Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Percy Bud

The (possible) history of Skunk#1

494 posts in this topic

^ I would reserve your judgement until having tried Mr Nice Shit. He purposefully bred it so that it had a longer flowering time and recaptured the essence of the older version.

Its on my "To Grow" list, alongside a load of others! So much to grow, so little time left to grow in!

Could your pallette have changed in this time?

Always a possibility, that.

But so many old friends agree, have all our tastes changed? Maybe, maybe its an ageing thing.....

lol

Not to worry, I have fun hunting it down.....

1 person likes this

Sleestack/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1

KandyKush/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1

OG18/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1

Hindu Kush X Sk1

Hindu Kush/Sk1 X Sk1

Cal Orange/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1

Afgh #1 X Sk1

Skunk #1 X Sk1

NLA/Sk1 X Sk1

G13/Sk1 X Sk1

OTP/Sk1 X Sk1

OTR/Sk1 X Sk1

Original Haze X Original Haze

Original Haze/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1

Original Haze/Sk1 x HawaiianIndica7 X Haze/Sk1

Original Haze/Sk1 x Sk1 X Haze/Sk1

Original Haze/Sk1 x LP1 X Haze/Sk1

Import Afgh/Sk1 X Sk1

Just a few then. It would be good to see some fo these grown out. :yep:

The last one sounds like an old Superskunk, hmmm.

I have fun hunting it down.....

Maybe we could have a group Skunk grow. Check a whole load of seed banks offering in one mass grow.

I think you will find sam skunkman did give nevil the seeds jim 100% true

Nevil was on the boards last year and said he got them from sam

I think the yrs 66,67,68,69,70 was on the bags off sam only 7 popped and from them, all the legends were made

Well I have not read anywhere that Neville says Sam gave him the Haze seeds. So if you can point me in the direction of that thread?!

Also, Sam was not involved in any breeding projects, he did not create or help create skunk#1, hes a thief and scammer, since he arrived in Amsterdam, what did he do for the canna community?

Look at what Neville has done, along with Shanti, the strains they have created over the years are what every other fem seedbank bases their stock on, in fact the fem retailers on here even use their stock.

Cant do links jim, but take a look at Grail the ultimate haze hybrid, and big herbs True origins of haze

There at mns site its a good read till the trolls hound nevil

I've been going through my old seed stashes and dug out a few possible early Skunk#1's.

The first batch was originally bag seed that (unusually) was seeded. These were grown out to

produce a larger batch of f2's. I can't remember if they hermied or not but they were a strong

plants that resembled OG skunk#1 that I had grown before.

gallery_52842_4017_54961.jpg

gallery_52842_4017_43262.jpg

gallery_52842_4017_67155.jpg

gallery_52842_4017_66574.jpg

Later they were crossed with Oasis (old Dutch Passion stock of NL#2) and from memory these were

also a very potent batch.

gallery_52842_4017_66398.jpg

I havn't attempted to sprout any of these since the 90's.

The first test was to split a few open to see what they looked like.

The first 2 were dry but the 3rd looks viable to me.

gallery_52842_4017_21815.jpg

This one tasted lovely.

gallery_52842_4017_51864.jpg

In to soak with a little Nitrozyme and Bio-wetter.

Fingers crossed. :smokin:

gallery_52842_4017_9118.jpg

6 people like this

i just checked there and the seeds iv got are samtheskunkman skunk1 x haze x mixed seeds heres some more info if anybody wants them il send a pack into the site as percy says no good sitting in the fridge im never going to get round to growing them :spliff:

(MIXED Batch Many different varieties, accidently mixed, new seeds)

Sleestack/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1

KandyKush/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1

OG18/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1

Hindu Kush X Sk1

Hindu Kush/Sk1 X Sk1

Afgh #1 X Sk1

Skunk #1 X Sk1

NLA/Sk1 X Sk1

G13/Sk1 X Sk1

OTP/Sk1 X Sk1

OTR/Sk1 X Sk1

Import Afgh/Sk1 X Sk1

jus managed to grab meself some of these ,, did anyone get round to growing any out ?? :oldtoker:

Edited by el stoned

On 17/12/2011 at 6:30 PM, bill cooper said:

i just checked there and the seeds iv got are samtheskunkman skunk1 x haze x mixed seeds heres some more info if anybody wants them il send a pack into the site as percy says no good sitting in the fridge im never going to get round to growing them :spliff:

(MIXED Batch Many different varieties, accidently mixed, new seeds)

Sleestack/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1

KandyKush/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1

OG18/Sk1 X Haze/Sk1

Hindu Kush X Sk1

Hindu Kush/Sk1 X Sk1

Afgh #1 X Sk1

Skunk #1 X Sk1

NLA/Sk1 X Sk1

G13/Sk1 X Sk1

OTP/Sk1 X Sk1

OTR/Sk1 X Sk1

Import Afgh/Sk1 X Sk1

I just came across this old thread, damn Bill, you had some collection.

2 people like this

I would like to know the story of Skunk no1 from @oldtimer1 as he actually contributed to its creation.

It makes me sick that snitching P.O.S like Dave Watson aka Sam'Ibredtheskunkoutofskunk'man takes all the credit for it when all he is a filthy grass and CIA asset.

This is the real skunk that sam never fucked up for the world

large.1.jpg

16 people like this

Now that's field full of beautiful plants:hippy:

Posted (edited)

15 minutes ago, oldskoolskunk said:

I would like to know the story of Skunk no1 from @oldtimer1 as he actually contributed to its creation.

Aye man, that would be interesting.  I'd love to hear the man interviewed on something like the Pot Cast.....

Edited by Lean Bear

2 minutes ago, Lean Bear said:

Aye man, that would be interesting.  I'd love to hear the man interviewed on something like the Pot Cast.....

He wont do that but a little post here would be nice

I would love a bit of RKS :yep: 

Edited by nudger36
2 people like this

11 hours ago, nudger36 said:

I would love a bit of RKS :yep: 

Me to but everyone with a seed company as it but when people grow it out it's usually low standard regular skunk. At the minute a good chem x to a high terp skunk is as near as you can get. Still it's no RKS.

1 person likes this

6 minutes ago, brock1 said:

Me to but everyone with a seed company as it but when people grow it out it's usually low standard regular skunk. At the minute a good chem x to a high terp skunk is as near as you can get. Still it's no RKS.

Yep, its gone from the genepool :( All sweet stuff these days. I have heard Bodhi was or is working on something but could have been a few years ago now though :( im sure I saw some crosses. Cannaventure was working a line too but never got past testing from what I read.

1 person likes this

Just now, nudger36 said:

Yep, its gone from the genepool :( All sweet stuff these days. I have heard Bodhi was or is working on something but could have been a few years ago now though :( im sure I saw some crosses. Cannaventure was working a line too but never got past testing from what I read.

I have looked for years now through old line's. Even the so called old American skunks from the likes of bazuka Joe are now sweet skunks. Still I have lots of fun looking through older skunks. I have some 89 bazuka Joe skunk but they are crossed with a early 90's cali orange skunk so probably sweet again. Probably pop a few soon and try taking it to F2. 

1 person likes this