Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BL

Need Advice! First Grow.

80 posts in this topic

Hi Uglybudly

Well shot of the stuff now. Having a much easier time with this canna aqua flores.

As for the mouldy stuff, I was advised to scrape it off and cover it up early in the grow so did that immediately. Having checked under it after reading your post I've noticed that there is a bit of a dark green patch on each one. Is this serious? Is it the cannazyme you mentioned that I need to sort this out? What does that do exactly?

Bad news on the sex front guys...........

4 males :( and only 1 female :smug: .

That's pretty :soap: odds isn't it, 1 in 5.

Nevermind, at least it's my favourite and by far the biggest of the bunch. It's the one in the middle of my tray in previous pics.

Is it possible to tie in flowering? I was hoping to get as much light on it as possible to fatten buds up seeing as it's going to be the only one left.

Right... Most importantly.......

How can I get rid of these males best? Don't I need something to get rid of dead roots when they're chopped? They're all mangled together in the spreader mat now and would be impossible to remove by hand.

Please help me out guys and gals as I believe I've read somewhere the sooner they come out, the better.

Cheers

BL

sorry 2 hear that m8 they looked fine :smug:

Life's a bitch eh CATSARSE. Thank God at least one of my plants is as well.

Forgot to ask on the male removal front, can I cut them out now and worry about dead weeds later?

Forgot to ask on the male removal front, can I cut them out now and worry about dead weeds later?

I meant to say dead roots. Doh!

Hey buddylove;

Bummer man....4-1 is some shit ratio, (I had exactly the same happen to me..4-1..I was pig-sick). Hope it's better next time for ya bro!

Right then..with regard to the males..chop them close to the cubes, (leaving just a small stalk). They won't die immediately so therefore this action will cause your crop no harm as the roots are still alive.

Of course they will eventually die, and using Cannazyme is meant to help deal with dead root matter, (breaks them down into re-usable components apparently). Have never used it myself but it is a recommended course of action in just this situation, so go for your life!

Next time why not grow a couple of seeds on in soil and when the opportunity arises, take cuttings. You could easily grow 5 cuttings on to maturity using a 205, and this way you know every one's a winner from the outset! A lot less dissapointment!

Good luck!

RD

ey up buddy,

i too was faced with this prob as i grew from seed in nft.

I just cropped em off near the base of stem and sort of carefully shaved the cube off from the spreader mat with a stanley knife.

introduced cannazym into nute regime (i think it its about 60ml to 20ltrs) but you'd better check it out first, this took care of the dead roots.

Dunno what would happen if you left the cube in tho'

Both of my grows have encountered this prob and have turned out quite well.

Hold out for a second oppinion for a bit and if all fails give it a whirl.

BILB

:D

if only i knew about this site 2 years ago ...but being a hermit has its down sides :(

ive lost more plants than .. ive cooked home dinners lol

Cheers for all the sympathy guys.

Having to chop four down was very emotional. :angry:

Time to move on now, and I have lovely lady left to devote my time to.

She's doing very well and seems to be enjoying the new found extra space.

Sorry once again about the quality of these pics, but they should give you an idea of what she's doing right now. Impossible to get close ups of the forming buds I'm afraid, but they are everywhere and growing really quick.

Here she is from side on, soaking up some rays...........

post-112-1079230004.jpg

Aerial shot................

Shit..........

Hopefully, Aerial shot....................

post-112-1079230341.jpg

Look at the stem on her. Like a damn tree trunk...............

Will keep working on the close ups.

BL

post-112-1079230490.jpg

Hi BL,

She's a credit to you.

I have a 205 system that I'm yet to use so I'm watching your grow with great interest.

Good luck with her

:angry:

I chop the males tight to the cube and leave the cube in. I also use Cannazyme throughout the grow and swear by it for NFT.

Cheers for for the kind words citizen. Be sure to show us some pics when you get your 205 up and running.

Nice advice rudders. Did exactly what you said and it seems to be coming along just fine.

Plants were on day 12 of flower today and are looking quite nice with loads of buds forming. I'm now just giving them the canna flores and canna zym after the week of bud blood they had on top. Not sure whether I'm putting the right amount of canna zym in though, it's supposed to be 1 litre canna zym to 400 water. What's that per litre of water? Far too stoned to even try to figure that one out. Anyone in the know?

Right, here's the pics taken yesterday (day 11).

BL

post-112-1079750736.jpg

Another........................

post-112-1079750800.jpg