Butane Honey Oil

grobag

I though all forms of cannabis became class B when it was re-classified. Oil went down & everything else up afair?

Edited by b.wild

• 9 months later...

There's a new brand of butane about, new to me anyhow, called 'WIN'. Better than 'FAIL' I spose. Anyhow it has the Near Zero Impurities sign so I got some and it passes the mirrror test. Fwiw.

• Like 1

Apologies for the noob question, does the trim etc have to be dry for butane extraction or can you do it with fresh green stuff?

Apologies for the noob question, does the trim etc have to be dry for butane extraction or can you do it with fresh green stuff?

The trim should be crispy dry m8, as if it were ready for the jars...

Zion :haveadab:

The trim should be crispy dry m8, as if it were ready for the jars...

Zion :haveadab:

so that's a no then

If you go green make sure you freeze first :yep:

so that's a yes then

can I get a third opinion lol

Graywolf posted about using fresh recently and he reckons that it produced a more flavoursome end product..

If I can find the post, I'll repost here

• Like 2

Lots of different ideas on that subject. I've found fresh frozen bho extraction the most tasty, because it retains more of the lighter terpenes, which have evaporated away with the water by the time the plant is cured.

The monoterpenes are primarily alcohols, ethers, aldehydes, ketones, esters, and carboxylic acids, that have a high vapor pressure and are casting off molecules far below their actual boiling points. That is the reason that they are so pungent and a small amount can stink up whole rooms.

Dry extraction retains some of the sesquiterpenes, but they aren't the pungent floral flavor of cannabis, so a dry extraction vaporized will taste more like the sesquiterpenes or the diterpene cannabinoids. I would describe it as a hashy diterpene taste, with sesquiterpene undertones.

Burned, they all taste somewhat like phenolic plastic, simply because they are a phenol. An exception is THC acetate, which tastes like burning acetate, instead of burning phenolic.

Next tastiest to my taste, is material that has only hung for 5 days to a week, and still has around 25% moisture content. If we extract cold and vacuum purge at -29.5" Hg and 115F, we can produce a shatter or wax that tastes and smells like the material it was extracted from.

Bone dry extractions are some of the prettiest, though usually darker than a fresh extraction and less heady, because it will typically have a lower THC content than fresh frozen, and a higher CBN level.
  • Like 3

Lots of different ideas on that subject. I've found fresh frozen bho extraction the most tasty, because it retains more of the lighter terpenes, which have evaporated away with the water by the time the plant is cured.

The monoterpenes are primarily alcohols, ethers, aldehydes, ketones, esters, and carboxylic acids, that have a high vapor pressure and are casting off molecules far below their actual boiling points. That is the reason that they are so pungent and a small amount can stink up whole rooms.

Dry extraction retains some of the sesquiterpenes, but they aren't the pungent floral flavor of cannabis, so a dry extraction vaporized will taste more like the sesquiterpenes or the diterpene cannabinoids. I would describe it as a hashy diterpene taste, with sesquiterpene undertones.

Burned, they all taste somewhat like phenolic plastic, simply because they are a phenol. An exception is THC acetate, which tastes like burning acetate, instead of burning phenolic.

Next tastiest to my taste, is material that has only hung for 5 days to a week, and still has around 25% moisture content. If we extract cold and vacuum purge at -29.5" Hg and 115F, we can produce a shatter or wax that tastes and smells like the material it was extracted from.

Bone dry extractions are some of the prettiest, though usually darker than a fresh extraction and less heady, because it will typically have a lower THC content than fresh frozen, and a higher CBN level.

cheers

• 2 months later...

Yes, but not through a tube extractor, only if you soak the stuff. Try thermos method.

Both links in my sig are about extraction from fresh.

Edited by jump

• 2 weeks later...