Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

Guest peace&quiet

● Dissolve 400 ml concentrate per 100 Liter of water (1:250)

● Use 1-6 times daily to the cultivation medium and/or spray directly on the leaves until a strong root system has developed

● When re-potting, one should pre-treat the growing medium with this solution

● Set the pH of the nutrient reservoir after adding RHIZOTONIC as it will slightly increase the pH

● The results of RHIZOTONIC are better with low EC, if necessary only use RHIZOTONIC during the first few days (without fertilizers)

From canna themselves mate..what your after Im not sure tho :rofl:

I hear Gn talking about it alot he,s your man,sure he,ll pop in soon with a deffinate answer.

Personally I use hesi rootstim up untill week one of flower & all the way in veg (i use rooted clones)

p&q

eta: only use on plants that have roots at around 4ml per litre lol

Edited by peace&quiet

Yeah cheers mate I read basically the same on the back. What it didnt tell me was what you did, to only use it on plants that have roots. I wasnt sure whether it acted as a root stimulator or something so thanks for that bud ;)

Ah well, a couple of weeks to wait and I will just use it on my new clones as stated on the bottle :ouch:lol

1 - When should I start to use it? On "rooting" clones or "rooted" clones?

2 - What dilution should I do? I know it says on the back of the bottle but I find this is normally too high with other feeds etc.

3 - Should I spray on or just dilute into water?

Rhizo is the dog's gonads, 2nd only to H&G Root Exelurator ime.

1. Use it from birth....seeds/cuttings in a baby mix: Formulex 5ml/l, Rhizotonic 4ml/l, one drop of Superthrive....pH 5.5

2. Stay on the baby mix until they have two sets of real leaves...i.e. little plants...and then switch to regular veg nutes, using Rhizo @ 2ml/l

3. Put it in with your veg mix

and 4. In flower - use a tiny amount as per Canna recommendations....0.5ml/l I think...for basic root support.

Also, that baby mix you can use to mist your clones and propagator (i.e. once you've made up the baby mix, feed your clones and pour the rest into a sprayer....for clones, or take the top off and feed your rooted clones)

GN

edited to fix veg dilution ratio..I had put 4ml/l but that's for baby stage....I use 40ml in 20l....so 2ml/l (and that's from the Canna calc)

Edited by GreenNinja

Perfect again GN cheers mate lol :wink:

My babymix will be made up later this afternoon. Luckily I have some Formulex knocking around to use (Better check the date first actually).

I didnt know about using it in flower aswell cheers. I will give it a try in the small doses canna recommend. It wont do any harm anyway!

Onwards and upwards :blub:

Edited by namaste666

Just another quick one while I am here,

I am sure I saw earlier in the thread that a few use liquid silicon aswell. What sort of amounts do you use for this? and is it a consistent amount throughout the full grow?

I have done abit of reading and Silicon looks to be something I should be using :wink:

Thanks again as always

Silicon is great - I use Liquid Silicon by Growth Tech as it's the most user friendly. The PlantMagic one is overpriced and the bottles are crap, Budlink can apprently muck up taste and burn, and the Hydrogarden one has a weird way to mix and add which isn't easy.

So, GT Liquid Silicon the whole way at 1ml/l as directed in both veg and flower. I've not been using it so that I can see the effects of a pure B'Cuzz regime and no doubt my plants are way floppier and will need staking, whereas before they didn't with the Silicon.

GN

Edited by Owderb

Anyhow - back to coco...

I'm growing some mum's from seed in coco ATM.

All was going well until I topped them (too early I suspect - they were about 3wks from seed).

They're now showing signs that there's problems in the root zone - leaves are curling-downwards at the margins, new growth is bunched and they only need watering very infrequently, suggesting that they're not taking-up much water.

I had a look at the roots yesterday and there's not much there ATM.

I'm feeding them at a low EC (around 1.0) until they show signs of improvement. I'd been using pythoff routinely, but I've now switched to using an enyme to try to deal with dead roots & promote the development of new ones.

I've also thought about potting them down until they grow a good rootball, but I fear that more root stress will kill 'em (and I've heard that potting-up/down in coco is less crucial than it is in compost).

If they get much worse then I'll take cuttings from them quickly...

Any further suggestions as to what to do? I don't particularly want to buy more 'products', I've done OK without them until now.

Cheers all

Stan

Guest peace&quiet

Morning Stan

What size of pots are the little ones in? Ive only just began my coco adventure & never grown from seed.

Ive also retired all my mums that were in compost and have the clones in small 1.4 litre pots.

They have been topped but like yours seem to be a tad slow,maybe because I aint added any root stim this time (Ive run out)

Possibly the same as yours? Just a guess like,check out how the roots grew in 6 days back on page 1 of this thread..might be page 2.This was with a root stim & powerzyme.

This aint much help I know..just a wee suggestion fella.

Post a pic of the roots & little ones if you can.

p&q

Anyhow - back to coco...

I'm growing some mum's from seed in coco ATM.

All was going well until I topped them (too early I suspect - they were about 3wks from seed).

They're now showing signs that there's problems in the root zone - leaves are curling-downwards at the margins, new growth is bunched and they only need watering very infrequently, suggesting that they're not taking-up much water.

I had a look at the roots yesterday and there's not much there ATM.

I'm feeding them at a low EC (around 1.0) until they show signs of improvement. I'd been using pythoff routinely, but I've now switched to using an enyme to try to deal with dead roots & promote the development of new ones.

I've also thought about potting them down until they grow a good rootball, but I fear that more root stress will kill 'em (and I've heard that potting-up/down in coco is less crucial than it is in compost).

If they get much worse then I'll take cuttings from them quickly...

Any further suggestions as to what to do? I don't particularly want to buy more 'products', I've done OK without them until now.

Cheers all

Stan

are you using rhizotonic,it helps plants that are dealing with stress,also will help the rooting system,ive found that young plants in coco like a smaller more frequent feed/watering.

Morning Stan

What size of pots are the little ones in? Ive only just began my coco adventure & never grown from seed.

Mornin'

They're in 1ltr pots I think... I suspect I took them out of their 3-inch pots too soon - they were quite big & beginning to yellow so I potted them up. If I hadn't topped them so soon afterwards I think they would've been OK.

I've grown one plant from seed in coco before! - A skunk planted directly (no root cubes etc.). It didn't do much differently compared to cuttings I took at the same time. These are mazars which are indica dominant & I think a little more sensitive to topping.

They have been topped but like yours seem to be a tad slow,maybe because I aint added any root stim this time (Ive run out)... Post a pic of the roots & little ones if you can.

I don't have a camera at the moment ;) . I'm trying to avoid buying more rootstim - I think it's already included in the 3-part nutes I use. Previously the roots have looked like they do in the pic. you posted on p1 of this thread... I suspect I hacked at the tops before I'd given the roots chance to develop - ya live & learn...

Thanks folks - I'll see how they go with the cannazyme and being left in peace for a few days...

ATB

Stan

Edited by Stan909

Silicon is great - I use Liquid Silicon by Growth Tech as it's the most user friendly. The PlantMagic one is overpriced and the bottles are crap, Budlink can apprently muck up taste and burn, and the Hydrogarden one has a weird way to mix and add which isn't easy.

So, GT Liquid Silicon the whole way at 1ml/l as directed in both veg and flower. I've not been using it so that I can see the effects of a pure B'Cuzz regime and no doubt my plants are way floppier and will need staking, whereas before they didn't with the Silicon.

GN

That explains a lot my plants are floppy I was thinking of adding liquid silicon but been skint for the last week. Should be paid on Monday, looking forward to pay day setting up dripper system at the same time my life is going to be easier.

Getting ready to flower now, choo choo.

Anyone grown a beastie in coco I might take the big one and put it under it's own 600w in a 20ltr pot, scrogged naturally.

Anyhow - back to coco...

Silicon and Rhizotonic are added to coco so I wasnt exactly moving away from the Coco discussion I dont think? lol:rofl:

GN

Nice one GN your a star. I am going to order some this week and start adding it to my feed. Gotta say this Coco growing is superb and the ability to add little things like this to your feed just gives you the peace of mind that your giving your plants that bit of extra protection etc. After years of growing in soil I have never had such healthier looking plants than I do now in Coco!

Well pleased I made the change anyway, especially what with the problems with Westlands + soil at the moment and I used to use that aswell! ;)

Edited by namaste666

Guest peace&quiet

Silicon and Rhizotonic are added to coco so I wasnt exactly moving away from the Coco discussion I dont think.

Thats not aimed at you mate,Stan was replying to a post by Gn that was edited. lol

Glad your enjoying the coco its goos stuff eh!

p&q

they were quite big & beginning to yellow so I potted them up. If I hadn't topped them so soon afterwards I think they would've been OK.

When plants start to yellow in coco (assuming other variables are within acceptable liits) you need to increase the food not repot, there's no food in coco so repotting won't make more food available.

I'm trying to avoid buying more rootstim - I think it's already included in the 3-part nutes I use.

On my last grow I didn't use root stim to see if it made a difference and it most certainly did, it's worth spending the money on.

Edited by SuperSilverCheese