My Growdrobe, Step By Step

Church

Hi Church

You've occasionally mentioned that you would alter the design of the wardrobe somewhat, especially by removing the top shelf of the setup to give you more room. If you were to do so, would the design of the attached image be worth considering?

I realise that flower space would be reduced, but instead of (presumably) a yield every 4 to 4 and a half months, the design of the attached setup would offer fruit every 2 to 2 and a half months.

With a 125 CFL in the bottom compartment (no filter, just pc fan for air flow - smell during veg not an issue) and a 250 HPS (normal, not cool tube) in the top with a fan and filter the same as yours, I suspect this could work.

Any advice will be much appreciated, and, to be honest, followed.

That's an impressive looking drobe for sure - looks very professional.

I've always kept a separate vegging area, which allowed me to have a perpetual grow ongoing for a couple of years, where 1 or 2 went in every 3 to 4 weeks as 1 or 2 came out - it kept me happily in weed on an ongoing basis. Unfortunately, the last 2 plants I grew in there - NLxHaze - were massive plants and took up the entire grow area = end of perpetual. Stuey - I never weighed it, but it is enough.

The cooltube's one of the best things I ever put in there, made so much difference in temperature - I'd recommend one if you can get it.

It'll definitely work as long as you're lightproofed between the areas. I don't know how you'll find the upper area spacewise - I find the height restrictive as is. As long as you keep your plants really short, you should be ok - but I found myself wishing for more height on many a grow.

Good luck in your endeavours,

C

• 4 weeks later...

Cheers Church I have found this a very enjoyable read and as a newcomer will use some of this and apply it to my grow location .... many thanks again

• 3 weeks later...
they had those fan controllers in lidl/aldi lol

ive tried finding them online but cant find em....any chance of a link?

try a search in your favourite search engine for " Plug in dimmer for Heat Lamps " and you just might find what your looking for lol

Great thread :yep:

CH

• 2 weeks later...

Church,hat off to ya mate.A cracking thread to start.Just have to read up on some of the terminology you use and i"ll be following suit

cheers man....ya a star for taking that time out

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Massive thanks for making this thread, exactly what i've been looking for. Just need a bit of cash and I can copy the shit out of this. The missus wasn't happy with the suggestion of donating an entire room!

Guest nad84dan

Likeing this alot. And its the way im going to go. Ive got a few questions though to people who have made a growdrobe.

1. Would I need a contactor to turn on a 250 hps

2. What would be the ideal size area for a 250 hps

3. How do you make sure no funny smells leak out if your growing in a drobe and have a fan and filter combo for the out take and passive intakes for intake. (Surely some smells would leak out from any of the gaps of which im sure there will be a few on a wardrobe. Is it a cast of these gaps are pretty much adding to the passive intakes and as such if the out take fan is on high enough (so more air is bering sucked out then sucked in) it will create negative air flow and therefor no smells?)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I've got a chest of drawers, that i would like to convert the lower half into veg space. The bottom 2 drawers measure 40cm depth - 75cm width - 35cm height.

I was thinking of using this light which measures 6cm depth - 25cm width - 60cm length.

LightWave%20T5%202ft%202-tube%20left.jpg

oak-chest-of-drawers-03.jpg

How do i go about taking out the drawers and leaving the handle bit on to make it look stealthy, what would i attach the light onto?

Thanks

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

Church, thanks very much for this, it's been very useful in my quest to grow.

Regarding the dreaded fan controller. They're available right now on eBay for £4.99 delivered. Search for this - 'dimmer plug*' and include the asterisk.

• 2 months later...

Regarding the dreaded fan controller. They're available right now on eBay for £4.99 delivered. Search for this - 'dimmer plug*' and include the asterisk.

E-bay is never our friend, as growers.

I wouldn't buy a single thing from them, Grow related.

• 1 month later...

sat reading this with my sister and I have to say church you have inspired her!

shes got an unused double wardrobe in the spare room,I got fan,filter I even got one one of them sshhhecret fan controllers!! I know what me and her hubby are going to be doing tomorrow lol It will also stop her pinching my flowerz!!

• 2 weeks later...