Butane Honey Oil

grobag

Go buy any can of lighter fluid.

In the lid there's 6 connectors that you pop out.

I take the biggest one and push it down, it wedges in about half way down, to get it out i have to bash at it though but that's ok.

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome method! Once you start doing it you actually realise how easy it is once you have the right equipment. Didn't get that much from the trim I used, maybe should have let it soak in the Butane for longer. But atleast I got some from it, and it tastes awesome... no flavour is removed in the process

although its a fucking bitch to use this stuff, i put some on the inside of a skin the first time around and it all got so sticky and messy i couldnt shape the spliff... ended out v baggy haha was a mess! still tho its nice stuff :rofl:

post-32338-1243696508_thumb.jpg

post-32338-1243696517_thumb.jpg

for those that think the scraping is a chore (and lets face it, thats almost everyone!) i have seen a video on youtube where the fella poured the butane from the pyrex dish he had extracted on to, in to another pyrex dish filled with water so that he could just skim together all the oil floating on the top with a plastic card.

note: i have never made oil before (though i intend to soon. :spliff: ) so i have no knowledege of wether this method affects the quality/taste/shelf-life, just thought id share cause it looked so much easier than scraping of the pyrex itself

• 1 month later...

cheers grobag,

i have a scrog coming to a finish in the next few days, definately going to save my bubbled buds for oil. never tried it before, thanks for the info!

• 1 month later...

Quick question:

made 2o lots. 1 came out really runny, whereas the other gelled nicely over the period of a week or so. Any advice/tips on how ot solidify it a bit, for convenience sake?

Laz1.0

• 6 months later...

Grobag you just got me utterly spannered, gave up booze after NYE bender and this is defo the most spannered I've been for a long long time.

Little tip, don't smoke 1 think it did fuck all and make another spliff straight away smoke that and then realise you're world has gone wrong.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Grobag you just got me utterly spannered, gave up booze after NYE bender and this is defo the most spannered I've been for a long long time.

Little tip, don't smoke 1 think it did fuck all and make another spliff straight away smoke that and then realise you're world has gone wrong.

Well 10 days later and I can't remember a bloody thing from the last 10 days apart from getting a bollocking for posting pictures of rather large non percy grows I found from the states.

Made the last spliff now, not bad 10 days heavy smoking for a bit of trim I was going to bin.

I like oil makes so much less mess than hash, unfortunately it does destroy your will to live but you're so stoned you can't do anything about it anyway.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

awesome looking pics in this lil topic. Congrats to all!!

I have a quick question, I'm pretty sure its ok to do, but just want to check that butane extraction is OK to be done on old moldy trim??

Never got round to throwing the trim through the Bubble Bags. wanna get it used up now.

looking forward to replies!!

• 1 month later...

great thread 2 questions if i may please?

1. how much gas do you use to start with? (i have 2 300ml cans)

2. can you cook with the oil once it has been processed like you do with canna butter?

many thanks RCT

• 3 months later...
great thread 2 questions if i may please?

1. how much gas do you use to start with? (i have 2 300ml cans)

2. can you cook with the oil once it has been processed like you do with canna butter?

many thanks RCT

1. How much trim do you have?

2. Hmm not sure about that, it will need mixing well if you do as the stuff is very sticky.

-2Hi

i butane straight into a dish with hot water in ..it helps evap the gas off quicker and its easier to collect up the gooey goodness without it sticking too much to the sides of the bowl