Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
strange fish

Da Kube

36 posts in this topic

Smell - disagree

Fair point. I do agree, there is some smell. I probably should have been more specific - once you get your technique dialled in you can hit the box in such a way that minimal smell is emitted. I don't know if you could sit next to someone on the bus and take a cheeky hit without them seeing (also visually hiding it might be an issue), but vaping in my room with the window open (and a scented candle lit for bonus points) leaves no lingering smell.

1 person likes this

No longering spells that you can tell. ;)

I refer you to my earlier comments about starting with my MFLB right at the start of my second go-around with the herb. From a couple of coughs the room STANK of cannabis to me, as someone who'd just been using it and sitting in that same room getting used to the smell. I left and came back and it reeked.

There's no way you could rely on a MFLB for stealth in public or at home if you live somewhere not friendly to the herb. Without controlling (small carbon filter) your vapour exhalation the room will smell like someone's been on the weed in it - only without the smoky overtones. Making it visually stealthy would be one thing, but making it not stink is something else entirely.

Again I caution against trusting ANYONE who regularly uses cannabis to give a verdict on smell. I know for a FACT that I can't smell it like I used to just a few months ago and I don't get through all that much. :P

Edited by tengreenfingers

I do agree that imbibers of the herb get somewhat desensitised to low levels of smell. However I stand by my earlier post - I have got over the initial learning curve and I am able to vape in my room without raising suspicion (in a non herb-friendly house). The learning curve bit is important, as I know a lot of people have trouble controlling the temperature in the box when they start with it, and end up combusting, which obviously causes more smell than vaping. Bottom line - your mileage will vary, and some situations are riskier than others. If zero smell is absolutely necessary, you're probably better off with edibles (although being off your tits for 8 hours can be a slight giveaway also :rofl:)

Obviously it's better done when people are asleep / out of the house anyway; eye drops might hide one of the main tells but just having to act "normal" around herb-haters can be enough to dampen your buzz a bit.

Long live the mflb/kube :spliff: (we need a vaping emoticon!)

AngryPanda

e2a:

It is nice to know that stems are vape-able so thanks for that. I've been putting them to one side and keeping what goes into the trench down to flowers only (the odd leaf and immature seed don't bother me) but will try stems if things ever get that thin on the ground.

No worries! I read about it before I tried, and there were (as always) a variety of opinions. I just grind them up as much as possible and whack it in. I don't have enough stems (or any other bits of trim like fan leaves etc) to make concentrates, nor would I be able to in my non-herb-loving house anyway. So this was a good way to reduce the wastage. Surprisingly effective!

Edited by angrypanda
2 people like this

I've got a MFLB and get away with it fucking everywhere. Cinema, pubs, clubs, tesco, restaurants, my mums gaff, my missus car the lot. yes it smells a bit but to be honest I often smell of weed a bit anyway so its no difference lol

I think the main benefit worth mentioning is the fact vapour doesn't linger. If you have a heavy vape sesh as long as you pack everything up and give everywhere a quick wipe down the next day its completely odour free.

My mum doesn't mind weed at all but she's got a nose like a fucking sniffer dog and hates the smell of smoke (more tobacco than weed really), she thinks a few joints worth in my pocket stinks far more than any amount of vapour from my MFLB. Grinding the herb and getting it into the thing is far smellier that actually using the thing IME.

:yinyang:

2 people like this

I think the main benefit worth mentioning is the fact vapour doesn't linger.

This - I can only really reference a "real" MFLB rather than one of the cheap knock-offs like the da kube or dragon, but the fact that the smell doesn't linger in a room is what makes it exceptionally stealthy to use.

During use it definitely smells in the immediate vicinity, and it can make a room smell for 5-10 minutes after a session too..but after that, it just vanishes. If you are outside or have a window open, then that 5-10minutes no longer applies, you are talking seconds.

I use mine regularly at home indoors, or in hotel rooms, the park, garden etc etc..never had a problem. Very few people actually know that I vape, and even people visiting just 30min after I've hit the box can't smell a thing.

The biggest things that actually give off a smell are the box itself (if you have ever burnt weed in it or got it too hot), the stem (this really really stinks - native mode removes that problem though) and of course your 420, especially when it's good.

Keeping the box clean after every session makes a world of difference to that, so really all you need to worry about is the smell of your own weed :)

Edited by Spud1
1 person likes this

Just got myself a 'da kube' the other day, anyone got any link for some good extra batteries? So many to choose from on eBay that I have no idea what am looking at anymore ha.

just make sure they are over 2000 mAh. their is an "ENERGIZER INTELLIGENT CHARGER" with 4x 2000mAh AA's for £12 or a pack of 4 duracell for £6odd.

I have a "Da Kube", got it on amazon last year for £38. It has served me very well, for the price it's a great introduction to the world of vaping. I'm not able to have a big desktop vape either so something as small as the mflb/kube is perfect.

I vaped a trench worth of stems in it for the second time a little while ago (yep, re-vaped ABV stems) and I am pretty high. I love smoking joints/bongs/pipes, but this little thing has certainly got its place in my marijuarsenal.

I just made up a new word.

AngryPanda

e2a: regarding the smell and combustion issues, I found that there was a bit of a learning curve but once you get used to it you can really control temps quite well, solving both those issues.

Yes

Mr Panda how could you be angry when you can make up wonderful words :trumpet:

Lets hear it for Da Kube

And Da Buda :yahoo:

It's Vapor time :hi:

wow, old thread, but I certainly reccomend the 'da kube', still going strong after all this time, and I have to say, still gives excellent results, myself and mrs inertia loved it so much, we have upgraded to a desktop vape.

For £40 or so, its an excellent introduction, and I will still use mine outdoors/fishing etc, But if your thinking of spending around £100 for a vape like the original mflb, as a first vape, and not necesarilly for portability, id recommend getting something you can dial-in and shift through the temperatures, as I cant stress enough, how much fun it is have hits at different temps, and manipulate your effects to how you want it.

Nothing wrong with keeping all the info in the same thread. :)

I was thinking about this thread the other day actually... after a short herb-free period (and by short I mean maybe a day) I opened the tin and the smell that hit me was incredible. Just another point about the alleged stealthiness.

It's visually strange so when using it outdoors I find myself wishing I had something more e-Cig like in appearance... but a tiny bit of discretion about choosing your moment to use it solves that for the most part - even more so if you enclose it in a palm-down fist rather than the palm up most (including me) usually use - it's almost invisible that way even without shovel-sized hands.

The smell remains an issue though. The exhaled vapour smells more nutty than anything else, but when I opened the tin the smell was absolutely unmistakable even to someone who's becoming more and more desensitised to the smell over time.

I have an idea of how to eradicate the smell, and all it to be more stealthy.

But it requires a 2nd vape with temp control, to do it easily.

Vape a few bowls on 180c, save your bud in a box.

Use this bud when outside and need an odour free vape.

At 175c all the aromatic oils,and terpenes will be mostly used up, leaving a lot less odour released when vaping. But essentially most of the thc will be intact, at those temperatures.

Rumour has it that a water cure has basically the same effect, and probably without losing as much of the cannabinoids as heating would lose.

I expect I'll be giving that a go the next time I get a new jar's worth in. Running dangerously low now though so not gonna risk a crumb of it until I've got more. :)

I'd like to let you all know that some 16 months after getting my kube it still work s like a dream and only cost about £35 squid if I recall correctly . :shock:

That's right you heard correct £35 squid .

I use it about every three weeks or so when I go visit a friend , works a bloody treat I say a treat :upside: .

I like it that much that I've bought four more since , presents for family and friends .

If your thinking about a portable do yourself and your pocket a favour .

Da Kube :v: .

I own an MFLB (same thing) and have to say its probably the best vaporiser ever (and I've owned a few, used loads)

VAPE ON