Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Nu Jerzey Devil

Compost problem

26 posts in this topic

I have a massive pile of west + adv that I deemed useless. As I had major problems with my plants taking to west +.

I have over 300lt of it. The plants had started to show deficiencies like fe,S,Mg and maybe N abit too. As I think there is something wrong with the PH.

What I would like to know is how I could turn this soil good? I had added about 500gram of seer rockdust to it when I potted up and 100gm of Bat guano spread across the 300+ lt. When I tried to fix the plants I added Epsom salts at the recommended dose on another thread. I started using Advanced Organics nutes/ Root Stimulator.

Any advice would be more than welcomed :unsure:

ive seen cannazyme used in hydro to digest the roots and reuse the solutions as nutrients would this work with the compost?

Edited by agito

I have a massive pile of west + adv that I deemed useless. As I had major problems with my plants taking to west +.

I have over 300lt of it. The plants had started to show deficiencies like fe,S,Mg and maybe N abit too. As I think there is something wrong with the PH.

What I would like to know is how I could turn this soil good? I had added about 500gram of seer rockdust to it when I potted up and 100gm of Bat guano spread across the 300+ lt. When I tried to fix the plants I added Epsom salts at the recommended dose on another thread. I started using Advanced Organics nutes/ Root Stimulator.

Any advice would be more than welcomed :spliff:

i think you adding to much s**t to it might be a slight lock out in the first place what your doing could make the problem worse

Any advice would be more than welcomed :spliff:

i think you adding to much s**t to it might be a slight lock out in the first place what your doing could make the problem worse

The rockdust was taken from other people using west +. I have nearly always added a small amount per pot of Guano for taste and feed guano tea when at start of flowering and never had a problem. I do agree with you as I used to add nothing but water to compsot and got amazing results.

I added the rockdust as my plants lacked vigour, they where vegged from rooted clone for 7 weeks and never reached 25cm tall in west + with just water added.

I had also done 2 crops and the weed was a joke total crap, So this is why I started to add things to it as it seemed as tho there was no nutes in it.

but i suppose it may have been to nute heavy to start with. I really do not know so any advice is good cheerz

Edited by nu jerzey devil

the stuff you added before doesnt matter as you now changed the playing field. only start adding extra's to fine tune the set up as you add more it gets more compicated to find the problem. Could be the ph could be to rich to begin with so adding extra fert may make the problem worse or more complicated or locking out further elements further

the stuff you added before doesnt matter as you now changed the playing field. only start adding extra's to fine tune the set up as you add more it gets more compicated to find the problem. Could be the ph could be to rich to begin with so adding extra fert may make the problem worse or more complicated or locking out further elements further

Yeah I know think you may very well be right.

So would the best Idea be to leach the soil? So that it could be used again?

Cheerz Agito :spliff:

Where can you buy Trichoderma Harzianum? anyone

Cheerz for the help m8.

I actually use guano for taste as I took the Idea from soma years ago. It makes the weed taste so much better as I grew half a crop with it and half a crop with out it and I was asked to keep using it. but if you use to much it can taste rank :smug: like you wouldnt believe very sour :spliff:

have to give it a try

even if you just do one plant it is worth it. For a change

I use 23.5g per 20lt of water for the tea. I mix the guano in boiling water then add it too the 20lt.

But if you google soma recipies it takes you to his site and you can see exactly what he does :)

oops soma grow and google it lol

OT1 do you just add Trichoderma Harzianum or do you use something else?

I use plant magic essential to inoculate the plants at first and second potting on. Its a complex spoor granule that contains both beneficial bacteria and fungi.

As far as your problem with west + advanced, you may have a bad batch, I've tried it and not thought much of it, but thats just my personal opinion, the plants in it flowered between 10 and 12 weeks with no problems or deficiencies apart from the fact that the pure sats went to tall, a friend has had the same problem.

Your problem sounds like either root disease or an inadequately formed root system. It is possible that the bat crap introduced a pathogenic fungus, its been reported in the past as a possible vector.

Thank You OT1.

I think the problem with the bad roots is due to me also using west+ advanced for Cuttings. which I think has been my biggest downfall.

As if you dont have a good start you wont have as good a finnish. I have been told it was too nute heavy for cuttings.

So I had repotted these cuttings in there flowering pots and 1 week later I take them out of that West +.

I now have loads West+ that has no roots in it. But had been watered with epsom salts and 1ml per lt of ionic grow (only one watering with ionic) and has bat crap I added to the soil.

Do you think I should save myself some hassle and bin it? or Flush it and reuse it?

By the way thanks for the advice on reusing OK compost, I will try this myself as it would be of benefit to me. :yinyang:

Sorry but I do not see a problem with useing any multipurpose compost for either seeds or cuttings, but it does need to be done right.

The growing needs to be done right, the problem with most beginners is they are not gardeners, so cuttings need to have time to make rootmass, they need a wet dry cycle, most people water to frequently.

Second, potting on, moving plants through several increasing sized pots builds up rootmass.

There is a lot of info here about potting on and wet/dry cycles, look for and read them.

I would keep the compost and try again. If you pot on every time a plant has developed a good root ball, no feed of any sort is needed until they are well rooted out in their final pots, just water the compost has every thing they need until then.

The root system has to have time to develop, feeding before is like trying to feed a nursing baby with a steak dinner, even ground up it would make it sick, plants are the same.

I hope this helps. Ot1.

1 person likes this

Yeah I have also been bottoming out the watering. As it is done on a rota and there were points that the plants had been watered very 2days regardless if they had needed it.

Then when I went to water I was hardly doing any as they never needed it. but I think I have now got that sorted. As they are only getting watered when the compost is dry. I will now go and look at these just for other peoples in sight into it. maybe it will give me some help for the rota.

I never feed plants untill 2-3 week of flower. then I just do teas. but as I was having probs with West+ with previous crops this is why I added stuff to it as I thot it was deficient. But I was obviously wrong.

Up till now I have disgarded countless tonnes of soil. I stopped growing 2 year back and I had always used Levingtons General purpose Compost. But now it is diffrent. I got some and had one bag left over from 2 year ago and I ran them side by side and the new stuff was no where near as good.

So in coming back to growing I had been forced to use west+ as the levingtons ran out.

But a new store has opened where I can get other makes now this is why I have done more than one bad crop in west+. if I didnt get this sorted soon I was going to call it a day.

So you have most probably kept me going THANKS

NJD :sadwalk:

Be certain to research UK420 for every post by OT1. Read all of these and you will have phat buds. :sadwalk: