Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

Guest peace&quiet

All I do is take out the main growing stem about an inch maybe 2...dunno if this is topping or pinching out or the same thing :yinyang:

But I do end up with 2 colas.

p&q

Guest peace&quiet
thanks dude

how tall ya vegging them to bud before you top them? or how many sets of branches?

peppi :yinyang:

Heres some pics from Jiffa that explains it better.

Usually I top once in their first pots at 12"..sometimes again before flower (a week or so to give them time to recover and sprout new side branches)

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?show...2851&st=135

p&q

e2a a quick question folks .... should i now wait until the roots fill the 6-5 litre pots before flowering ?????? :yinyang:

peppi :wink:

Yup, like in compost you don't want areas in the pot that are not rooted out. By the end of flowering these areas get really nasty and rotting. One good thing about coco is though that the roots seem to grow very fast in it, sometimes it seems like you get roots coming out of every hole after only a few days.

I don't fill pots out before flowering - ime there's no need to. In the first 2 weeks of flower (ish) the plant is still largely in veg mode whilst transitioning, and the roots keep on growing. I repot and then put into flower so that there's room in the pot for the roots to expand.

Each to their own I guess, or whatever works for you.

GN

I'm going to grow a beastie under a 600w HPS, ordered the dripper bits today. Going to use an 18 ltr pot for final flower, The plant is in 11ltr pots at the moment, almost fills out 1/2 the room now going to move the other 3 smaller plants out and bend her over 1m2 starting tomorrow. Once she's touching the side I let her grow up into a scrog net and flick into flower.

I'm going to use 4 dripper stakes, spaced evenly round the pot to ensure good coverage and possible blockages (Got inline filters). I work that out to 133ml of water per minute delivered, I have a minute timer from screfix (£8.50) and could do with some advice on the timer schedule.

DTW I seem to need 3 litres of water at the moment (Hand watered everyday) to get run off, I was thinking of potting into the flower pot just before I put the scorg net in.

At the moment in 11ltr pots I was planning 3 waters a day, lights on, after 6 hours and 4 hours before lights off to deliver roughly 4 litres (Or 30 minutes) in total to the pot.

Does this seem enough? They're growing massively everyday now, I suspect I've gone too far to flower these out all in the same space.

I'll grab some pics at lights on.

Has anyone else grown 1 plant out under a 600w? How big pots did you use, what was the yield like? How often did you water and how much?

Has anyone else grown 1 plant out under a 600w? How big pots did you use, what was the yield like? How often did you water and how much?

gonna do something similar myself but under a 400w hps cooltube

vegging atm under 200w envirolight

should be interesting ?

peppi :(

gonna do something similar myself but under a 400w hps cooltube

vegging atm under 200w envirolight

should be interesting ?

peppi :(

What size pots are you going to use?

18 litres for 600w sounds small to me but soil grower so I think I'd use a 65 ltr pot if I was going for it in compost.

I notice how much happier my plants are in coco in much smaller pots than soil, i think if I water regulary enough the "small" pot size will be mitigated somewhat.

I've just got to remember Coco isn't soil it so simple it's hard to forget that.

tbh bud nothing is carved in stone yet

was thinking something along the lines of a bucket or similar i am a long, long, way (veg wise) from a bucket just yet though bud

peppi :D

Guest papaduc

So, P&Q, you finally took the plunge eh. I remember talking to you a while back about it, don't know if you remember. I haven't been on for a while.

Thing is, that was part of a compost mix. Next time I'm going with pure coco.

What do you think so far? Will you be doing an all round comparison vs compost at the end of your grow? Are you expecting any yield increases? has the smell, appearance etc, been different to what you've noticed before? I'd be interested to know.

Cheers dude.

Guest peace&quiet
So, P&Q, you finally took the plunge eh. I remember talking to you a while back about it, don't know if you remember. I haven't been on for a while.

Thing is, that was part of a compost mix. Next time I'm going with pure coco.

What do you think so far? Will you be doing an all round comparison vs compost at the end of your grow? Are you expecting any yield increases? has the smell, appearance etc, been different to what you've noticed before? I'd be interested to know.

Cheers dude.

Hello fella Yeah I remember you,hows tricks?

Took the plunge and loved it to be honest..I wont be doing a compost comparison coco is my choice of medium for the forseable future. Nice and easy to work with and nice clean finger nails.

Yield is most certainly up on any compost grows ive done the smell is lovely and I cant see any difference in appearance..apart from bigger buds :yep:

Ive just chopped so have a wee look thro my diary and see my results.

All the best chief..look forward to seeing how you get on with pure coco.

p&q

Guest papaduc

Hows it going bud. Nice hearing from you man.

Will deffo have a full read through your diary. I've already had a peep and it looks really good.

So do you think you can notice a difference in the smell?

It might sound like a mad question to ask, but I'm only asking because I read a post from someone just the other day who said he grew a strain that didn't smell much in compost, but when he grew it in coco it was a stinker. Have you noticed anything like that?

Edited by papaduc

Guest peace&quiet
Hows it going bud. Nice hearing from you man.

Will deffo have a full read through your diary. I've already had a peep and it looks really good.

So do you think you can notice a difference in the smell?

It might sound like a mad question to ask, but I'm only asking because I read a post from someone just the other day who said he grew a strain that didn't smell much in compost, but when he grew it in coco it was a stinker. Have you noticed anything like that?

Ive grown this strain in both compo & coco......trust me it bloody stinks! Ive not noticed any difference at all.

p&q

Whattup Milky Joe heads!

Have currently got a grow on the go in a 250w drobe. I'm using autopots with a 60/40 coco perlite mix with some clay pebbles at the bottom. Using PM's coco nutes with a small bottle of their bio-silicon i got as a freebie (i just use this as a PH up).

Its my first time with Hydro so i've already made a couple of mistakes, the first of which was adding the bio - silicon without reading the PH after (wtf i was thinking i dont know). The mix musta been ph 7 at least, the plants freaked and started drooping, leaves curling under, kinda brittle kinda yellowy, man they looked real unhappy with their situation. That was the first time i used the silicon and my plants are only just getting back onto full strength nutes after flushing - looking alot healthier now thou!!

Really need to order calibration fluid/powder for my PH and EC pens thou, they've been sat around for like 2 weeks not being able to do anything and i'm relying on a cheapo PH kit!

Hello Nasty Nas. Do you know that bio silicon is for use in soil and compost.Not sure it's meant for hydroponics.I been using PM coco nutes on my lateset grow and so far the plants are in excellent health.It's definitely better than canna coco nutes anyway..

I wondering also why you need ph up.I use 4ml/lt of grow in veg and the PH comes out at 6.3 with no PH down.Could be your pens really need calibrating badly..Hope you don't mind my input and good luck..

Sb..