Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest podgy

BBQ

156 posts in this topic

@ Hip :woot::D glad you like mang :yes:

Thanks guys... It's always been a hit at my house... The older I get the more I apreciate turkey day It's the least commercial holiday we have over here... Yah you go buy food.. (not always for yourself though... I have spent several thanksgivings frying turkeys to feed the homeless/needy/elderly shut-ins over the past few years) You don't wanna do a bunch of'em like that though by the end of the day you smell like you've been used to clean the floors at a fast food restaurant...

The grease from that sausage penetrates that bird (even the legs and wings) and gives it a very tasty flavour :yes:

Edited by podgy

Bloody hell..

Simpsons24-homerpanting.gif

Damn right man.

I think we should get Podgy flown over for christmas and let him cater a uk420 shindig!

Bloody hell..

Simpsons24-homerpanting.gif

Damn right man.

I think we should get Podgy flown over for christmas and let him cater a uk420 shindig!

:band: I'm game !!!

How's your Thanksgiving holiday going?

How's your Thanksgiving holiday going?

It went really well Vato thanks for asking :yep: ... My niece came up she's 2, so whatching her is like seeing a dry sponge soak up knowledge... she's jsut starting to link words together and communicate verbally...She still does the baby sign language when she speaks... Fooking amazing stuff really... Almost cute enough to make me want one of my own... ALMOST!!!! :( maybe one after I find the right Mrs. Podgy :(

Depending on how tomorrow goes I plan on shopping for some ribs!!! and will be cooking up some of those for the upcoming installment, as I plan to be VERY hungry come Wednesday... They won't be ready by tommorrow night, or I should say up to the BBQ standards that I like... :spliff: Patience podgy... Patience... Dunno if I've mentioned this yet, but by the summer time I hope to have a BBQ pit build up in here too :yahoo: Then we'll get to cooking whole pigs!!!

THis is why I was taking my time on these ribs... See pic: they are the only kind I can find... Not a big fan of the "tagged and bagged", but I guess it's a sign of the times... And uh yah I bought Beef and Pork :rofl: Cuzz that's how we do ... :nuke: In the second pic they are soaking once again in coke and rootbeer (I was thinking that a good sicy ginger beer wouldn't be a comparable substitionon flavour, but would make for something different and equally good)... I will head home round noon to put on the dry rub then I'm off to the Hydro sotre to buy some new toys and nutes :yep: It's my x-mas to me present...

post-24163-1228319412_thumb.jpg

post-24163-1228319428_thumb.jpg

I still haven't done anything with those ribs but let them soak... :wink: got waaayy too stoned to be playing with fire last night :rofl: Went to a movie instead and woke up at the end of it... :yep::yes::rofl:

It'll be better tonight :( tha ribs will be cooking away... Because of the grill I've got I'm only gonna be able to finish the ribs on it... I believe that cooking ribs at a constant temp of 250F is critical so the first 4 hours will be in the oven (wraped in foil, with a steam tray)... and then back in my egg shaped grill for another two hours... for that good smokey flavor...

I seem to have misplaced my camera... all I can say though is the method I just cooked these ribs with will become my new method :D I was extremly opposed to this cuase of the lack of fire init, but there is now way you can cook'em like this over a natural flame (short of a gas stove).... They were phnominal!!! I'm not kidding around here either

1. after soaking add the dry rub (big shocker here bit of sea salt,then garlic powder, then Cheyene Pepper, then Paprika,then fresh cracked pepper)and let stand for an hour..

2. Wrap in foil twising up ends (as these cook they will get juciy and you want to keep as much moisture in as possible, some will escape just aslong as most stays it's all good)

3. Set oven for 250F get two cookey trays out one slightly smaller than the other... Fill the larger one with water (not to the top that other tray is gonna sit in this one) Then place the foil wraped ribs on smaller tray and place it in the oven in the larger tray...

2.5 hours later get the grill fired up and the temp at 250F

@ 3 hours pull the ribs out of the oven and cover with prefered BBQ suauce (southern would be that base from the first installment mixed with two cups of brown sugar, and a a cup of honey... cup should = 8 counces but you can shoot from the hip on a 2:1 ratio to get the consistency you like)

4. carefully handle the ribs from this point forward the will litterally fall off the bone ... I grilled mine for anothe 45 mins to add a smokey flavor and bam !!! rib heaven!!!! I lol you not!!!! :rofl:

Unfortunately I misplaced my camera :D things are a bit foggy as too it's wherabouts :wink: So pics tomorrow, and I promise you won't be disappointed if you give this formula for cooking ribs a go!!!! :yes:

I'll let the pics do most of the talking but I will say I was fooled by the end results as to which ribs would be better... I was disapointed with the beef ribs I don't think they were over cooked that's just how they ended up but they were fork tender... Anyway I will be buying these tyson pork ribs again they were truely the under dog canidate for brands to use in my book, but I was proved wrong!!!

post-24163-1228578665_thumb.jpg

post-24163-1228578685_thumb.jpg

Then another 45min- an hour on the grill covered in your favorite BBQ sauce!!! yahh!!!!

post-24163-1228578779_thumb.jpg

post-24163-1228578795_thumb.jpg

That bone comes clean off everytime :smoke: ...

post-24163-1228578912_thumb.jpg

post-24163-1228578926_thumb.jpg

post-22437-1228621173.jpg

Can I come over for dinner sometime? lol.

I have been using a dry rub for a little over a year now and thought is pretty good on Steak especially. I use a blend of Salt, Pepper, paprika, cumin, mustard powder, garlic powder and dry oregano. I have never heard of the layering method you talk of but I am going to give it a try.

you best NOT invite buddy without inviting me...you hear that..

really podgy this has got to stop my friend. do you raelise how close i am to jum,pin on a plane and comin to ya for a visit!! :blub: