Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DrHemp

NORML UK is launched in Cardiff

62 posts in this topic

We are pleased to announce the launch of NORML UK.

Mission statement

NORML-UK seeks to gain recognition for the rights of people to peacefully pursue activities relating to cannabis without unwarranted intervention by the authorities.

A voice for responsible cannabis users

Founded in 1970 in the USA, NORML is an international organisation representing cannabis users worldwide. NORML-UK is is a non-partisan, non-profit organisation working for more research into the benefits of the uses of the cannabis plant for all purposes. We aim to provide a support network to those seeking the normalisation of cannabis users and to influence a positive transformation to laws to enable responsible medical, spiritual, recreational and industrial uses in the UK.

Our founding members are a diverse group of people from all walks of life who have one thing in common, we are all passionate about individual freedom, responsibility and liberty.

NORML UK was launched in Cardiff on 5th May 2012 at the Global Marijuana March by medicinal cannabis consumer Des Humphrey and Howard Marks aka Mr Nice.

The founding members of NORML UK are (in no particular order):

Sanj Chowdhary, Desmond Humphrey, Greg de Hoedt, Dan Kushington, Kit Kushington, Tina Mendes, Clark French, Chris Bovey, Sarah McCulloch, Mike Livelsly, Orson Boon, Jason Reed, Katie Ion and a few others who do not wish to be named, we also have the full backing of Howard Marks.

Please show your support for NORML UK by liking our official Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/NORMLUK

Follow us on Twitter @norml_uk

The official NORML web site is http://www.norml-uk.org/

post-175-0-20414500-1336645618_thumb.jpg

37 people like this

excellent :yep:

been following NORML USA for years now and im glad to hear of a UK NORML getting started :D

:guitar:

Best of luck in the future NORML UK!

Peace!

Best of luck in the future NORML UK!

Peace!

+1

Go NORML-UK Go!!!!

Best of British to you. :lucky:

Kudos to you all and may Norml UK flourish in all its endeavours.

I don't really know any of the individuals involved but it looks like a lot of former Clear members. I hope they can work together rather than the usual bitch fest that seems to evolve from any UK activist groups.

NORML appears to be doing good things in the US, lets hope it works out for the UK guys as well. Good luck to them anyway.

maybe this thread could be pinned (in activism ?) and the CLEAR one closed ? Bye bye Peter ...

10 people like this

Had a look through their Facebook page - They are trying to get folk to appear on the TV show "Free Speech" on BBC3 next week, and apparently, so are CLEAR...

May have to watch it when it's on. After looking into what they have done in the US - I wish them luck over here.

maybe this thread could be pinned (in activism ?) and the CLEAR one closed ? Bye bye Peter ...

I follow Greg from CannabiscureTV & Facebook and he's got alot to say about Peter. I don't know why or how people are still following Peter on his FB and Clear page :(

Would it not be a good idea to keep this thread a CLEAR free zone? I am sure the current membership of NORML-UK have put all that behind them now and want to move forward with the agenda at hand, maybe we should do that as well? Lets look forward not back, starring back at passed car crashes is a bit voyeuristic anyway..... CLEAR Who?

Good luck DrHemp and colleagues :yep:

35 people like this

Welcome again to the UK if their is anything we can do just ask :)

OG

1 person likes this

From NORML ZA to NORML UK I salute you! Uphold your principles and fight the good fight. I always wondered why the UK never had it's own NORML chapter. It makes so much sense as the name of the organisation carries so much weight and strikes fear into the heart of any prohibitionist. NORML is a truly global brand now. How many other countries have a NORML chapter? Time to do some googling.

E2A: According the the official NORML website other countries with national NORML chapters besides the US, UK and South Africa are Spain, Norway, Australia and New Zealand. I'm surprised that India, the Netherlands and Jamaica don't have one yet.

Edited by Puff Adder
4 people like this

Raise my hat to them, good people, :smokin: .

Mission statement

NORML-UK seeks to gain recognition for the rights of people to peacefully pursue activities relating to cannabis without unwarranted intervention by the authorities.

gets my support :yep:

10 people like this