Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

I use rhizotonic as a PH up but have found now I don't need to PHup unless I fuck up the PHdown part.

In my personal experience using Plant magic nutes and root stim plus 1-1.5ml of phdown bubbled for 48 hours settles out at 5.8-6 in a 20ltr res.

Coco are thirsty babies aren't they.

Looked at those autopots before and thought they were shite but now I'm not soil growing they look a lot sexier.

As well as the coco and pots what other gear is needed?

Ph pen

cf truntion

clay pebbles

nutes. are they the same allway throught growth but at dif strenths

anything else needed.

I'd recommend Canna. Great nutes - performance and taste. Not cheap though - Rhizotonic is expensive and so is Boost. Use H&G Root Exelurator as it's cheaper by dilution (0.3ml/l) and would put roots on a rock.

Other bits and pieces:

100l res and stand

Tap adaptor (for res tap to feed line)

My mates are adding in ATA Clean to keep the lines clear, might be worth doing too.

GN

As for the wet/dry cycle thats a no always keep your coco moist & dont let it dry out,every 2 days works for me & Im 4 weeks into 12/12 in 6.5 litre pots,some people water daily & rekon they have better results,but as I said this is my first attempt in coco so cant say otherwise.

p&q

Hi guys jus a quick one, im doing my first coco grow and im not sure how much and how often i should water my babies!!!! Im using 15ltr pots and am in my second week of veg (18/6) im feeding them 200ml every other day which i can see is not enough as the plants are looking slightly limp. Any suggestions on how much and often i should be giving them..

Thanks in advance guys very much appreciated!!!!

ES

Hi guys jus a quick one, im doing my first coco grow and im not sure how much and how often i should water my babies!!!! Im using 15ltr pots and am in my second week of veg (18/6) im feeding them 200ml every other day which i can see is not enough as the plants are looking slightly limp. Any suggestions on how much and often i should be giving them..

Thanks in advance guys very much appreciated!!!!

Firstly, never let coco dry out - it'll hurt the rootzone.

In veg, water every 2-3 days in 15l pots - or whenever the tops start to dry out. Lift the pots and you'll feel the weight. Light pots need feeding.

In flower, different story. In weeks 3-7 (ish) where the plant is flowering and putting on weight in buds, water daily. Water to 10% runoff.

GN

e2a: watering 15l pots daily can be a pain in the ass and expensive, if run to waste. I use smaller 3.5l pots - see other posts above. Or, use drippers to automate. IT IS NOT ESSENTIAL TO WATER DAILY IN FLOWER BUT YOU WILL SEE INCREASED YIELDS IF YOU DO! :wink:

Edited by GreenNinja
  • Like 3

Thanks guys my babies were looking alot better this morning!!!!! :D:D:D

I have noticed that a couple of roots are coming slightly out the bottom of the pots, i've only grown in a flood and drain table before and i haven't got a clue if this is ok. Will this damage the roots becuase iv'e read they should be kept in dark, if so wot can i do to remedy the "problem"???????!!!!!!!!!!

:unsure: :wink: :rofl::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure: HELP!!!!!!!!

how heavy is coco and how long can it be stored for?

I have a practically full bottle of that pk14 stuff.. came with the grow gear i brought, never used it as currently growing in compo.. but want to try a simple hydro grow.

I like the idea of coco sounds great but need to know about storage as I live a considerable distance from the nearest hydro shop so would fill me car up with the stuff if it has a long shelf life.

ta.

I have noticed that a couple of roots are coming slightly out the bottom of the pots, i've only grown in a flood and drain table before and i haven't got a clue if this is ok. Will this damage the roots becuase iv'e read they should be kept in dark, if so wot can i do to remedy the "problem"???????!!!!!!!!!!

The bits coming out will just fall off, perfectly normal when growing in pots :unsure:

The bits coming out will just fall off, perfectly normal when growing in pots :)

Nice one KC :naughty::stoned:lol

how heavy is coco and how long can it be stored for?

I have a practically full bottle of that pk14 stuff.. came with the grow gear i brought, never used it as currently growing in compo.. but want to try a simple hydro grow.

I like the idea of coco sounds great but need to know about storage as I live a considerable distance from the nearest hydro shop so would fill me car up with the stuff if it has a long shelf life.

ta.

it's reusable, so one bag should last a good few grows, (depending how many pots you have of course) as for storage, as long as it's cool and dry you're good

What types of coco and which is best? makes, models etc...

I need to go and buy my first batch of coco - going to go up to 11ltr pots at final stage and will go for four or six (undecided) so will need around 50ltrs of the stuff - which to get?

Cheers

Z

Canna Coco professional pluss this end... :ninja:

Cheers P&Q - it seems to be the easiest one to find - so think it will end up being the one used.

Z

quick question - Is there really any difference between Normal Hydro nutes, and COCO nutes? It is all hydro - so why the difference if any? and what is the difference

Z

quick question - Is there really any difference between Normal Hydro nutes, and COCO nutes? It is all hydro - so why the difference if any? and what is the difference

I can't remember the specifics, but Coco overdoes some nutes, and underdoes others - Ca and Mg I think, but particularly the Mg. You tend to get Mg deficiencies using hydro nutes in coco, hence coco-specific nutes which account for the difference. I think the exception is GH 3 part and the Lucas formula, where you can cover the Ca and Mg requirements just using Micro and Bloom.

GN

nice one GN! Wondering as I have got so many bloody nutes (different types) they are just stocking up an filling my house - so want to use some of what I have before going to buy some coco ones - but hey ho - I am sure the clone fairy will be happy to take and use them somewhere unknown :spliff:

Edited by zaaboot

nice one GN! Wondering as I have got so many bloody nutes (different types) they are just stocking up an filling my house - so want to use some of what I have before going to buy some coco ones - but hey ho - I am sure the clone fairy will be happy to take and use them somewhere unknown :)

I was super mullered when I set up a recirc dripper coco setup a year ago....and instead of putting in coco A&B I put in hydro A&B. Within about 2 days I had yellowing on the leaves and looking very poorly. The minute I realised my stupidity I swapped the res out, putting coco A&B instead and 2 days later the plants were rocking at full health again.

If you really want to use up your old nutes I suppose you could try using a calmag supplement (epsoms) but it's probably more grief than it's worth, given that most base nutes are around 10-15/litre...

GN