Coco Thread!

Guest peace&quiet

It says for soil/compost on the website... Just wondering if this is ok for use in coco?? Thanks.

It will be just fine.

Ahh sorry Nasty Nas i just seen this...I should have checked before posting :B):

Sb.

Edited by Sickboy

Hi Folks

Was just clearing-out some files on my computer and came across a guide to growing in coco that I used/read before this thread was started.

It's probably faster & easier to read-through some of the diaries on these forums, but I thought I'd post it for background reading/interest:

Guide_growing_in_coco.pdf

ATB

Stan

Edited by Stan909

A larger plant (larger than 75cm) does not yield more than a smaller one and is unmanageable.

Whoops looks like I should throw away my babies now then!

Not convinced on the quality of that guide, 25 plants per 600w lets all go to jail now.

This is my Coco experiment inspired by GN

I slightly over nuted 2 days ago as evidenced by the down turned leaves.

Flushed with plain water and adjusted res to ec 1.4 (0.4 starting EC), bought the bits setting up the drippers tonight.

Flicked into flower 2 days ago intend to trim the lower levels this evening and add some nets.

4 plants under there in 11ltr pots, 1 600w.

Plant magic Coco nutes, Bcuzz Coco

post-15022-1259483649_thumb.jpg

Just setting up my coco this weekend, as the Wilmas came down friday.

Going to use 6 plants under 1200w in a DR240 - only half will be coco the other half in pebbles so I can compare

Z

What about starting seed in Coco, I use Bcuzz Coco which is prenuted to 0.8EC.

Would I be better to use root riot cubes first or can I just treat the coco like soil and use only plain water and root stim until rooted in well, then slowly increase the EC level.

Guest peace&quiet
What about starting seed in Coco, I use Bcuzz Coco which is prenuted to 0.8EC.

Would I be better to use root riot cubes first or can I just treat the coco like soil and use only plain water and root stim until rooted in well, then slowly increase the EC level.

Sounds good to me Tutu especially with the prenuted coco with an ec of 0.8 just what seedlings need Im sure. Id still ph your water tho.

Ive never tried it from seed,so be good to hear how you get on. One thing Id probally do if I ever was to give it a go from seed is spray the coco first then plant the seed couple of ml down.

Goodluck!

p&q

What about starting seed in Coco

All good - I've done it 5 or 6 times without problems (they come later!)

I'm currently seeing whether I can clone directly into coco - I ran out of starter cubes so filled a seedling tray compartment with coco - so far so good...

ATB

Stan

What about starting seed in Coco

All good - I've done it 5 or 6 times without problems (they come later!)

I'm currently seeing whether I can clone directly into coco - I ran out of starter cubes so filled a seedling tray compartment with coco - so far so good...

ATB

Stan

Hello Stan909.. I too ran out of jiffy pellets(how i start mine).I filled 15 3" pots with plagron coco and watered them through with plain tap water.I then made little hole in the coco and pushed in the cutting,after a dip in clonex,and just put them in a prop.It was a little cold so i put a small heat mat under it and 2 weeks later they were all ok so i took them out.10 of them have roots out the bottom of the pots now after another week.The rest i am sure will show roots soon too as new growth is visible..Prob be quicker with some sort of rhizotonic tho..

So what's the best coco nute?

Using PM but open to suggestions.

Bcuzz, Hesi or Ionic look good, possibly canadian express?

I'll probably buy the entire range if i do it.

Plant your seeds directly into coco for the best germ results ime (or pre-soak 24 hours, then straight into coco). Pre-soak the coco with baby juice (Formulex 5ml/l Rhizotonic 4ml/ 1 drop superthrive, pH 5.5) and put the seed under the surface. Then lightly spray the surface with the baby juice to make sure the seed is wet - don't pour the baby juice otherwise you can 'lose' the seed with it sinking down.

Put the cups of coco into a heated prop, and 2-5 days later you should see a sprout, and then transfer to veg lights (CFLs, fluoros etc).

I recently changed from this tried and tested method by going directly into root riots, and got 3/5 germ rate, whereas I normally get 99.9% in straight coco. If it's gonna germ, it germs in straight coco ime. If it's a hard casing, scarify or presoak , or do both.

GN

Hey 420ers! I'm lovin the sound of ths coco mallarky, after ignoring the missus for about 30mins and reading ur posts it's just inspired me more!

But... lots of snacks and joints tend to make things go in one ear and out the othr. So, gonna ask a q thts probbly been askd and anserd. Here goes, how mch shud I feed at their max pot size say 5-6l. Or is it easier to say "when the growing medium is uniformly moist"?

And is really tht beneficial to feed from the bottom, same applies with wet dry cycles, necessary or not?

Sorry if ths has been askd, but if u chk wat time it is wen wen I postd ths and knw how many spliffs iv had ud undrstnd.

Cheers ppl

Hey 420ers! I'm lovin the sound of ths coco mallarky, after ignoring the missus for about 30mins and reading ur posts it's just inspired me more!

But... lots of snacks and joints tend to make things go in one ear and out the othr. So, gonna ask a q thts probbly been askd and anserd. Here goes, how mch shud I feed at their max pot size say 5-6l. Or is it easier to say "when the growing medium is uniformly moist"?

And is really tht beneficial to feed from the bottom, same applies with wet dry cycles, necessary or not?

Sorry if ths has been askd, but if u chk wat time it is wen wen I postd ths and knw how many spliffs iv had ud undrstnd.

Cheers ppl

ignore my post! Stan909 thnx for tht PDF dude!!

Carry on about ur business ppl, nothng to see here :rofl:

• Like 1

Stan909 thnx for tht PDF dude!!

It covers the basics in a kind of Dutch/English way...

I find the EC values it gives to be a good guide lol

However AFAIK not many folks go into the depth & detail of measuring run-off described in the guide - personally I only measure the run-off if my plants are looking ropey - I find it a good indication of whether they're feeding, but I don't use any of the calculations - I tried but I found them complex & couldn't see the logic/maths behind them anyway :yinyang:

Like I say, it's background reading, not the authorative guide!

G'luck

Stan