Supercropping

Owderb

Hi guys just wondering if i can do anything to my cheese plants which are 3 weeks friday just gone been on 12/12.. Is there anykind of supercropping/technique i can use to maximixe my yield?? Or is 3 weeks gone too late?? I did supercrop a few earlier bending stems n stuff in veg but it was a good month+ ago now..?? Anything else i could give a bash?? Thanks guys Thai.

• 2 weeks later...
The trouble is with growing different vars in the same room is that sometimes one plant is going to outstretch the others

Also it may help those that dont like to top

I knew this one would so i decided at 10 days in flower to slow it down without topping or training, i thought i'd take you some pics

Make sure the plant you are supercropping is on new lush growth and not woody so its less likely to snap

Just gently squeeze the stem inbetween nodes and start to bend it, and try and leave the stem 90 degrees to the main stem

I did all the tallest

post-6338-1225058250_thumb.jpg

just noticed your pic - have you considered putting a net over there , and weaving your plants through it - I did that once with Nirvana Ice, while it was admittedly a load of work to set up we had a lot of real nice large buds no scrawny crap if you get me....just a thought anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So this method would be good to combine with Scrog? or is used in it? It seems a great way of leveling the 'budding' field

thanks for the pics as they helped a newbie understand how and why to supercrop

Edited by Doc Remould

So this method would be good to combine with Scrog? or is used in it?

:wink:

The main purpose of a screen in a SCRoG is to keep your plants in a preferred plane without the added work of supercropping. Supercropping's purposes and use are covered well at the beginning of this topic.

It could be used for any growing method, even folk scrogging get rogue branches that want to out stretch the rest, so super cropping that particular branch is no problem at all and a good alternative to topping seeing as we dont take any growing tips out

Owd

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Guest papaduc
So this method would be good to combine with Scrog? or is used in it?

:wink:

The main purpose of a screen in a SCRoG is to keep your plants in a preferred plane without the added work of supercropping. Supercropping's purposes and use are covered well at the beginning of this topic.

Supercropping is used very much in scrog actually rand. Was for me anyway.Like owd says, branches still do their own thing, even if they're under a screen.

Supercropping is like having plasticine plants.You can do whatever you want with them, shape them whatever way.

I've found it's much easier to bend without breaking if you do so before you feed the plants rater than after. Apologies if that's already been mentioned.

In Soma's book there's a chapter on the subject, albeit a small one, he reckons supercropping results in larger and more resinous buds on all his plants.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, Just SC'd my grow, never done this before so am worried I've killed all my babies!!

Only snapped one branch but still fopeful this will recover?

Trying to maximise the grow area and the yield, being a complete noob I only hope i'm doing the right thing :russian:

Peace out all

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have a (Greenhouse) SLH that has just gone into flowering that could use some of this treatment and hear that topping could possibly make them hermy. Is there any risk of my SLH turning hermy using this technique?

Hermi issues are usually associated with genetics, bad breeding practices and light leaks rather than low stress training techniches..

• Like 1

Sup Madgiz, good to see you again. Sounds like i'm best to SC my SLH asap then. Thanks for the heads up mate.

• 2 weeks later...
I achieved simlar buy tieing the branches down on my last crop, although i can see this being slightly quicker to do, im thinking tieing them down is a better option as it didnt do any damage to the branches?

they recover quickly and grow back stronger :D

nice post Owd lol

whats earliest you would consider tying down?ive 2 super lemon haze 3 weeks into veg from seed and was thinking of tying them down but as newbie not sure.can anyone help

I achieved simlar buy tieing the branches down on my last crop, although i can see this being slightly quicker to do, im thinking tieing them down is a better option as it didnt do any damage to the branches?

they recover quickly and grow back stronger :D

nice post Owd lol

whats earliest you would consider tying down?ive 2 super lemon haze 3 weeks into veg from seed and was thinking of tying them down but as newbie not sure.can anyone help

hi buddy i'm a newbie @ it too but look in my diary i did it from that point i'm getting an even canopy as bottoms at same hight as the tops just as i wanted

hope this helps dude

p-o-p