Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

namkha

Kerala

448 posts in this topic

Coming soon to Seedsman, Vu-Du.com and other retailers

Genetics: Traditional South Indian Ganja Cultivar

Type: Pure Landrace

Variety: Highland Ganja Sativa

Height: 2 - 5 metres

Harvest Date: late December - mid January

Flowering: 14 - 18 weeks

Characteristics: Potent, energising sativa with great flavour.

A classic Keralan strain from the highland growing regions of the Western Ghats, reputed to produce the finest ganja in South India. Cultivated at altitudes of around 1700m - 2100m these are very narrow leaved strains with heavy side branching and multiple bud sites. Harvested as late as mid January, these buds cure to a deep brown colour and have a tangy minty aroma. The aroma when smoked is heavy, sweet and pungent. The high from this Keralan strain is up and creative, racy and energising, but without an edge of panic. A refined high quality strain with great breeding potential.

Photo is from early flowering in late September.

post-13376-1227771734_thumb.jpg

Edited by namkha
2 people like this

I hope santa will bring me a pack of these!

Do you think this is the same kerala or atleast related to the one used in indian haze?

Edited by Owderb

Way to go Namkha :smoke: got to agree that Keralan weed is some of the best enervating weed I've ever smoked. I'm sure this will bring back many happy memories sat on Kovalam beach watching the sun go down :D

3 people like this

beautiful namkha, cant wait to get some of these.

Kerala S.Indian Sativa ,check!

just waiting patiently ...to get some too.

Kerala is the best place I ever went to on my travels, I love the place and the people.

Great coffee, tea and off course the ganja.

The people are so warm and hospitable. I was last there in 1988 so I guess it's changed a bit now...fond memories of biking along through India, I would go back tomorrow.

Peace

taffy

2 people like this

Do you think this is the same kerala or atleast related to the one used in indian haze?

If Indian Haze is the same as Skunkman's Kerala x Original Haze that Seedsman and others have then it is Skunkman's Kerala. I am guessing that that is a Kerala from back in the '70s. I hear it is a really good F1, so I am guessing the Kerala must be damn nice, and Sam is said to know South India very well. A lot has changed since he was there, but there is still amazing ganja grown there

Obviously both Keralas are from broadly the same region, but how diverse the region is I don't know. Growing has been going on there for a long long time, so it seems fair to guess that there is a lot of diversity there. That said, there are likely to be some general similarities dictated by the geography and weather characteristics of the region - Kerala is not such a big place.

I have some pictures of some ganja from their I will put up later.

1 person likes this

If Indian Haze is the same as Skunkman's Kerala x Original Haze that Seedsman and others have then it is Skunkman's Kerala. I am guessing that that is a Kerala from back in the '70s. I hear it is a really good F1, so I am guessing the Kerala must be damn nice, and Sam is said to know South India very well. A lot has changed since he was there, but there is still amazing ganja grown there

Obviously both Keralas are from broadly the same region, but how diverse the region is I don't know. Growing has been going on there for a long long time, so it seems fair to guess that there is a lot of diversity there. That said, there are likely to be some general similarities dictated by the geography and weather characteristics of the region - Kerala is not such a big place.

I have some pictures of some ganja from their I will put up later.

i was in tamil nadu for a few years before 2000, and the description of the kerala that is offered, sounds exactly like most, if not all, the s.indian ganga that i came in contact with during my time in s.india. minty smell, long thin buds, super potent, even after being dried to a crisp, mashed up, and stored for who knows how long. i cant wait to grow these out, should be interesting. hope to see them pics, i should be growing some of the kerala out in the next 6 months or so, i will post the grow, allong with the malana.

later

peace

I was living at kovalam beach for a couple of months, back in 1999....gotta love the place. Warm people, and nice beaches and ganja :)

1 person likes this

very nice thread and grow a and a great pic of this wonderfull plant!!

glad to hear people will have the chance also to grow this beauty! sam brought the thrid strain to cali to make pure haze a 3 way cross, wonder if it was this strain?

looking forward to see your grow rabbit.

Edited by redbeard

hey redbeard, i cant wait to grow them, i might even bump them up in my to grow list. i bet allot of the sindians are pretty similar, from the pic, you could probably see the resemblance between that monster and a haze plant. i loved your outdoor haze thread at the old site redbeard, those purples were amazing looking.

later

peace

Hey Rabbit - can't wait to see your grows of the Kerala and Malana - there is a free pack of a compact Nepalese charas sativa in it for you if you follow it through to the end, all best, Namkha :yep:

thank you for the offer namka, i will definitely post my grows here when i get to them, but i'm affraid that i wont be able to get to them for several months, since i have a good 6weeks left on my apple pie, then i have some la confidential, hindu kush, and lebanese hashplant s1 for next run, which should all be done 13 or 14 weeks from now, but i will be starting some malana with some swazi redbeard in about 10 weeks, for the run after next, so if the offer still stands at that time, i would be glad to take you up on it, but i probably wont be able to get to the compact nepali until after the kerala and malawi gold run, that i will be doing after the malana and swazi, :badass:, i got allot going. that compact nepali sounds great though, from the description it sounds like it could make some great breeding material, really wish i could help you out on this one, i might end up ordering that nepali some day anyway, :P.

peace

man I'm so jealous... :sadwalk:

I got to grow some swazi in the santa cruz mountains in california. Simply the best I have ever encountered! Completely resin covered, so very sweet smelling and the high simply took my breath away....

Maybe someday again... :yes:

Edited by Randalizer

sounds dank randalizer, glad to hear it, i'll be growing these indoors, so i'm sure it won't be as good as the buds grown in sc, but out of 20 beans i should find something pretty decent to work with. i would ask you about their characteristics, like stretch, but there is probably a pretty slim chance that its the same swazi redbeard, could be though, would you say that the redbeard you know stretched allot compared to other tropical sativas? any info would help, since i'm unfamiliar with them so far, and want to know what to expect for indoor growing.

thanks

peace