Butane Honey Oil

grobag

Hotknives, use to be with a glass milk bottle that had the bottom removed.Set light to a plastic handled knife once when trying to do hotknives in the grill of a flat top electric cooker!Luckily had a glass of water to hand .. :wink:

:band: plastic

bone handle knives are the way to go :toot:

oh well

edit* come to think of it i did that myself once with platic handles and the knife fell into the gas element...

worst thing is when your too drunk and the red hot knives flick up and spot ya in the face... had some nasty burns from that heh

Edited by menaceclique
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

wow. you must have the patience of a saint is all i can say. i've been dabbling with the idea of making some bho from aronud a kilo of trim thats a bit crappy for bubbling. i did a little test with 1 can of gas and a small coffee pot to get the idea and went and got myself 3 cans of newport to have another go. its a real ball acher collecting it all up with the blade as most gathered on the curved sides of my pyrex lid. the end product is fine but the process is a killer. a few questions for you grobag.

1. what sort of yield does bho produce relative to bubbling? obviously losing the cell walls when oiling will lessen the weight but how much gram for gram does bho produce? obviously this figure will vary but in your opinion what is a reasonable ratio to expect?

2. apart from ipa is there another method of collecting it into a blob?

i thought about doing all the trim i have and keep evaporating in the same dish without removing the oil so i only have to scrape it up once. is that a bad idea?

3. when you say a plastic rap, what kind of plastic hard like a pop bottle or soft like a bag?

4. how may times is it practical to oil the same material?

cheers pal :toot:

Edited by iamafunkimunki
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Questions similar to iamafunkimumki,

I'm going to be water hashing an amount soon, and want to butane what's left.

Is there a decent return on pre waterhashed trim and bud? yours in anticipation, Jim :spliff:

easy way to make easy oil is just to polinate the weed into submission and just fill your pipe with that. Big advantage: Time and money (you use up to 10 times less gas to produce the oil). Main disadvantage: Because you do not use the whole plant or bud in the extraction the quality is a bit different than from weed. I say different, not worse. You lack some of the flavours that you do get when using trim and buds.

If you are going to use bubblebags, the trim is no use because it is wet. Use the ice to make oil. :yep:

:rofl:

Can you be a little clearer by any chance, I can`t quite understand what you mean.

Burns B)

easy way to make easy oil is just to polinate the weed into submission and just fill your pipe with that. Big advantage: Time and money (you use up to 10 times less gas to produce the oil). Main disadvantage: Because you do not use the whole plant or bud in the extraction the quality is a bit different than from weed. I say different, not worse. You lack some of the flavours that you do get when using trim and buds.

If you are going to use bubblebags, the trim is no use because it is wet. Use the ice to make oil. :yep:

Alright Wazzup mate, I went through your thread in Dutch on your forum on making BHO. Nice results. I think however that maybe part of the reason that your quality was lower was not necessarily to do with your grinding the weed but rather the combination with the material filter you use. I think you'd get better results going through a finer filter again before the evaporation dish. Just a thought, then you could still use the quantities you want. :rofl:

I just started another thread explaining the pros and cons of preparing trim before processing and it ties into this. Here's the Link to the thread.

Also, you can butane wash trim after bubbling, you just dry it out again first, that is what this thread shows - the first picture is of the trim drying after being bubbled. :rofl:

Also check out the link in my sig - I you'll like some of the results and I explain my methods and reasons for them.

Happy hashing mate and good luck with the breeding.

;)

Edited by grobag

• 3 months later...

Thanks Grobag :smug: I wouldn't have tried this if it hadnt been for your easy insruction and piccies :yinyang:

The end result..... wowee! :smug: If I could describe it, it would be a velvety chocolate hit :rofl: Nothing like I've ever experienced before...saving it for weekends :rofl:

Ms Powerband :wink:

• 1 month later...

hi and thanks very much, for this

easy to follow guide grobag mate.!! :smoke:

gave it a go today and apart from a big ass

fuck up on my part, i think it went well.

while pouring the liquid from the coffee pot thru the filter

i managed to spill some of the trim out and into

the e-vap' dish!! :yep: tried to pic most ofit back out but not

all of it..

it came out quite dark and you can see a few bits init,

but i will do this again, and hope to get some better results..

post-14280-1206130030_thumb.jpg..

any idea why its so dark?? i know its a bit of a crap photo.

i thought it would be lighter in colour..

also what do u do with the left over trim??

once again thanks for the gr8 input..

s.b :cheers:

Edited by SmOkEkYbOrG

well im back, and i've given it another go.

and it looks to of turned out well.

better than my 1st go anyway..

just need to find the best way of scraping

it all out of the dish. as thats the hardest part.. :ouch:

im smoking a j of it now... :(:smoke:

it taste nice the after taste is like smoking

the trich's from your grinder. and its very sweet.

its nice licking my lips!! its very rushy too!! :wink:

post-14280-1206284379_thumb.jpgpost-14280-1206284391_thumb.jpg

post-14280-1206284411_thumb.jpgpost-14280-1206284436_thumb.jpg.. sweet sticky goodness.

i cant thank you enough for this guide grobag!!

nice one mate!!

• Like 1

It looks alot lighter in colour than you last batch SmOkEkYbOrG. In my experience the lighter colour oil was stronger than the darker coloured oil.

Looks nice.

with all the people making bho im suprised uk420 isnt the reason for higher gas prices in the uk :yinyang:

theres some damn tasty goods on show there ...as soon as harvest is here im going to give this a go ..top stuff grobag

Hi SmOkEkYbOrG

Have you tried this method

Happy oiling :rofl:

cheers madgiz, sounds interesting..

shame i cant get the right video on utube tho,

so i could see it in action..

nice one. :D

It looks alot lighter in colour than you last batch SmOkEkYbOrG. In my experience the lighter colour oil was stronger than the darker coloured oil.

Looks nice.

thanks mate.

my dark stuff is pretty weak next to my light stuff..

nice tip hardcoretoker.

thanks for the comment.

with all the people making bho im suprised uk420 isnt the reason for higher gas prices in the uk :rofl:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

good luck with your batch vince mate..

s.b :rofl:

• 2 weeks later...

nice thread growbag, gonna try and make some oil tonight.

problem is though, i bubbled some trim the other day and took it out to dry off so i could have a go at this BHO.

whilst drying it started to smell a bit damp, it is dry now and i want to oil it but i would like to know if its safe incase there is any mouldy bits in it!

is it safe to butane oil mouldy trim?

cheers for all your helpfull threads on all things hashy

Guest scarface

i just tried to have a bash at this, its evaporating in the dish at the moment so il let you know the results in abit, hopefully some pics too :spliff: