My Growdrobe, Step By Step

Church

with about 1.75m height (plus a shelf above that which adds on about another 40cm in height...)

I grew in a drobe (a tesco flatpack one) with a shelf that I actually raised myself when I was building it but in hindsight I wish I'd left it out completely. The extra headroom in a drobe is vital IMO even if it's only an extra 40cm - think how much more bud you could get into 40cm...

OK, it'd make mounting the extraction and filter more difficult but I reckon it's worth it. Something to consider anyway...

And, like Church, I found a 400W too hot, especially in Summer. My grow was in the garage and the lamp was on during the night but I struggled to keep temps down - even with my Vortice extractor which worked at (i think) 255m/3 per hour.

You heard it alot of times by now Church, but im gonna say/write it again.. In the undying words of Mr. Burns... Exelent!

Gonna start my own growroom in a wardrobe around the first, when i get some cash, rly gotten alot of ideas while reading this post so im hoping for a succes :spliff:

Probably gonna ask a 1000 times about this and that, so hope u guys are up for it? He He..

Have a nice day & good luck with all ya projects in the future B)

I've not had my heaters on in the place once since I fired the drobe up - I'm reusing the warm air from the drobe outlet circulating round my pad, and it's keeping the place toasty!

hello church....

yeh - i was wondering whether it was possible to heat a medium sized room in winter from a drobe's exhaust...

could you expand upon what you say above?

did you need to heat your flat at all last winter?

thanks man---

z,23

• 2 months later...
You might find that this damages your fan. The hot air from the bulb shouldn't be sucked from the van.

Ideally, you'd want to rework it so that it follows:

->Carbon Filter->Fan->Cool Tube->Exhaust

Not,

->Carbon Filter->Cool Tube->Fan->Exhuast

Some fans have a max operating temperature, you might want to check your model number and send them a quick email. I'd guess it'll be hard measuring what the temperature of the air passing through your fan is, but by simply rewiring it the other way it's peace of mind.

good point there, can anyone comment

are rvk's etc made to take the heat directly from a cooltube

:guitar:

The exact same fan controller is available on flea bay for £9.75 free p&p. This one rates to 300w max which is 1.25 amp. Check your fans rating. There are others on fleabay for 24.85 + 3.49 rated 1.5 amp and higher. The company selling these also sells good fans (my mate has one) and cheaper than hydro shops. Hope this helps.

MG

I've not had my heaters on in the place once since I fired the drobe up - I'm reusing the warm air from the drobe outlet circulating round my pad, and it's keeping the place toasty!

hello church....

yeh - i was wondering whether it was possible to heat a medium sized room in winter from a drobe's exhaust...

could you expand upon what you say above?

did you need to heat your flat at all last winter?

thanks man---

z,23

Apologies for the late reply, I've been away a while - I didn't use any supplemental heating beyond the drobe last year, but it's been much colder this year and I've had my room heaters on in the living room and bedroom fairly regularly!

You might find that this damages your fan. The hot air from the bulb shouldn't be sucked from the van.

Ideally, you'd want to rework it so that it follows:

->Carbon Filter->Fan->Cool Tube->Exhaust

Not,

->Carbon Filter->Cool Tube->Fan->Exhuast

Some fans have a max operating temperature, you might want to check your model number and send them a quick email. I'd guess it'll be hard measuring what the temperature of the air passing through your fan is, but by simply rewiring it the other way it's peace of mind.

good point there, can anyone comment

are rvk's etc made to take the heat directly from a cooltube

:yinyang:

I'd like to know this too if anyone knows for sure, my understanding is that 35 deg C air passing through it is within normal operating temperatures for the fan.

The exact same fan controller is available on flea bay for £9.75 free p&p. This one rates to 300w max which is 1.25 amp. Check your fans rating. There are others on fleabay for 24.85 + 3.49 rated 1.5 amp and higher. The company selling these also sells good fans (my mate has one) and cheaper than hydro shops. Hope this helps.

MG

Aah so someone's started selling them again, not that I'd recommend buying stuff off ebay unless you're sure it's right.

I installed as a HPS in my drobe which sits in my large bedroom. (Size of an average living room)

It's raised the temp's from ball breakingly cold to bearable :yep:.

Man, i love growing weed!

I installed as a HPS in my drobe which sits in my large bedroom. (Size of an average living room)

It's raised the temp's from ball breakingly cold to bearable :D.

Man, i love growing weed!

I'm trying to do a drobe on a space budget. I have a space 30" wide by 3' high. I can't find anything to fit this space. I just need a really cheap cupboard.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm working on a similar set up in a wlk in wardrobe and the way you have positioned your filter with support

looks the biz and I have the same space you have at the top, but the question is where are you venting the

exit of the fan is it straight to atmosphere?

& if you are venting to atmosphere i.e the room you are using is the filter that good it'll take away the smell of

the plants flowering?

I'm only planning in growing two at a time...

cheers

Step 8 - Saw hole in roof of drobe and run cables and ducting from fan through it

post-7455-1139176125_thumb.jpg

I've read through all the posts and thanks a lot to Church et al...

I've now germianted another Feminised White Skunk to the new arrival as two plants seem the best

but as the comment below how's the smell???

I've got my wardrobe beside a window so when I'm home from work I can leave it open, but.....

cheers dude... :P

How effectively was the smell covered up?

I realise that it has a CF and a negative pressure should exist to pull all the smell through it.

How well does this work in practice?

• 4 months later...