My Growdrobe, Step By Step

Church

"Church is top of the pops on Google, nice"

They took me off the results :yinyang:

They put you back on again. Bizarrely, you are 2nd under "Anti-Bacterial Oven Hood Filter"!

Absolutely brilliant job Church, and this is a superb "how-to" thread too.

How did you decide which RVK to go for when designing the drobe? And do you have a ballast for the light in there somewhere? (I don't entirely understand what a ballast does, to be honest, but a lot of people seem to think it's important).

Absolutely brilliant job Church, and this is a superb "how-to" thread too.

How did you decide which RVK to go for when designing the drobe? And do you have a ballast for the light in there somewhere? (I don't entirely understand what a ballast does, to be honest, but a lot of people seem to think it's important).

There are figures in this forum that will tell you how much air (cubic feet (or meters) per minute, or CFM) needs to take place for a decent grow and there are figures quoted by the RVK resellers, so look at your area and work out what size you need :yinyang:

The ballast is needed to make the light bulb work, digital is definately better and give you more light and efficiency plus it doesn't degrade as you use it. Mains --> ballast --> light. I'd love to have bought a digi ballast, but typically I wanted to start right away and I didn't fully educate myself as to how good they are before I dived right in.

Church thas 1 cool drobe.

i was hoping to make 1 too, but was thinking 400w might be too much for the same area as yors.

:no:

You could be right - I have a 250 in there now, and it's much better temperature wise - I might risk the 400 again come November, but I reckon it's only a good idea if you have a cool tube!

you mention, ARGOS and HOMEBASE yet you cant tell us where you you get your fan controller from?

Even if I could, it wouldn't matter because they stopped selling them anyway... :headpain:

well like you said site rules and that

but tell me church have you managed to ever

grow a crop in your drobe without problems

I grow in a cupboard with zero intake and my plants are like this

post-13500-1161305606_thumb.jpg

I haven't had any problems in vegging, which is the stage you seem to be at in that pic, but I have learnt many lessons in my first few crops. My latest recovered from an early leaf spot fungus problem to produce a very healthy crop though :headpain:

post-7455-1161305843_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

dont get me wrong

Im not dissing I just did not understand the crack with the fan controller

Im looking at upgrading to some sort of air

dont get me wrong

Im not dissing I just did not understand the crack with the fan controller

Im looking at upgrading to some sort of air

The crack with the fan controller was simple - the site rules forbid posting commercial links, and if I had posted the details they would have been removed. It doesn't matter anymore, as I say they don't sell em anymore anyway.

And as for you dissing me - water off a duck's back anyway. I've been insulted by far more accomplished growers than yourself :yinyang:

• Like 1