Butane Honey Oil

grobag

Good one mate, just got over my fear of explosions and did this myself. Got a stanley blade covered in what looks like English mustard downstairs! Watching the butane evaporate off was a seriously psychedelic experience as well. Perhaps I caught a whiff of it in the process. Thanks for the guide!

• Like 2

Hey Gro

Just wanted to say thanks for a really useful thread - never done Butane extraction before but just done it now on some tumbled weed and it works a treat.

I think the caffetiere idea is ingenious

• 2 months later...
Guest be_my_flame

Its going in the Uk420 favorites folder, can someone in the know just clear up the IPA bit for me, do you mean to say you filter the lager? Cool threads!!! keep it going grobag :yinyang:

Its going in the Uk420 favorites folder, can someone in the know just clear up the IPA bit for me, do you mean to say you filter the lager? Cool threads!!! keep it going grobag lol

IPA = IsoPropyl Alchohol

IPA = India Pale Ale

neither of the above is lager lol

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi Grobag, excellent thread mate, easy to follow and good pics with it. Nice to know you can get more from your leaf/bud trim after it's been bubbled, and it doesn't cost a fortune.

Looking forward to future threads Grobag, making some good :yinyang:

Nick........

:spliff:

• Like 1

Hi Grobag, excellent thread mate, easy to follow and good pics with it. Nice to know you can get more from your leaf/bud trim after it's been bubbled, and it doesn't cost a fortune.

Looking forward to future threads Grobag, making some good :yinyang:

Nick........

:spliff:

Here you go then mate, Link, next up will be jelly hash. :yinyang:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

great technique u inspired me.

can i use something instead of the slik paper filter thing u got there such as the squeezer sheet that comes with bubblebags? or maybe a certain size of bubblebag? i can't find ay paper filter at my local shop. cheers

• 3 weeks later...

great thread grobag. im deffo gonna give it a try now, thanks

over to the jelly hash pages...............................

great technique u inspired me.

can i use something instead of the slik paper filter thing u got there such as the squeezer sheet that comes with bubblebags? or maybe a certain size of bubblebag? i can't find ay paper filter at my local shop. cheers

Sorry mate, I've only just spotted this question. The paper filters I use are just normal every-day coffee filters. You can buy them at any supermarket or grocery shop. They will be on the shelf next to the filter coffees. cheap as chips. ;)

These are perfect - you don't need to get lab grade papers or anything as coffee filters are 5 micron filters anyway and that's ample. :) Anything finer and they take ages to drain and you'd want to filter through coffee filters first anyway.

• Like 1

Assuming one makes enough of this stuff for more than a few spliffs, is there an ideal way to store it without degradation. From what you mention in the method, I assume freezing it would be OK?

hope we meet again to smoke some oils mate ;)

here is some fresh african rooi bart pure buds oil . Very tasty ! :)

oil2.jpg

Edited by h4z3

Assuming one makes enough of this stuff for more than a few spliffs, is there an ideal way to store it without degradation. From what you mention in the method, I assume freezing it would be OK?

Check out this Link. :)

hope we meet again to smoke some oils mate :)

here is some fresh african rooi bart pure buds oil . Very tasty ! :)

oil2.jpg

That looks lovely H4z3 mate, I'd like a taste of that. The Rooi Bart sounds interesting aswell, what's the story behind that one if you don't mind my asking?

Great looking oil. :D;)

Check out this Link. :)

That looks lovely H4z3 mate, I'd like a taste of that. The Rooi Bart sounds interesting aswell, what's the story behind that one if you don't mind my asking?

Great looking oil. :);)

well the one I tried it wasnt very good for a landrace , when smoked pure buds , so I turned it all into oil and bubblehash :D Half kilo went into the bags and through butane gas :) Well the smoke of the oil was , of course , very nice compared to the product I had before :) The cured oil was of the highest quality , totally pine-derived bee honey taste. I dont know if I will be growing rooi bart strains ( or any african swazi ) at the near future , but I will definetely try the malawi and durban poison :)

Have fun my friend !

Edited by h4z3

• 2 months later...

hey my apologies for going a wee bit off topic, nice oil! shit makes me drool looking at it...

just curious do you guys have spots over in the UK? dont know what you might call it there, smoking with the knives on the top of the oven or better yet gas stove?

• Like 2