Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CATSARSE

1st System Hydro

33 posts in this topic

or can we make it work ?

1 15 gal tank

2 smaller tanks

4 bank sticks stainles

1 mother fish pump

3mtrs of clear tube

2 flow valve

1 t pipe

4 hose males

2 lids (smallers tanks) one cut for 2 tubs da other doin nowt

1 airstone bottom of res

it fills in 10 mins and drains in 5 is that what i need ?

and if so how many cycles a day?

post-112-1077054591.jpg

Nice one fella :smoke:

Not a hydro man myself so can,t awnser your question but at least we got the pics sorted :yinyang:

Well, you are missing light, water, nutes plants and ventillation but what u have there looks fine to me :smoke: good work buddy :yinyang:

Ony thing i can seet that might be of oncern are those plant pots if ur pants get really really big. How are they attached and are they weak plastic?

Edited by []D [] []v[] []D

Ony thing i can seet that might be of oncern are those plant pots if ur pants get really really big. How are they attached and are they weak plastic?

Just wanted to add that although they do look like they lift in and out, maybe net pots filled with your desired medium (eg. hydroton pebbles) mebbe a viable alternative :yinyang:

:smoke:

G

that was the idea but im having trouble finding net pots 6", does anyone know of any uk shop? the smaller ones for the other tank aint a problem.

how big do they need 2 b anyway?

:stoned:

I think this is just a rough guide...

5 litre pot= Final plant size about 0.90cm

7.5 litre pot=Final plant size up to 1.2 metres

10 litre pot=Final plant size1.2 metres plus

15 litre pot=Biggah ;)

You could try and make em into net pots, but that requires an extremely sharp knife, and an even steadier hand :smoke:

They are available at any garden whatsitface, so let us know what you go with...

;)

G

5 litre pot= Final plant size about 0.90cm

7.5 litre pot=Final plant size up to 1.2 metres

10 litre pot=Final plant size1.2 metres plus

15 litre pot=Biggah

this sounds ok m8 but tbh i would only get like one 5ltr pot on each tank

if i was 2 use 3" net pots what results would i get with my system the pots in the prev photo r 2 weak 2 cut so gonna make me own ..

how close can i have these in that tank ..would i b able 2 have mabey 6 in 1 tank and the two in the other

the flood height can b diffrent in each tank

also what is the right temp for me nutes .

;)

post-112-1077393853.jpg

if i was 2 use 3" net pots what results would i get with my system

Results won't depend on pot size alone...

Environment is more important. A poor environment means a poor plant :guitar:...

If you can make net pots that are the same size as the ones which you have then I don't see a problem. Of course, you can use those pots which you have shown, but with your kind of system, the idea is that the roots come through the sides and bottom and feed in the nutrient solution.

"It's like putting a child in the middle of a sweet shop!" I think someone once described it as...

how close can i have these in that tank ..would i b able 2 have mabey 6 in 1 tank and the two in the other

Remember you are their "god" so you could have as many as you choose... The more you have, the smaller the plants will be...

what is the right temp for me nutes

IMO I would say around 19-22C, I think any higher, and you would have to consider H2O2, or another airstone, how big is the one ya got???

;)

G

Edited to add "another airstone" to the last sentence!

Edited by G-Whizz!

As far as I know, I think that Pimps yah man for bubblers :guitar:, I'm sure that he'll put us straight on a few things!!!

;)

G

The root mass isnt just contained by the plant pot that you have but also by the large tank underneath. If you were to have more plants it could decrease vegging time but im not sure if it would give you more bud or not, you would still be limited by the total ammount of space that the root system has to work with.

You can get nets like that from homebase, you might not be able top get ones that are small enough, but you can cut the circle on the lid to whatever size you want, and the screw the net onto the bottom side of it, so all that is visible from the top is the hole and some stones.

You should have the bottom of the nets from half an inch away to touching. you can have it further away if u have a real powerful airpump but I cant even remember why you dont want it touching ;)

Hope this helps, let me know if its not clear or nething...

Edit: ahh i see, flood and drain.. you are gonna want the water to touch the cube, my bad :guitar: couldnt tell you how high up you want it to go but as its real absorbant stuff im not sure it matter as long as it doesnt flood ur gr :smoke:

Edited by []D [] []v[] []D

I think that Pimps yah man for bubblers

Now that's what I'm talking bout!!!

Ta P!

;)

G

got the drill oot and bought some thicker pots, fit better,bigger lip they aint never gonna fall thru

cant wait 4 em gotta get somtin growin soon.. :bush:

the airstone is 13 cm long,might spare the pump into the 2 trays for when they fill ?(any benefit)

its like when ya cant sleep cos ur toes itch.......or is that just me = poll maybe

post-112-1077485265.jpg

I've just caught up with this thread.

I use a version of exactly this arrangement. I use 7"x7"x3" deep netpots of claypebbles, and put the rockwool blocks into the claypebbles.

the netpots came from a garden centre, they are meant for pond plants. I chose these because they fit the grow space very well, without adding too much height. this size will easily grow a 4' Indica, 5' Sativa.

I have my pump timer on for 15 mins every 2 hours while the lights are on (in flower). I keep the air pump switched on all the time.

I have one plant growing in bare claypebbles, and it hasn't done as well as the others in rockwool, in claypebbles. when clay pebbles dry out, they really dry out, while the rockwool would still be damp.

what are you going to be growing?

Its red hair m8 + big bud cuttings... aint turned up yet ;)

how long does ur system take 2 drain? and is it better 4 fast or slow drain times?

:bush: B)

been told if ya drill or cut the holes in pots u must remove all sharp edges.... cos when them little girls r hungry they might get hurt feedin :spliff: