Butane Honey Oil

grobag

anyone doin this in uk

Did it the other day and, because I find it hard to bend in the middle of my body, I thought I'd do it on the table by the kitchen door, :nope: BIG no-no :dev:

Did the whole number and poured it into the dish and, while I was waiting for the Butane to evapourate, I put the kettle on (leccy kettle which is on the table) as I switched it on it sparked the vapour and a sheet of flame, a)set the kitchen alight, b)burned the frame by a window, c)shot up the wall and d)across the ceiling. While doing all this it also singed my eyebrows and stripped the skin off my nose - luckily I was stoned when it happend otherwise I couldn't have put it out.

What I learnt from this is to be more respectful of fire, to put the dish on a table outside to evap and have a cup of tea before I make BHO :oldtoker:

• Like 1

anyone doin this in uk

Did it the other day and, because I find it hard to bend in the middle of my body, I thought I'd do it on the table by the kitchen door, :nope: BIG no-no :dev:

Did the whole number and poured it into the dish and, while I was waiting for the Butane to evapourate, I put the kettle on (leccy kettle which is on the table) as I switched it on it sparked the vapour and a sheet of flame, a)set the kitchen alight, b)burned the frame by a window, c)shot up the wall and d)across the ceiling. While doing all this it also singed my eyebrows and stripped the skin off my nose - luckily I was stoned when it happend otherwise I couldn't have put it out.

What I learnt from this is to be more respectful of fire, to put the dish on a table outside to evap and have a cup of tea before I make BHO :oldtoker:

glad your okay BB , a lucky escape .

@iceman - be careful and take precautions if you do this .

GO OUTSIDE

DONT SMOKE or use elecric switches near the evaporating bute

But do try it - BHO is f..in strong and uses up 'waste' that otherwise you'd have to bin or compost

Good post mate, thanks. I love making BHO but mostly use a good length of 3/4" copper pipe capped at one end with a 3mm hole for the gas, push the trim into the pipe and secure a coffee filter on the open end of pipe with a couple of elastic bands. You will freeze burn your hands onto the pipe if you don't wear gloves or wrap an old towel around it when adding butane and I think it goes without saying DO IT OUTSIDE unless you like skin grafts.

My mates say I'm like McGyver as I can make bubble anywhere, I carry a 3mm tile drill bit in my wallet and have a DeWalt cordless drill in my car boot.. used an H2O2 glass bottle the other week, rinsing some 'gold' out of trim and sugar leaf destined for the bin (some people just haven't got a clue). A quick visit to corner shop for 3 gas bottles and an hour later, we were completely fucked. Hippy Crack lol

ETA: Use a Pyrex or microwave safe bowl to collect the liquid gas as china/glass/porcelain can crack or shatter.

Also I wouldn't recommend using heat to speed up evaporation as it degrades the THC.. Just be patient as evaporating at room temperature will give you a better quality product. IMHO

Edited by SaddamHussain
  • Like 1

Also, I find BHO and ISO far too messy and precious to be used efficiently in joints. I spread a small amount (tiny tiny bit) onto a copper gauze using a new razor blade, place the gauze in my Erbo pipe and burn it with a mini blow torch.. annihilating! I've been offered £40 a gram for my product but wouldn't dream of selling ANY! If you want BHO/ISO.. either start growing yourself or find some idiot who throws away their trim.

Edited by SaddamHussain
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

either start growing yourself or find some idiot who throws away their trim.

I have a friend who collects trim destined for the compost heap and who then makes bubble out of it. I get his sloppy seconds and get to BHO it. The result is lots of free medicine :stoned:

It saddens me knowing how much trim is discarded from large ops :(

Edited by trex

• 5 months later...
:rockon: Great thread i must say,fekin sweet that nowt gets wasted. apart from your good selfs.

Just needing to know if you can use frozen waste material,or do i have to defrost 1st? I gave it a go with frozen leaf already,good results,but no very much return. Would defrosting it give me better return?

Keep the dream alive. :thumsup:

It should be bone-dry for best return.

Tho' if you do a first run with it frozen then just the exposed resin trichomes will get disolved in the gas. You may get a higher quality oil with different stone characteristics.

Then dry out thouroughally and do another run.

Tho' this will use more gas.

Edited by thehatemachine

Thanks for that hatemahine. Will dry it out and give it a whirl.

:sly:

G13 Haze as well,its reeking hee hee. ot to be done at night so my neighbours dont smell it. :smokin:

Will let you know how it goes.

• 3 weeks later...

Well,i eventually got round to zapping it again bone dry. :clapping:

Only problem this time was the gas. I got a sweet return, but i used camping stove gas.Fekin stinking it is. :yuck: It obviously has the rotten egg stink added,cause it much worse than the lighter gas.

Never realy got rid of the smell,even after freezing and defrosting a few times. :stoned: Still got me baked though. :wink:

Have to wait till my next crop for more attempts,cant wait.Heres to the next load. :naughty:

Hello lads... just a few questions...

I Bubble bagged a few oz of green and decided to refreeze it and run some butane through it. It seems to have frozen into a hard compacted lump... so what I'm wondering is what's the best way to go about breaking that up to get it into the the Bubblebee extractor tube? Should I let it defrost till it comes apart a bit easier or jjust break it apark with force and stuff it in there? Also as has been said, when it's frozen it only gets the trich's exposed to the oil, so on the outside, it this correct?

Anoter question is does applying heat to speed up the butane evaperation really degrade the THC? Is it really a problem, it's just it takes a long time otherwise?

Finally wanted to ask, is it really better to spray the butane into a dish of water and collect off the top? Is there any downsides to this because as we all know, it's a cunt to scrape off the dish and a lot even gets wasted so this would save a lot of fucking about? Would the water be warm?

Thanks in advance.

Only problem this time was the gas. I got a sweet return, but i used camping stove gas.Fekin stinking it is. :yuck: It obviously has the rotten egg stink added,cause it much worse than the lighter gas.Never realy got rid of the smell,even after freezing and defrosting a few times.

Rotton Egg Stink :fart:

Get your self to the Pound Shop and buy a few tins of London Gas mate, BHO is too good to have a egg stink to it! :rofl:

:yinyang:

Anoter question is does applying heat to speed up the butane evaperation really degrade the THC? Is it really a problem, it's just it takes a long time otherwise?

Finally wanted to ask, is it really better to spray the butane into a dish of water and collect off the top? Is there any downsides to this because as we all know, it's a cunt to scrape off the dish and a lot even gets wasted so this would save a lot of fucking about? Would the water be warm?

Thanks in advance.

I always put my bowl in a saucepan of WARM water and it'll take a couple of minutes, out of doors of course.

Also I use old stylee razor blades held in some long nosed pliers to scrape the bowl because they're so thin they take on the contours of the bowl.

LSD

post-57539-0-57773500-1317002639_thumb.gif

• Like 1