Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

Guest peace&quiet

Hello Coco people!

Seems to be alot of people interested in growing in coco lately but getting confused were to post,so here it is,the unoffical coco thread.

Post your tips on watering, ph, ec ,nutes, anything really about growing in coco..

Keep your ph between 5.8-6.2

Happy growing!

p&q

• Like 1

Owderb has recently ran two diaries that have great tips and tricks to running coco. you can find the link Here. The newest coco diary he ran is here. coco's a fun medium to grow in, been running it for a bit now myself and haven't looked back. :ouch:

• Like 5

Guest peace&quiet
Owderb has recently ran two diaries that have great tips and tricks to running coco. you can find the link Here. The newest coco diary he ran is here. coco's a fun medium to grow in, been running it for a bit now myself and haven't looked back. :yahoo:

Niceone Madhatta81

Your right two exellent Diaries by Owderb there..of which Ive followed myself on my first coco grow. Its just abit of fun really a thread for coco only growers either newbies or experienced folks to have their say..

Probally turnout like a lead balloon :notworthy:...or you never know it could be a great help for the future.

p&q

Hello Donjon

From what Ive read mate it helps with drainage..how I dont know tho? maybe someone will answer you soon.

I know some folk have a lair of clay balls at the bottom of their pots and some people mix it 70/30 80/20 60/40 ect:

I was looking in greens earliar and theres even a bag made up now you can purchase.

p&q

• Like 1

Nice, I've been wondering why people mix their coco with hydroton?

No idea, presumably they think they're getting better drainage....but pure coco is great (esp. fine grade cocos like Canna or B'Cuzz). Some people put a couple of layers of hydroton in the bottom of flood and drain setups so that the roots don't sit in any water (canna doesn't like wet feet apparently).

GN

• Like 3

I use clay pebbles in the bottom of my pots, coco holds the water longer, but because I run air directly to the root zone via a soaker hose, I find that having clay pebbles helps stop it getting to boggy down the bottom of the pots, and easier to inject some air under the root zone.

Honestly, try it, they love it, I place the soaker hose in the clay pebbles (25%) and top up the rest of the 25L pots with coco, with a 360 dripper on top.

• Like 3

I use clay pebbles in the bottom of my pots, coco holds the water longer, but because I run air directly to the root zone via a soaker hose, I find that having clay pebbles helps stop it getting to boggy down the bottom of the pots, and easier to inject some air under the root zone.

Honestly, try it, they love it, I place the soaker hose in the clay pebbles (25%) and top up the rest of the 25L pots with coco, with a 360 dripper on top.

A mate has just setup his autopot system using something similar - their 'airdomes' which are basically airstones planted at the bottom of the coco in the pot. Means there's no need for the hydroton and there's a mini DWC thing going on. The plants go mental apparently....gotta try it myself...

GN

A mate has just setup his autopot system using something similar - their 'airdomes' which are basically airstones planted at the bottom of the coco in the pot. Means there's no need for the hydroton and there's a mini DWC thing going on. The plants go mental apparently....gotta try it myself...

GN

I'd like to know more about these airdomes mate ! :guitar:

I have no tips, but I do have a question. To get the most from a plant in coco, are all of these useful, or are some snakeoil:

Nutrients

Enzymes

PK 13/14

Root Stim

Cheers.

Edited by arcane

lol, airdomes, we tried them about 4 years ago, you just pump air into the bottom of the pot, 6 months with and 6 months without-no difference whatsoever to yield or growth, yet more snake oil designed to part you from your cash, spend the money on a good extract and carbon filter, a much more sensible purchase, we also tried coco then switched to b n q cheapest compost, fed with coco food all along in a wilma system, no difference apart from compost being about 1/5th of the price of coco and looking less suspicious when you buy it, its a weed, it grows in pretty much anything, save your money!
  • Like 9

i ran an autopot on my last grow with the airdomes and coco, had very pleasing results..very easy to use with little hassle...

• Like 1

Guest peace&quiet
I have no tips, but I do have a question. To get the most from a plant in coco, are all of these useful, or are some snakeoil:

Nutrients

Enzymes

PK 13/14

Root Stim

Cheers.

Sounds good to me fella lol

Was unsure of the root stim myself as Ive never used it before but look at these results & as you can see theres some difference in 6 days.

What you planning on buying?..let us know.

p&q

post-40463-1256154350.jpg

post-40463-1256154359.jpg

Good thread peace&quiet lol .. I love the coco and am just starting a grow using plant magic coco nutes and plagron coco.. I usually use canna coco but couldn't get any.Plagron and PM working well together so far.. Gonna start a diary soon so this thread will be useful..Nice one..

PP..

Nutrients

Enzymes

PK 13/14

Root Stim

Cheers.

Base Nutes - gotta have....

Enzymes - don't have to have, but they maintain the roots and aren't expensive...worth doing even infrequently (e.g. once a week)

PK13/14 - useful for bigger yields

Root Stim - I consider it essential, especially if you want decent buds....roots = buds. Look after your rootball and you'll be happy imo.

FWIW I rate Canna Boost, especially with a PK. Really does add massive weight and quality ime. Am trying B'cuzz right now but if it isn't as good I'm going straight back to Canna, even if it is expensive because it does exactly what it says on the tin ime.

GN

What you planning on buying?..let us know.

p&q

Well grow shop sold Canna AB, so I was figuring rest of their range since even if it's not ground breaking, it works according to most.

FWIW I rate Canna Boost, especially with a PK. Really does add massive weight and quality ime.

What would you classify boost as? Also, what would Nitrozyme be considered as essentially 'doing'? (that's at anyone btw)

Cheers boys.