Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mrmom

whats for tea tonight?

7,389 posts in this topic

Did my own char sui pork! Way easier than I'd thought... No pics though... Still, it was awesome, so it won't be long until I make it again and there shall be pics then!

:v:

3 people like this

Nice one man, I love char sui but never attempted making it myself.

1 person likes this

chicken naga and a garlic and coriander naan

2 people like this

Get them pics up @Slugums. btw sui is pork.

1 person likes this

Moussaka 

large.IMG_0440.jpglarge.IMG_0442.jpg

7 people like this

Standard weekend roast (I generally do a roast on Saturday or Sunday, depending what day Liverpool are playing lol cos my footy watching day is my drinking and having a roast dinner day lol ). Roast leg of lamb with garlic & rosemary, dauphinoise potatoes, broccoli & green beans. And cider. And a few spilffs (and having a few spliffs means I'll drink much less cider :) ).

Have a good weekend everyone :eat::beer::skin_up::D

5 people like this

As it is getting autumnal my mind moves towards warming one pot dishes.

Beef shin Casserole with Dumplings. Horseradish creamy mash on the side. Slow cooked for 3 hours, this hearty dish has the addition of button Chestnut mushrooms. A rich red Reserva Rioja to accompany. Joints by the burner. Tunes.

7 people like this

I've had a Tartiflette pie, which is gammon, potato, cheese and parsley in a roasted garlic and parsley sauce...they sell them in the village shop, bloody lovely they are...might have something else later.....:yep:

5 people like this

That sounds really nice man :)

Never heard of it before but that sounds well nice.

3 people like this

Today its fidget pie ( pork , apple, potato, herbs and spices) with some spinach and mushy peas.

large_pie.jpg

large.5b9d55130f2f2_fidgetpie.jpg                                            

5 people like this

2 hours ago, Boojum said:

That sounds really nice man :)

Never heard of it before but that sounds well nice.

I'd never heard of it before either, but a proper Tartiflette, not in pie form, is a French dish very similar to Daupinoise spuds, so it would be right up your street I'd imagine Booj. :yep:

2 people like this

Played golf in the pouring rain so need some comfort food

Lincolnshire Pork Toad in the hole. Curly Kale and a red onion gravy.

3 people like this

Getting to really feel like autumn now, so it`s a roast chicken dinner tonight, spuds and chicken from the shop, everything else from the garden, including a huge cabbage I just cropped and threw about a quarter away due the slugs and would you believe worms! lol tbh, it was looking a bit damaged for a while so should have cropped sooner. Any way, the rest are looking intact so it`s lots of cabbage for me now lol

sweet potato should be ready any day now too :wassnnme:

4 people like this

Autumn is stew time :)

Stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :yahoo:

Perhaps with some pickled red cabbage :)

lol I'm not having stoooooo, I'm way too drunk to cook, leftovers from yesterday's roast all the way for me (now that I've gone and vomited the bile, cider and stomach acid out lol fucking drinking binge wankery :rolleyes: )

But autumn is the time for stoooooooooooooooooooooo, I'll make one sometime in the week :) Once I recover from this weekend's stupidity.

Stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

lol

Sorry, I'm a wee bit squiffy lol

But I do love stew :)

2 people like this

@Boojum cheers :cheers:  to autumn!!  Had steak slice for dinner and lots of rum and a :bong:.

1 person likes this