Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AustrianTokker

From Seed To Bud In Less Than 10 Weeks!

163 posts in this topic

Cheers Serpent :v: Doesn't seem bad after all, although i was originally hopping to achieve a couple more gramms per plant, but considering my input - im glad about the the outcome. How are your black jacks coming along btw?

AT :oldtoker:

A bit of a disaster AT, all down to grower error, started them way too early, then neglected them a bit and they stretched that much they were touching the bulb bar 1 Black Jack so they've had to be supercropped :ouch: and at the moment there looking a bit sorry for themselves, need to give them a bit of tlc!

A bit of a disaster AT, all down to grower error, started them way too early, then neglected them a bit and they stretched that much they were touching the bulb bar 1 Black Jack so they've had to be supercropped :ouch: and at the moment there looking a bit sorry for themselves, need to give them a bit of tlc!

That's a bit of a shame. That's the thing with autos, you need to pay extra attention during the first couple of weeks of growth - especially the weeks of stretch (day 30-45) need to be controlled. I wouldn't say that autos are really forgiving since any mistake will take away points of the final yield. Ah well, i still hope you can achieve something, would be a shame otherwise. Are you now a fully converted auto grower serpent? Why are you not growing non auto strains btw?

Congrats on the harvest AT :yahoo:

Looking forward to the smoke reports :skin_up:

On a side note you should check&clean your mail box from time to time :wassnnme:

Take care my friend :yinyang:

That's a bit of a shame. That's the thing with autos, you need to pay extra attention during the first couple of weeks of growth - especially the weeks of stretch (day 30-45) need to be controlled. I wouldn't say that autos are really forgiving since any mistake will take away points of the final yield. Ah well, i still hope you can achieve something, would be a shame otherwise. Are you now a fully converted auto grower serpent? Why are you not growing non auto strains btw?

Shit happens I guess and it's my own fault for being greedy :stoned: I'm still gonna stick with them, but I'm not expecting them to yield as much as past auto's I've grown, as long as I get summat I'll be happy.

At the moment I guess I am, I just like the quick turnaround, means I can try a lot of different strains in a short period of time, plus my tent is only small so there ideal, not saying I won't try photoperiod strains again, if I get a good harvest from a few auto's which I know will last a while, I might then have a stab at regs, would like to grow a Cream Caramel to see how it compares to it's auto sibling, but we'll see.

Congrats on the harvest AT :yahoo:

Looking forward to the smoke reports :skin_up:

On a side note you should check&clean your mail box from time to time :wassnnme:

Take care my friend :yinyang:

Thanks Paulo. It's been a while since i harvested anything indoors. I usually have one or two "umpa lumpas" helping me out. ;) But if i can't handle trimming 5 autos by myself - i should get worried. btw, I managed to clear some of my mailbox. :D

Shit happens I guess and it's my own fault for being greedy :stoned: I'm still gonna stick with them, but I'm not expecting them to yield as much as past auto's I've grown, as long as I get summat I'll be happy.

At the moment I guess I am, I just like the quick turnaround, means I can try a lot of different strains in a short period of time, plus my tent is only small so there ideal, not saying I won't try photoperiod strains again, if I get a good harvest from a few auto's which I know will last a while, I might then have a stab at regs, would like to grow a Cream Caramel to see how it compares to it's auto sibling, but we'll see.

That is a bit of a shame, especially when you know that you could have done a better with a little more attention. What are your opportunities outside? You could place the autos which are too big at some sunny spot! and fill the gap with a nice cream caramel :yes: What do you think?

Yeah I think thats why I'm partly kicking myself, but its a constant learning curve this growing lark, and doing an outside grow isn't something I'm keen on doing, there's quite a few places I could poossibly do it, but the idea doesn't sit comfortable with me.

I guess you are the best one to evaluate the situation. I still think that the summer months are great to be used for autos - i haven't tried it myself, but was going to give them a try if i was doing an OD grow. If they are too big for your indoor set up, then why not put them outside? Cut the base of your pots and dig them in a little so that they don't dry out too fast. Unless you can visit them on a regular basis.

It's a nice idea, but not something I wanna do myself, paranoid enough with just my tent, never mind worrying about an OD grow as well :stoned:

hey AT..

even more agog over your smoke report now dude..!..they turned out really nice and phat for you..and not a bad haul for the time-frame..

wasn't expecting them to be so 'contained' when i looked this time..by which i mean they are compact little girls and i now have to go off to research Black Jack's again.. :rolleyes:lol ..i have already mind..i need to memorize it like i did with stuff at school though i think..by repetition and such means..since my mind is clearly no better equipped for learning now than it was in my youth..

well done on the harvest AT.. :yinyang::yep:

Nice harvest mate!

..and a very good diary, thanks! Enjoy your sweets! :skin_up:

tommy

enjoy those buds Austrian Tokker

hope they taste as good as they look

:skin_up:

Great stuff AT, those BJ`s are gonna be real nice.

TF

Thanks for all the nice comments! :D

Can't believe 4 months have past since i've chopped down these girls - I guess enough time has past to give my final conclusion on this strain with smoke report! :wassnnme: sparking a one up while writing...

post-27825-0-60189600-1317309365_thumb.jpg

Black Jack Auto has changed my view on Autos and my view wasn't positive to say the least!

Having a 3 month time limit, i had no other option than growing an automatic strain in order achieve a full grow (seed to dry buds). After previous disappointments with LR2 and dieselryder, i was still willing to give automatics another shot (only sweet seeds), so i picked up a pack of black jack autos at my local shop - Good thing i did!

Growing these girls was quite easy. The usual potting up, keeping the environment within "safe" levels and basically letting the girls do their thing. I must say that the rate of growth was rather slow during the initial 3 weeks and I was expecting a little more height from these girls. Still at the end, the size between the five of them was ranging between 45 and 65cm. I must add that on a couple occasions, i had to leave them unattended for a period of 4-6 days, which is not ideal.

I only used organic nutes during this grow and was the first time i used only those two: fishmix and Urgo*. I went a little cautious on the dosage and this might have been the reason why they were on the hungry side during their flowering, but still reasonably healthy. Nevertheless, the plants managed to yield around 38g on average which makes it a total of about 190g. Yield isn't spectacular for a 400w light, but to be fair i could have easily stuffed another 2 or 3 plants into the tent!

The smoke is what impressed me the most, :smoke: Not initially, but after a month cure the buds were of good quality. I was not expecting such good smoke from an auto to be honest. Not as sweet as i usually like the flavour to be, but more sour, spicy with some floral and incense undertones. All five were very similar with a few nuances between them. "Do$$" was the only one that had the extra "spiciness".

The high is on a good level between head and body - not overpowering on either side, but keeps you well buzzed for a few good hours. All in all, i'm impressed with the quality of this auto strain a would give it a 7.5/10

I hope you enjoyed the report and if you choose to grow Black Jack Auto - i'll understand why! :D

post-27825-0-81304500-1317309353_thumb.jpg

(some of the main buds put together)

5 people like this