My Growdrobe, Step By Step

Church

I just open a window for air. Great lookin drobe Church! :rofl:

Cheers mate.

I open windows in there during the day, and have a fan drawing air into the room from the windows, so it's not just recirculating the same air. The air from the drobe is also blown out the door using another fan...

It's not perfect, but it could be a lot worse...

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

dude... that is one awesome growdrobe... i just built myself a new drobe... its nowhere near as pro lookin as urs, but what im findin is im experiencing some temp issues...

the cab i have is 3ftW x 1.5ftD x 5ftT and im using a 400w HPS, 100mm RVK fan and carbon filter, and two blower fans blowing in fresh air thru some holes in the bottom of my cab,,,

and my temps are like always between 29 and 32C.... this is to high IMO... i want them to be at 25 to 27C... and ive tried everything possible with the stuff i have got,,,

i mved the light right up to the top of the cab, and took the filter off my fan, and have the fan sitting right beside the light drawing the hot air out,,, and its still to high,,,

oh, and this is with the doors open as well... when i close the doors it goes up to like 36C... i am totally stumped as to what i can do to get this temps down... im pretty sure that the plants are not growing as fast as they would be if the temps were lower...

how is the super spreader working out for u??

i have been thinking about buying one, but i didnt really think that they would make much difference tbh...

i was planning on just getting a cooltube once i get the money,,, i think that would get the temps down where i want them...

have u got any tips u could give me to help get them down anymore??

the whole idea of me buidling my cab was for stealth reasons,,, but now my grow is more obvious than it was before...

i want to be able to keep the doors shut unless im tending to the plants...

thanks in advance Church....

and again that is one amazing drobe :yinyang:

Hi Church,

What was the initial cost of setting up the drobe + fittings? I am just growing my first plants and will be needing somewhere after they have rooted to grow them in and just love the look of your drobe ;)

Hi FA,

The light and the fan/filter combination were the most expensive part - roughly £220 for all that, then I reckon I spent another £200 or so on everything else... roughly £450.

I am still very happy with it, although at the moment, I'm considering moving the fan onto the top of the drobe and taking out the upper shelf - just to give me more space.

I've also got a 250w HPS in there at the mo... it was very very hot with the 400 in there during the summer days, so I've moved down a light to reduce risk of burning everything again!

I know £450 sounds expensive, but you could do it cheaper... still, it's worth every penny to me :)

Good luck in your endeavours, and feel free to ask anything else lol

oh, and this is with the doors open as well... when i close the doors it goes up to like 36C... i am totally stumped as to what i can do to get this temps down... im pretty sure that the plants are not growing as fast as they would be if the temps were lower...

how is the super spreader working out for u??

i have been thinking about buying one, but i didnt really think that they would make much difference tbh...

i was planning on just getting a cooltube once i get the money,,, i think that would get the temps down where i want them...

have u got any tips u could give me to help get them down anymore??

Hi, sorry for the late reply - the superspreader is great for reducing the direct heat from the lamp, but I must admit to having many ambient temperature problems - you can see in my SCROGGING it thread...

I took to leaving the door part open and blowing a fan in there to try to get temps down - mine were hitting 42 on occasion! Until I can get a cooltube, I've put a 250w HPS in for the summer. Temps get upto about 31.4 at the highest now....

Are you running the lights at night, when temperatures are generally lower?

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to say thanks for having posted this up, I've pretty much used it as a guide for my own walk in wardrobe conversion. I've done a lot of reading and this really stood out - fair play for taking the time to stop, take a pic, get back to work - especially with your back as it is.

You saved me a lot of effort, thanks again lol

Just wanted to say thanks for having posted this up, I've pretty much used it as a guide for my own walk in wardrobe conversion. I've done a lot of reading and this really stood out - fair play for taking the time to stop, take a pic, get back to work - especially with your back as it is.

You saved me a lot of effort, thanks again :afro:

Cheers dude, much appreciated :band:

• 3 weeks later...

ABSOLUTEY FECKING AWWWWWWWWSUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM Church fantastic job ;)

I has nearly finished my lil room and debating wether to have the lectric in or outside the room, wich is HALF a walk in wardobe 7Ft High 5ft across and 29" deep, wilma4pot fits in nicely and using environlite so heat/temp not a problem, wife wanting to use the other half of walk in for CLOTHES :blub::spliff: is the problem :rofl:

once again absolutely awesum Church.. gonna read about your successes now :yahoo:

nice thread and nice of you to post it :smoke:

The light and the fan/filter combination were the most expensive part - roughly £220 for all that, then I reckon I spent another £200 or so on everything else... roughly £450.

I know £450 sounds expensive, but you could do it cheaper... still, it's worth every penny to me ;)

FYI archangel :)