Butane Honey Oil

grobag

Anoter question is does applying heat to speed up the butane evaperation really degrade the THC? Is it really a problem, it's just it takes a long time otherwise?

Finally wanted to ask, is it really better to spray the butane into a dish of water and collect off the top? Is there any downsides to this because as we all know, it's a cunt to scrape off the dish and a lot even gets wasted so this would save a lot of fucking about? Would the water be warm?

Thanks in advance.

I always put my bowl in a saucepan of WARM water and it'll take a couple of minutes, out of doors of course.

Also I use old stylee razor blades held in some long nosed pliers to scrape the bowl because they're so thin they take on the contours of the bowl.

LSD

Same blades I use, first used a blade out of a stanley which was no were near as good as those.

Only problem this time was the gas. I got a sweet return, but i used camping stove gas.Fekin stinking it is. :yuck: It obviously has the rotten egg stink added,cause it much worse than the lighter gas.

:eek:

Only problem this time was the gas. I got a sweet return, but i used camping stove gas.Fekin stinking it is. :yuck: It obviously has the rotten egg stink added,cause it much worse than the lighter gas.

:eek:

To make people aware of possible leaks camping butane has a distinctive smell added, harvested from the sweat of Wiltshire pig farmers :yes:

LSD

• Like 1

Questions similar to iamafunkimumki,

I'm going to be water hashing an amount soon, and want to butane what's left.

Is there a decent return on pre waterhashed trim and bud? yours in anticipation, Jim :spliff:

Hi dudes, a bit late, but seeing this thread reactivated reminded me to put up my results from a couple of years back.

I BHO after ice hashing routinely now.

Butane wash of used trim

This is from Oct 2007

e2a, my catering supplier always has London gas at £2.23 a can inc vat.

Edited by Organic Jim
  • Like 1

:yinyang:

Questions similar to iamafunkimumki,

I'm going to be water hashing an amount soon, and want to butane what's left.

Is there a decent return on pre waterhashed trim and bud? yours in anticipation, Jim :spliff:

Hi dudes, a bit late, but seeing this thread reactivated reminded me to put up my results from a couple of years back.

I BHO after ice hashing routinely now.

Butane wash of used trim

This is from Oct 2007

e2a, my catering supplier always has London gas at £2.23 a can inc vat.

Tried the pound shop Jim?

Tried the pound shop Jim?

Hi Doc,

We only have a £stretcher here, otherwise I'd be loading up my trolley with it!

Cheers mate

Jim :skin_up:

Edited by Organic Jim

• 4 weeks later...

I made this from some UK Cheese trim I had, I bought an Original Glass extractor which performed brilliantly. I ran two cans of London gas through about an oz of trim. I reckon there was plenty more left in it but all the poundshops were out of London Gas. Its probably been bought up by some other members lol

How do I get this to go hard? Ive been scraping and whipping it about for a good 1.5 hours I reckon!

gallery_52759_2993_274225.jpg

• Like 2

Not all BHO whips up, some stay gooey and sticky, freeze thawing a few times seems to help a bit but some stay goo.

The ones that stay goo the only thing you can do to make them easier to handle is mix in some kif and make a jelly hash.

Edited by groovelick

I made this from some UK Cheese trim I had,

tn_gallery_52759_2993_274225.jpg

tn_gallery_46110_3353_16287.jpg

:notworthy:

I really wasnt difficult dude, with the right tools anyone can do it! The scrapping off the plate was the hardest part, took fooking aaaaages!

Edited by TYS

• 1 month later...
Anoter question is does applying heat to speed up the butane evaperation really degrade the THC? Is it really a problem, it's just it takes a long time otherwise?

Finally wanted to ask, is it really better to spray the butane into a dish of water and collect off the top? Is there any downsides to this because as we all know, it's a cunt to scrape off the dish and a lot even gets wasted so this would save a lot of fucking about? Would the water be warm?

Thanks in advance.

I always put my bowl in a saucepan of WARM water and it'll take a couple of minutes, out of doors of course.

Also I use old stylee razor blades held in some long nosed pliers to scrape the bowl because they're so thin they take on the contours of the bowl.

LSD

I used warm water to evaporate the gas aswell but i lined the pyrex with tin foil, That way you can heat it and make it run there,s also no waste . hope this helps

• 2 months later...

Well well I made a discovery. A thermos-jug cafetiere.

Thermos flask and cafetiere methods combined!

post-62037-0-63036000-1330259980_thumb.jpg

Apologies if it has been seen before but I haven't seen one. This is a cafetiere with a stainless-steel double-walled jug like a thermos:

post-62037-0-41346700-1330259996_thumb.jpg

even the top is double-lined and insulated, meant to keep your coffee warm:

post-62037-0-32116200-1330260026_thumb.gif

it does have a plastic plunger as standard...

post-62037-0-94974600-1330260052_thumb.jpg

but an all-metal bodum plunger fits perfectly so it must be a standard size:

post-62037-0-62596600-1330260078_thumb.jpg

I went to the pound shop and got some of their London butane cans, pound each obv, and went into the Wilkinsons nearby, big chain hardware and home store. They have these insulated 1 litre steel cafetieres at 16 quid each, brand name Style Works.

The plastic plunger is a drawback I guess but standard metal ones fit, as explained. The spout is plastic too but the butane doesn't see that for very long so I guess it is ok, maybe line it with a bit of foil. Anyhow there you go fwiw, thermos flask and cafetiere method combined. I am doing a trim in a few days and making some bho, so will try to remember to let you know how the wonder jug works.

Edited by Ishmael
  • Like 3

Hi La Viva,

What is 'shatter glass'? it looks amazing, and as I'm getting ready to do a BHO run, I'm keen to know more!

Any tips for me mate?

I usually use the cafetiere method.

Thanks

OhJim