Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

Guest peace&quiet

Morning Coconuts!

Question:

How do I transplant a ssh thats in compo over to coco? Can i just leave it in the compo its in and move it up to a bigger pot with coco or should i rinse the mud off under some luke warm water then move it to pure coco?

Thanks in advance.

p&q

Used coco for a good few years now,i just use the canna range nutes as there easy,plenty on rhizotonic and enzyme,ive used over boost products but the one that gets me the most potent bud is canna boost.

• Like 1

Guest peace&quiet

Ta Doobz

Transplanted her this morn tbh the compo was well spent watered her in with 4 ml of tnt,fingers crossed she,ll settle in no problem.

p&q

How do I transplant a ssh thats in compo over to coco? Can i just leave it in the compo its in and move it up to a bigger pot with coco or should i rinse the mud off under some luke warm water then move it to pure coco?

Options are:

1) Leave it, and repot coco around it - but won't bring all the benefits of coco, and will probably cause trouble

2) Wash off the compost as best you can, repot in coco

3) Leave it in compost finish it in compost - leave the coco for the next run

Unless anyone else has any other ideas, I'd plump for 2. If you're careful you can wash most of it off with minimal root loss. Make sure you give them a full strength dose of rhizotonic or some other rootzone helper to help them settle into their new medium :spliff:

GN

• Like 1

Guest peace&quiet

Options are:

1) Leave it, and repot coco around it - but won't bring all the benefits of coco, and will probably cause trouble

Unless anyone else has any other ideas, I'd plump for 2. If you're careful you can wash most of it off with minimal root loss. Make sure you give them a full strength dose of rhizotonic or some other rootzone helper to help them settle into their new medium :smoke:

GN

Too late mate..jobs done option 1 it is..fingers crossed.

I should av waited tho Ive run outta rootstim & cannazyme :rolleyes:

So veg nutes only for the time being.

Jiffa it went from a 1.4 to a 3.5 litre.

Cheers lads.

p&q

Okay ,

over the weekend , away from home at a parrty .

Smoking my own , met a bloke smoking "exodus, mate" cheese.

It was alright, but nothing like what i'd expected of the legend.

Anyhoo, chatting with him he reckons he grows in a compost coco mixture??????

and claims his results are far better than when he used just compost , he also used plagron nutes .

What do folks think about this . Is it worth trying , or would i just be filling space in the pots which could have compost in with summat else?

(The guy was actually a bit of a tool , but you never know.......nothing ventured nothing gained ...?)

any ideas folks?

peace and cheeers

geeeep

Options are:

Unless anyone else has any other ideas, I'd plump for 2. If you're careful you can wash most of it off with minimal root loss. Make sure you give them a full strength dose of rhizotonic or some other rootzone helper to help them settle into their new medium :yahoo:

GN

I would not wash off any soil mate. Think of what would happen to a plant that is a fair size?

Firstly you would probably end up stressing it out big time and secondly have some stability issues with the plant falling over.

Probably best to keep it as simple as possible and chucking the plant into new medium is easiest. Once the "soil" has run out of nutes your gonna need to feed it exactly the same as coco anyways.

Stay Cool

nice one GN! Wondering as I have got so many bloody nutes (different types) they are just stocking up an filling my house - so want to use some of what I have before going to buy some coco ones - but hey ho - I am sure the clone fairy will be happy to take and use them somewhere unknown :rofl:

I was super mullered when I set up a recirc dripper coco setup a year ago....and instead of putting in coco A&B I put in hydro A&B. Within about 2 days I had yellowing on the leaves and looking very poorly. The minute I realised my stupidity I swapped the res out, putting coco A&B instead and 2 days later the plants were rocking at full health again.

If you really want to use up your old nutes I suppose you could try using a calmag supplement (epsoms) but it's probably more grief than it's worth, given that most base nutes are around 10-15/litre...

GN

Your story covers of exactly what I will do - Think I will order some Growers Ark, and for fun run a test side by side - recirc pebbles in Wilma system against same plants from same mother in COCO handwatered. one on Canna hydro and the other on Growers Ark coco - something to do:)

Cheers fot ur help

Z

Morning Coconuts!

Question:

Thanks in advance.

p&q

alrite p&q i know youve already potted it up but just to let you know i used to do early veg in allmix and then just pot up into coco when the nutes were all gone in the soil and then carry on using my coco nutes with nil ill effects, infact it were much easier early on in the plants life jst watering em and not bothering with the ph or feed strengths and then having the ease of using a coco routine during flower :unsure:

:stoned:

Guest peace&quiet

Hello Trebor cheers mate..Probally abit hasty in potting her up yesterday just wanted to be all coco.

She seems fine this morning Ill keep an eye on her over the next 48 hours.

p&q

Hi again all lol

Fantastic thread this is turning out to be, great work everyone :rofl: Something has worked because my plants look amazing at the 3rd week in flower!

I just have a quick couple of questions I would be grateful some coconut (haha liked that) could help me with.

Rhizotonic. I bought some at the weekend for my newly taken (yesterday) clones.

1 - When should I start to use it? On "rooting" clones or "rooted" clones?

2 - What dilution should I do? I know it says on the back of the bottle but I find this is normally too high with other feeds etc.

3 - Should I spray on or just dilute into water?

Thanks again, I am sure the information is out there but this thread is full of it so we might aswell keep it coming!

Edited by namaste666