Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

farmer boy

random guerrilla photos

9,440 posts in this topic
On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 11:58 PM, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

I've been keeping my head down this season, after another visit from the plod back in March. 

But I'm still doing some bits this season...

large_UK1.jpg

Gorilla auto

large_UK2.jpg

Cookies auto

large_UK3.jpg

Jack 47 XL buds...

large_UK4.jpg

:yinyang:

From what I remember....The old Jack 47 is a proper nice smoke.

Respect on the early harvest:yep:

3 people like this

Jack herer auto a week or two into flower

large.rsz_img_20190816_134708667.jpg and here's a cheese XXL(more like xxs) looking done after 7-8 weeks grow time. Left it to catch some sun (looking ok for a couple of days) hopefully it's not a mushy mess when I go back  :) should be ok only a couple of grams on it 

large.rsz_img_20190816_134530247.jpg

13 people like this

1 hour ago, Andromedian said:

From what I remember....The old Jack 47 is a proper nice smoke.

Respect on the early harvest:yep:

Cheers dude.

It's the new release Jack 47 XL auto. Seed to harvest in 9 weeks for me, but I got hammered by mould. Maybe lost 1/3 of it in total. Seems there's no escaping the bud rot this year with the weather we've had. There was barely a spec of mould on the autos last season, but this year is different. Lots of losses. I dunno how you guys fared in the auto department?

And good luck with those monsters you've got going. I'm thinking the later stuff will do a lot better this year, if we get a drier, cooler spell during the autumn. I mean it can't be much worse than the soaking wet summer harvests this season. But I suppose its 'eggs and baskets' and all...

3 people like this

40 minutes ago, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

Cheers dude.

It's the new release Jack 47 XL auto. Seed to harvest in 9 weeks for me, but I got hammered by mould. Maybe lost 1/3 of it in total. Seems there's no escaping the bud rot this year with the weather we've had. There was barely a spec of mould on the autos last season, but this year is different. Lots of losses. I dunno how you guys fared in the auto department?

And good luck with those monsters you've got going. I'm thinking the later stuff will do a lot better this year, if we get a drier, cooler spell during the autumn. I mean it can't be much worse than the soaking wet summer harvests this season. But I suppose its 'eggs and baskets' and all...

I remember in our first season, when I first med bud rot.....I nearly cried lol

We didn't bother with auto's this year mate....was kinda expecting a really wet one, hence the towers and Insta-plot bags....

Weather has been perfect for us, haven't had to do any watering ha ha....

The monsters are doing well, we gathered, the bigger the motherfuckers are, the more windflow, and the stronger the plant

Good to see you back.....I know you are a bit Mary J Blithe, when it comes to drama's lol

Every forum needs someone like yourself.....and that's not a bad thing

atb

9 people like this

@The Sheriff of Nottingham

I was talking about you only last month, some said you’d been for a trip at Her Majesty’s. I said no and that you’d still be about; and low and behold the prodigal has returned. Well done on getting some in early. 

Andro’s right about the forum and having a mix of characters. I’m just plain rude and you love a storm in a tea cup. It’s part of what makes the forum entertaining and why I stick around. Glad to see you on the boards. Sooo what happened with plod this time ?

6 people like this

1 hour ago, Lea Valley said:

I was talking about you only last month, some said you’d been for a trip at Her Majesty’s. I said no and that you’d still be about; and low and behold the prodigal has returned. Well done on getting some in early. 

Andro’s right about the forum and having a mix of characters. I’m just plain rude and you love a storm in a tea cup. It’s part of what makes the forum entertaining and why I stick around. Glad to see you on the boards. Sooo what happened with plod this time ?

Nothing major mate, just had old bill sniffing around a few months back. I won't go into detail, but basically I've had to tread very carefully this year. I almost didn't bother with a grow this season. In fact I was telling myself back in March, that I'm 100% not going to do an outdoor grow this year. But it got round to about late April and I thought "nah, fuck it. I'm growing something". Like I couldn't resist. Pretty sure a lot of others have been in that situation lol.

I'm still treading lightly though. I've only got the 4 autos and 3 FV/early's this year, so 7 plants in total. Nothing major on my end. The few plants that I am doing have all performed though and grown really well this year, despite the poor weather and the mould pandemic this summer. I have been growing autos for 4 years now and this has been the worst summer IMO, certainly for mould. But it hasn't stopped me cropping decent amounts from the autos. I never would have managed that in my first year, under the same poor summer conditions. Experience is everything in this game. I believe that more than ever now. I'm just glad I didn't miss a year out GG and kept this cycle going. 

And I get what you're saying about different characters building an atmosphere on the forums. I wish I could say that I enjoy playing into this character complex, but I genuinely just want to keep my head down in all honesty. Like no hassle and all. :yinyang: 

12 people like this

Posted (edited)

Nice one Sheriff, I knew you couldn’t stay away :thisbig:

Yeah I’ve had to go on lowdown in the past and know how hard it is to resist the urge once the sun starts to shine  :ninja:

Hope that your now off plods list after the last visit, just don’t get sloppy and let them have a reason to spin you anymore. 

GL with the fv’s , I’m sure you’ll have a result. 

Edited by Lea Valley
4 people like this

Maize looks very advanced for time of year.  Regardless, my bet would be those plants would be harvested by the tractor. 

1 person likes this

Kalashnikov Purple Russian Express according to the blurb will not grow higher than 1.3m but these are all 6-7 feet and have only just showed signs of flowering so god knows how big they’ll finish. They are a White Russian and Big Daddy Purple cross which sounds awesome. A stem rub reminds me of red purps. 

large.23C4F53F-AB33-45BA-B6B4-CBCA33DF72AF.jpeglarge.DF294896-F17E-4934-A871-2F3DB7FB46FD.jpeg

The other Kalashnikov seeds I’m growing are Kabul Express and also advertised as short but are also fucking massive at 6-7 ft each. Kabul Express have an awesome back story (Afghan seeds lost for 20 years blah blah blah) but they wreak of old skool squidgy black hash already and they have only just started flowering so there could be some merit in the history of this plant....I can’t wait to see how these turn out

large.F928FEDF-8E7D-403B-A344-72ED3FF50C19.jpeglarge.414B98C3-A203-47D3-8449-F5514DB93FA2.jpeg

Also at this plot is pure CBD strain SuperCBDX Matanuska Thunderfuck and its coming on very nicely but I’d like to see it starting to flower soon

large.096879FA-1137-4D71-9846-47CEE63C3A0D.jpeg

A few red purps as well, this is the largest (it’s leaning a bit which is benefitting the bottom buds which are shooting up) and all of my red purps have started to flower . 

Everything at this plot is at least 6ft tall :smokin:

large.8393BAFF-618A-4CCD-829A-544A6961C3F4.jpeg

If anyone has experience of these Kalashnikov express strains and you have some words of wisdom i’d be grateful to hear them.

cheers

20 people like this

1 hour ago, Amarillo slim said:

Maize looks very advanced for time of year.  Regardless, my bet would be those plants would be harvested by the tractor. 

I think the farmer tried to capitalise on the warm, dry spring by planting early this year. I always plant first week of July here, when the maize is about 4-5 foot in height, so that it is tall enough to hide the plants and myself when setting up and going in and out of the fields. But this year I was surprised to find that the maize was a good 6 foot when I planted out on July 4th, with cobs already starting to form. If I knew that was the case, I easily could have planted out 2 weeks earlier than I usually do in this spot. 

The plants are about 3 weeks into flower, so I reckon another 3-4 weeks left. I should be out the field by mid September, and I've never lost a single plant to the tractor, despite being told every year, over and over again, that the tractor will get them. After a few years doing this, I have noticed that the maize is always consistently harvested last week of October/first week of November in this spot. Worst case scenario, the maize will be harvested a few weeks earlier than normal, say mid October. But even still, I should be out of this field a month before the tractor comes through.

This is what they looked like as early as August 1st...

large_Cob.jpg

Once the cobs form, it takes about a month for them to reach their final size and then another 5-6 weeks for them to ripen up inside. I've been carefully accessing this in previous years to get an understanding of what I am working with. And I've noticed the farmers leave the maize for several weeks after it has finished up. I've researched this and I think it is to increase the percentage of DM (dry matter). Leaving it a few extra weeks lowers the water content which makes it easier for compressing and storage, as it will be used to feed livestock over the winter and spring. 

So I'm guessing the corn/maize we see getting chopped down quite early, in say late September/early October, is actually for human consumption/use and doesn't require an increase of DM, unlike the animal fodder Maize. Just something to bare in mind when selecting a corn/maize field to grow in. The animal fodder Maize fields seem to get cut around November 1st in the south of the UK, for the reasons I stated, which makes it an ideal candidate for guerrilla grows. Whereas the maize for human consumption will get cut around 1st October, on average, give or take a week for both. But that is a massive difference in this game. For that reason, I would advise someone to scout out a field for at least a year to see what type of maize field it is. That way they won't get caught out if it is a maize field for human consumption which will be cut early. I mean autos will work for both types, but you need an animal fodder maize field for any type of photoperiod, including early/FV. 

Just thought I'd mention that Amarillo, as I wouldn't want other people planting in a non-animal fodder maize field and losing their crop...

large.5d5878323b7cd_Maizeautoharvest.jpg

:yinyang:

13 people like this

Well.. after another full week of rediculously wet weather, anyone in the south west will understand, i was fully expecting the worst when i went to the plot tday. There were little bits of rot on a few plants but nothing like what i was expecting..

This royal mazar had no rot at all and is lookin beautiful..Screenshot-2019-08-17-16-31-14.pngthe trich production is insane..Screenshot-2019-08-17-16-31-27.pngthis dfg has about 1 week to go i reckon.. maybe 2 if the weather allows..Screenshot-2019-08-17-16-30-32.pngScreenshot-2019-08-17-16-33-45.pngScreenshot-2019-08-17-16-30-39.png2 very uniform fast deisels..Screenshot-2019-08-17-16-34-41.pngcouple more dfg's..Screenshot-2019-08-17-16-34-49.pnggreen gold..Screenshot-2019-08-17-16-32-12.pnga "7"..Screenshot-2019-08-17-16-31-59.pngthe big gorilla haze had a branch snapped and hangin so a repair job was needed. Luckily i was prepared. Tbh, i think i must have caught in on my bag on the way past cos it looked fresh..Screenshot-2019-08-17-16-31-34.pngScreenshot-2019-08-17-16-33-53.pnggroup shot..Screenshot-2019-08-17-16-33-23.pngi took an auto mazar home. Lost prob about 50% of it to rot. Whats there looks nice tho, and the rest is in the oil bag. Dont have a pic unfortunately. 

Peace

24 people like this

Looking spot on there mate , great looking plot .. 

yeah the RoyalMazar  are very frosty girls and can potentially get big with the right conditions, but some pheno’s do suffer more with mould in less than favourable years weather wise like this year , is a shame as the end quality is top shelf for outdoor.. 

8 people like this

12 hours ago, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

So I'm guessing the corn/maize we see getting chopped down quite early, in say late September/early October, is actually for human consumption/use

Nope. Nearly all of it is for cattle, some for fuel and seed.  But very very rarely will it be grown for 'sweetcorn'.  

12 hours ago, The Sheriff of Nottingham said:

I should be out of this field a month before the tractor comes through

Good luck 

3 people like this

@panik. Cheers mate. Yeah i do have a couple rmaz in holes nearby that have had bits cut off them. I guess i was fortunate that the one that was far bigger and healthier than the others, is also lookin extremely mold resistant. I didnt get to try it last yr due to a rip so fingers crossed for this yr. She looks beautiful tho. 

3 people like this

Got quite a few plants in flower; from a few weeks to almost there. Nearly all of these early flowering photo period or semi auto plants are RealGorillaSeeds. All of the rain though in the west/south west and the fact I’ve already lost 2/3rds of my autos to rot, and reading about some of the failed grows on this site this season, has had me fearing the worst - I visited last night and.....

fast diesel - got several of these out there and they are all looking great but this is the earliest to flower. The1st picture taken approx 1 week ago and the bud shots taken last night. Main cola chopped due to some mould setting in but the rest is fine. Left it for one more week. 

large.1D8F9973-C34B-4DAF-BA70-848F6C51A92A.jpegFlash offlarge.2F5A441A-D9ED-46EB-9932-417FF73E2132.jpegsame bud flash on

large.90D0A63C-E295-45D7-A526-9D8BF11E7AC6.jpeg

Dinefem Early Amnesia CBD - just one out and its been much better than I thought it would be. Well impressed - not a hint of bud rot

large.9FD5C352-AFAA-4EE6-9850-A26961A4609E.jpeglarge.F9801D5C-FB09-494E-8346-F1F066607731.jpeg

RSGC Lemonade OG runt/stunted/auto’d? Others are fine although this one is only 3 feet high but cooked nicely and getting the chop next week. Some rot on this 10%. All removed of course and left for a few more days on the assumption it is bright and sunny this week - wtf woke up to more rain this morning :wallbash: oh well, it should be ok for a few more days 

large.671C769A-A62E-4877-861D-78D439794D87.jpeg

RGSC Whitey Freeze. Small at 4ft but great. A couple weeks left on this I think?

large.09576A2E-2849-4727-97A0-A20169955DC3.jpeg

Another RGSC Lemonade OG but more normal at 6-7ft in height and a good few weeks of flowering to go

large.AED31BEF-0B6E-4836-8DEB-CE48F68E1C56.jpeg

RGSC DFGs several weeks to go yet and such a consistent performer. A banker strain for me now. Never had rot on DFG

large.B2D79B33-3240-4107-AD98-7AE7B123EAC8.jpeglarge.48A18D98-6D16-4B76-9060-3102D43B12D1.jpeg

RGSC Gorilla Haze looking fab. Maybe 4 weeks or so left?

large.983BD83A-8A65-4330-89B0-1E713D760390.jpeg

I’ve got lots coming in over the next 10 weeks (different strains, different breeders spread over different plots) but evenly staggered so despite the shite weather some of these will come in no problem. 

Im no sheep, I’m not into cults or hype or brands, and I’m sure there are other equally good breeders out there, but respect to RGSC and Dinefem for providing these early rot resistant strains for growers like me :yinyang:

19 people like this