Butane Honey Oil

grobag

great thread im looking to try it out on monday but ive got a couple of questions regarding the coffee pot. if its glass, does the thickness matter much? will it crack from the cold? and during the process do you need to somehow plug up the spout of the pot or is it sorted to just leave it open?

Fold a tea towel a few times length ways and wrap it around the lid of the pot, covering the spout and protecting your hands :yahoo:

Just be careful and take your time. :spliff:

VRG

Guest berbonberd

woo ive got some nice tasty BHO since my gas came early :(

is it worth running it through a second time cause the trim still looks crystally to me, unless its just frozen haha

Guest berbonberd

also, how can i tell if the gas has been completely purged? i cant scrape it all into a ball so i can freeze it and purge it that way, is there another cause im sure the bomb i just had had a slightly gassy aftertaste

also, how can i tell if the gas has been completely purged? i cant scrape it all into a ball so i can freeze it and purge it that way, is there another cause im sure the bomb i just had had a slightly gassy aftertaste

Dissolve it in isopropyll alcohol. This will drive any remaining traces of butane and stops the THC breaking down in sunlight. It evaporates very quickly and cleanly.

Guest berbonberd

thanks for the input but isnt there a method that doesnt involve buying more equipment?

also whats your thoughts on doing another run on the trim? there was loads of crystals in the coffee filter with the trim

thanks for the input but isnt there a method that doesnt involve buying more equipment?

You can get isopropyll from your local chemist, I don't know of another method. Sorry.

also whats your thoughts on doing another run on the trim? there was loads of crystals in the coffee filter with the trim

Try it, if you don't mind the chance that you may be wasting the butane. Alot depends on how long the bud was in the butane. I can usually tell by smelling the bud whether I've got all the goodies out, it ends up smelling like damp....well, grass.

Guest berbonberd

when you say i can buy the isopropyll at a local chemist do you mean like b88ts or dupersrug?

Edited by berbonberd

Guest berbonberd

ah, help! i did a second run on my trim and things were going well but i spilled some water into the evaporating dish with oil will it be ok? il just need to evaporate the water off right?

Sun Tzu!

Good to see you about again old chap. ;) For those that don't know - Sun Tzu (apart from writing 'The Art of Warfare'!) was the man that came up with the coffee pot method. I got it from him. :D

I'll be about a lot more now, I hope you are to.

berbonberd, the oil with watr in will be milky, look wierd and may turn solid but it will generally still be a nice smoke - if a little harsh.

Sun Tzu!

Good to see you about again old chap. :wink: For those that don't know - Sun Tzu (apart from writing 'The Art of Warfare'!) was the man that came up with the coffee pot method. I got it from him. :(

I'll be about a lot more now, I hope you are to.

berbonberd, the oil with watr in will be milky, look wierd and may turn solid but it will generally still be a nice smoke - if a little harsh.

Good to see you Grobag! I will be about from now on. Cheers for the props, but I'm just happy to see that so many folks are getting decent smoke from their trim now, and that's mainly down to your tute! Also happy that there don't seem to have been many explosions! I'm just starting up again now I've found a nice spot to moor the boat, and looking forward as much to the budder as the bud.

I'm just starting up again now I've found a nice spot to moor the boat, and looking forward as much to the budder as the bud.

Nice. I've just moved, started a new grow and will finally be about a lot more to. Here's to many a good future chat. post-5967-1186235714.gif

So.........Being a man who looks into such things, what do you take 'budder' to be? Air whipped BHO, matured BHO? What does the term mean?

So.........Being a man who looks into such things, what do you take 'budder' to be? Air whipped BHO, matured BHO? What does the term mean?

Good luck with the new grow!

Not that I've looked into it that much yet, but honey oil ice cream seems to be an apt way of looking at it. Not sure what's happening there until I actually try it. I've always just dissolved it in IPO for storage, but the stuff some people have been turning it into with freezing and whipping looks easier to handle. Not sure I'd want to leave it in the freezer for long though. I've a vague concern about ice crystals forming. More research required, I reckon.

honey oil ice cream seems to be an apt way of looking at it. Not sure what's happening there until I actually try it. I've always just dissolved it in IPO for storage, but the stuff some people have been turning it into with freezing and whipping looks easier to handle. Not sure I'd want to leave it in the freezer for long though. I've a vague concern about ice crystals forming. More research required, I reckon.

The freezing is something I always do and have always said on here, just a purge method. In the freezer for 15 mins, back to room temps again then back in the freezer. Repeat 3/4 times, stir it about a bit to release bubbles and everything is purged. Left to it's own devices for a month or two in a wrap and it does go very solid and more hash like. But that's not what everyone seems to quote with 'Budderman' or whatever he is called. He seems to make it and just evporate and whip air into it. Then that's meant to budder that everyone spunks over. Nothing like this method.

That's why it's good to have you about. Of all the discussions I've had about it, you cut straight to the point. :wink: