Butane Honey Oil

grobag

I always give my leaves a bath in butane, when I 1st found out about BHO I thought I'd give it a try, out came my bigbud x white widow leaves I had for a while that I nearly forgot about, I couldn't think of anything good to use, I had nothing else to smoke so I was a bit desperate lol, a few days before I brought some lighter fuel as I was running out, after a few minutes of finger tapping I came up with an idea ( only a pot head would have thought of it lol) I got my nearly empty can & emptied it out, then I cut off the bottom & snapped the plastic nozzle, got a x head screwdriver the same size of the hole in the top, I then put the s/driver in the top & tapped it with a hammer so it will remove what's left of the nozzle/valve, I then chopped leaves and filled it up, I got my coffee paper filter ( leave it flat ), I then put it on flat & folded the edges over the side of the can, then I cable tied the filter to the can, I then got my Pyrex dish and my new can of butane & hey presto & I got wasted, the reason I used a butane can is because it had butane in it, so no unwanted stuff from the can, don't do what my m8 did, he used a lynx can and his BHO smelled and tasted of his favourite deodorant, lol, did anyone mention not to smoke while doing this XD

Guest MangoMunchinMonkey

Can't wait to grow and do this with the buds! :chef:

I know the post is old, but great guide grobag, and good info from others. :rockon:

Edited by MangoMunchinMonkey

I always give my leaves a bath in butane, when I 1st found out about BHO I thought I'd give it a try, out came my bigbud x white widow leaves I had for a while that I nearly forgot about, I couldn't think of anything good to use, I had nothing else to smoke so I was a bit desperate lol, a few days before I brought some lighter fuel as I was running out, after a few minutes of finger tapping I came up with an idea ( only a pot head would have thought of it lol) I got my nearly empty can & emptied it out, then I cut off the bottom & snapped the plastic nozzle, got a x head screwdriver the same size of the hole in the top, I then put the s/driver in the top & tapped it with a hammer so it will remove what's left of the nozzle/valve, I then chopped leaves and filled it up, I got my coffee paper filter ( leave it flat ), I then put it on flat & folded the edges over the side of the can, then I cable tied the filter to the can, I then got my Pyrex dish and my new can of butane & hey presto & I got wasted, the reason I used a butane can is because it had butane in it, so no unwanted stuff from the can, don't do what my m8 did, he used a lynx can and his BHO smelled and tasted of his favourite deodorant, lol, did anyone mention not to smoke while doing this XD

I would advise either buy a glass extractor tube from Original Glass

Or buy a cafetiere for a few pounds from a high street shop.

I would advise either buy a glass extractor tube from Original Glass

Or buy a cafetiere for a few pounds from a high street shop.

@@KingBlueRizla that was a long while back lol, I've had a glass extractor for about 3yrs now, it was the only thing I could find at the time, I live out in the sticks & only had a bike, the nearest shop which had a cafetier would have been about 8miles away an it was 10pm & I'm not gonna break in lol, I didn't say u must try it, it was only what I had at the time, it's ok if u live in a town or city where the supermarkets dominate 24hrs a day
  • Like 1

I know ;) we've all done things in the time of need lol scraping bowls n pipes, drinking bong water... Only joking lol.... Unless u don't do your bucket right and get a taste yuk! A few of us have experienced that one ;)

i use one of them honey bee extractors. they are a tough plastic an prevent the tube from getting cold. doesnt hold too much tho but it holds enough for one 250-300ml can.

i also find that the trim/bud must be dryer than it is when jarring. otherwise i find i get frozen pieces of ice come through into my butane. its easily removable as it stays frozen, its jus more hassle to remove it all before the butane is all gone. i put my trim in the oven on 50c for a hr or so to help remove the remaining moisture. it does kill off some of the flavour but il only do this if its trim thats not gonna give the best quality oil/budder anyway. otherwise il prefer to keep some flavour an deal with a bit of ice in my butane.

Edited by Grimweeder
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fractalhead25

my bho smells tastes a bit butaney still, what do I do, freeze, un-freeze, sparked a bit on a joint so I know that shits still in there, not smoked much of it yet tho.

Whats my best purge plan?

Cheers Frac.

you can buy porcelain cup shaped things that are made to hold the coffee filter perfectly, it saves on struggling with pegs and so on, I've had mine for a while and it works a treat, Amazon sell them for under a fiver.

Hope this helps.

Guest Kipper420

just wanted to show my appreciation to this thread, nipped into morrisons earlier and saw a metal tea pot that had a tiny hole in the top of it - and somehow my noodle thought of this thread. Whipped it up, got a few cans of butane while I was there and gave it a crack when I got in. Only used one can and some frozen fresh trim/air buds, got a really nice glob and put it all in a little one skinner with a bit of bacca. Needless to say I am absolutely off my fucking bonce lol cheers! Came out a lovely gold colour!

• Like 1

my bho smells tastes a bit butaney still, what do I do, freeze, un-freeze, sparked a bit on a joint so I know that shits still in there, not smoked much of it yet tho.

Whats my best purge plan?

Cheers Frac.

if you haven't got a vac to purge it properly then your best bet is to smear it thinly on a flat glass bowl and give it a good warm bath popping any bubbles as they appear. I'm no expert mind but that's what I'd do

e2a: sorry I'm pretty stoned and didn't type that as I'd planned :rofl: I meant put the flat glass bowl in a sink of water, not bath the bho :bangin:

Edited by Sawney Bean

• 2 weeks later...

Just got to say thank you for this, I feel like a cheshire cat right now. I'm just smearing it on the outside of my joints at the moment and the stone is just lovely, like being cuddled by M-J herself.

Struggled with scraping it all into a ball and was thinking maybe a rounded bowl with a cake scraper might be the way to go?

Also used half an ounce of weak purple maroc buds and only got 0.4g of oil, is that right? Will be running the bud again chopped up a bit and see what I get. The oil I have is very light coloured so I am guessing it's good stuff.

I love this place. I have now made my first bit of hash and first bit of oil and thank you to Madgiz for his BHO for dummies which also helped me.

I was also wondering for traveling abroad if drug dogs still pick the smell of this stuff up? I was reading that using bubbled trim for bho meant you lost the flavour profile (terpenes)? This is what the drug dogs smell so if it's not in the oil surely it's easier to take abroad with you?

Bit of a low yield, best to chop, not grind, the buds up, so you get a larger surface area. You can keep using the same material until it is empty, so nothing lost, except a can of butane.

When scraping the oil, have it so that the dish and oil are warm, not hot though. Place the dish in a larger dish with hot water in. This will make the scrape one of the most fun parts. :D

I would assume dogs can sniff it still, but if you took extracts abroad, you would need just a small amount, whereas with buds, you need a big bag!

I made some BHO from trim I had already made bubble from, was my first experience of BHO. Looking back, the yield was low and flavour minimal, but still well worth it! Check out this page for my BHO from bubbled trim, click here.

Edited by KingBlueRizla
  • Like 1