Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Tight Lines

Probably the most laid back, chilled out fishing club on the net

462 topics in this forum

• 2 replies
    • 14 replies
    • 31 replies
    • 65 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 115 replies
    • 2 replies
    • 20 replies
    • 7 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 4 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 0 replies
    • 81 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 11 replies
    • 81 replies
    • 17 replies
    • 6 replies
    • 12 replies
    • 18 replies
    • 11 replies

• delagdo
      Hello! The plants are growing nicely. Here they were on day 5:
      The compost plants are the larger ones on the left. They only look so dry as they'd just been topped up with a bit of coco, they were moist underneath.
      The coco plants were not given any food until day 4 besides the seaweed-based root stim, which is why they are smaller.  Eventually I gave them food and they have started to grow. Hopefully they will just be delayed a couple of days and not more permanently affected by the slow start.
      The coco plants were watered on days 4 and 7,  EC 0.8 (base 0.4). The compost plants were watered on days 5 and 8. Here's a pic from earlier today, day 9:
      I've been moving them from the tent to the windowsill each day, but I'll stop that soon and leave them in the tent permanently. The environment in the tent seems really nice with the new humidifier. I have been trying different settings, and I like the tent set up like this:
      The humidifier puffs out a vapour cloud, not directly at the plants though some of it drifts across. The black USB fan (top left) blows the cloud down and around, circulating the wet air around the bottom of the tent. I am keeping it with the mist level set at 2/3, and without heating the vapour, and my extraction on at 55%. The sensors measure around 24-26°C with humidity of 50-60% where they are placed (in front of the plants, shaded by the shoe box lid). Using heat level 1/3 makes the temperature more like 25-28°C, 50-60% RH.   This is much better than last grow where temperature was 25°C and the meter stopped measuring humidity because it was too low.
      I had blasted the vapour directly out at the plants for the first few days, they seemed to like it, but I wasn't sure if it was too much. I was still getting similar readings on the sensors but there was obviously a lot more water in the air directly around the plants:
      I plan to pot them up soon in to their final air pots. There are already lots of roots developed in both the coco and compost seedlings so it will happen in the next few days.
      On top of the tent, Ganesha is our lucky mascot:
    • vince noir rock n roll star
      but still more than most .....   what a recovery ..he shoots he scores 
    • The Sheriff of Nottingham
      Check out this serpent...         Also been having a lot of issues with Hornets this year...       And now onto the Quick Critical, which is roughly in week 4 of flower...     I can't get any shots of the main coala and the top of the plant, as she is about 9 feet tall now. If she was germed in late April, instead of late June, I can see this plant being a 15 footer. Easy.    Hard to say how long she has left to go.. would you say about 2 more weeks? @Dinafem-Mark     I also have another problem... we have a massive storm rolling in tonight, with winds of 50-60mph forecast. Our record wind speed for September is 48mph, so tonight may be a record breaker for wind speed. We're going to get at least 50mph, which is quite concerning. When you consider that 25mph was enough to snap the Quick Kush back in August, then I definitely have reason for concern. Especially if it does reach 60mph winds, with 55mph forecast for 1-2am according to BBC weather.   Fingers crossed it survives, but I am worried for her. On my recent visit, I attempted to stabilise the plant better by tying it to support stakes, and using string to anchor it down. I'm not convinced this will hold though, as the plant was still blowing like crazy, all over the shop, and the wind was only around 20mph at that time. Can't imagine what 50-60mph would do to it! I have already lost one side branch and the worst is still to come. It's getting very windy here now, around 30mph. The rain is starting to fall too. All the chillies and potted plants have come inside. Here we go.     Wish me luck... and I will see you on the other side. 
    • vince noir rock n roll star
      its also a reference to some very oily sex thing that people do ..tis amazing what ive learnt .