My Growdrobe, Step By Step

Church

• 1 month later...

fab step by step instructions thank you so much!!! :rofl: !!

I'd read on various posts re:hanging fan from bungee's but still didnt know how :rofl: --cracking photo showing this!!

now the bubblewrap has been added is the fan still attached to the bungee's?

thanks again :stoned:

(loving ya google search result)

• 2 months later...

Awesome, awesome thread I am one of many who seem to have had success with this kind of set up.

Have you found any strains that particularly seem to like the drobe?

What kind of yields have you been seeing with 2 plants? I have tried it initially with 2 and then 4. 2 seemed better but i wasn't sure if that was due to other factors.

Thanks

Twiftking

Guest SilvaRizla
Thanks alot man, this thread has been inspirational. I am just getting things in order to start my first grow and I will definitely be building a drobe with your instructions. I was just wondering if a 250w lamp would solve the heat problems or is that not enough light for the ladies? Also, what size is your fan and where does the air you extract from the drobe go?

Buddy.

The 250 definatley does solve the heat problem and it is enough light for a full grow. I have the same setup as Church but built it about 2 years ago and wasn't able to grow because of the heat. I based mine on a setup using the same drobe but a 250 in a grow diary on OG. I couldn't get a 250 as they were out of stock so got a 400.

I am going to give it another try though (today actually) and see if I can get this problem sorted. I haven't got a cool tube but I'll mount a PC fan close the to reflector and see if that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started a new grow, and I'm using a 250w in the Cool Tube - I've also removed the bacterial filter from the floor vents to allow more air in - I think a lot of the problems I've had have been because I'm not getting enough cooler air in - probably because the filters are a bit thick!

It's now running between 27-30C, and is on 20/4 light schedule. I'm pleased that I finally MIGHT have got the heat problems sorted... Time will tell!

I've not had my heaters on in the place once since I fired the drobe up - I'm reusing the warm air from the drobe outlet circulating round my pad, and it's keeping the place toasty!

I've got 2 plants in this time - I've tried everything from 1 to 11, and I reckon 2 is the magic number... once again, time will tell. I'll start posting a grow diary when I go 12/12.

Awesome, awesome thread I am one of many who seem to have had success with this kind of set up.

Have you found any strains that particularly seem to like the drobe?

What kind of yields have you been seeing with 2 plants? I have tried it initially with 2 and then 4. 2 seemed better but i wasn't sure if that was due to other factors.

Thanks

Twiftking

Thank you everyone for your kind words. When I set out to build the drobe, I never pictured almost 40,000 people visiting the thread!

In answer to your questions Twiftking, the strains that I've grown best in the drobe are Medicine Man and G13xButterscotch Hawaiian. I don't know what sort of yield I'll get from 2 plants, but I have a feeling from the numbers I've grown in there so far that 2 will probably be the optimal load.

Hi Church,

I was wondering if you found using the single 125mm rvk for cooling the tube and doing the extraction sufficent?

If you had the extra dosh or had to rebuild would you separate them? i.e. one for cooltube, one for carbonfilter extraction?

cheers

P.S. You're probably sick of hearing this but you are a legend! Been wanting to grow for years, i read this entire post and bought a wardrobe the next day, its sitting here next to me built ready for the fun to begin! Thanks for the inspiration :rofl:

I am sure I am on this thread somewhere back through the pages but I would like to thank you again Church as you were the inspiration behind me giving my dealer his walking papers, lol. Didnt want to use a whole room but thought that was my only option till I saw the drobe concept.

As you can see in my diaries, I used 3 plants the first time and got 7.5oz of dry bud. Now for the second go round, I have 2 plants in 3 gallon pots and am hoping to get 6-8 oz of dry bud again.

Good effort mate, some really good info in this thread. I'm now considering a stealth 'drobe as an alternative to having to climb up a step ladder into the loft every day for 3-4 months. :(

CPU :(:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Church,

I was wondering if you found using the single 125mm rvk for cooling the tube and doing the extraction sufficent?

If you had the extra dosh or had to rebuild would you separate them? i.e. one for cooltube, one for carbonfilter extraction?

cheers

P.S. You're probably sick of hearing this but you are a legend! Been wanting to grow for years, i read this entire post and bought a wardrobe the next day, its sitting here next to me built ready for the fun to begin! Thanks for the inspiration :rofl:

I think the fan's fine - the plants can get right upto the glass without burning, and it's not running on full power. Sure if I had the cash I'd get a bigger fan, don't think I have 2 running though - the drobe lives near where I sleep! :rofl:

Sorry for the late reply, I sometimes forget to check in here :rofl:

And thanks for the props, It always warms my heart to know someone has found this thread useful. I started the Drobe project at the start of disability that got me pretty down. Building the Drobe came as an inspiration for me, and when I found others were finding my plans useful, it cheered me up no end. I consider the Drobe to be the most important thing I did in the last 3 years, although I can't put it on my CV :rofl:

C

Edited by Church
  • Like 1

Hi, just starting off and have built a grow room which is identical to this. i am using the same rvk fan and have used a slimline fan at the bottom of the drobe for air intake, will i neeed any more intake.getting a bit confused about what size of fans to use.read something about x5 greater.dunno, help plz. the novice wants to get bush whacking!!!!also can anyone help me with the basics of germinating the seed, have heated prop tank as well. tooooo much information here, its frying my weed soaked brain. cheers

What you probably read was the discussion we were having about passive intakes - Owderb kindly informed us that passive intakes should be 5x the size of your active exhaust.

• 1 month later...

just read this thread for the 1st time from start 2 finish.. quality and brilliantly explained for the newb like me..

where u get the fan controller from ;):rofl:lol only kidding

top thread even if ya insist on being a nob and not telling any1 where ya got ya fan speed controller after blatantly telling every1 exactly where you got almost everything else from lol

gonna look into getting a flat pack drobe and banging it in the loft for some beginner fun