Supercropping

Owderb

thanks :rofl: and also :smoke: as ive just topped me skuns 3 days ago! great to know next time as id never seen or heard it before and the pics explain very clearly

thanks again

cam

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Whats are we ultimately trying to achieve by doing this - just getting the plants to start growing horizontally - with the possible chance of an increase in yield?

I've not found it takes any time at all for plants to "recover", they just carry on at full steam IME :spliff:

The goal, for me, is height control plus an even canopy. In a small 'Drobe like mine, its essential to have both :wink:

Guest Shairiley

unless you train an use clones your canopy will be ver hard to keep even as lots of strains have different phenos but the more even the better been trying my best to keep my canopy as even as possible this grow but got a couple phenos that are stretching a little more than others so a can see me gonna start some bending soon. :wassnnme:

Canopy - means the overall height of your plants together?

The thing is when your buds are grown and fully flowering, the buds extend upwards making for an uneven canopy. Supercropping and training allows for a more even canopy spread (especially when your growing different strains or phenos). The buds still extend past the original canopy, but not by as much as they would. As far as I can tell, scrog is the best way to control the level of the canopy. As well as being good for training bud sites to grow smaller buds in more places, rather than massive colas. Which also helps keep the canopy as tight and level and possible. What this means is that the light can be closer to the main canopy, instead of just the bud tops. Giving more lumens and energy to the plant through the grow. Which should get you a better yield.

To me, the canopy isn't the tops of the buds. Rather it's the mass of leaves below the buds. Like when you see pictures of grow rooms, you see all these buds extending upwards from a blanket of leaves. For me, that blanket of leaves is the canopy.

• Like 2

thanks for that Owd :rofl:

i was thinking of super cropping my Blue Cheese (Barney's) but have read that some of the Cheese variations don't repond particularly well to it.....not sure if its true or if it would effect me

has anyone had any experience of super cropping Blue Cheese?

lol

wrks fine with cheese and blue cheese works with any healthy plant

A week on so i thought i'd post a pic of the result

As you can see i even split this stem and a couple of others when i bent it but it soon healed and its saved me about 8" in height plus allowed lower buds on the branch to receive more light

In fact i find its best just to do it till you hear a crack or the stem tends to virtually go back to where it was before

post-6338-1225663058_thumb.jpg

hey dude iv been reading your information on super cropping an iv give it a go, it looks exactly the same as yours bent to a 90 degree angle an the end of the plant is facin up to the light but my only problem is my snap is underneath the bend an not on the outside like yours, wil this still heal because its not gettin light like yours is?

hey dude iv been reading your information on super cropping an iv give it a go, it looks exactly the same as yours bent to a 90 degree angle an the end of the plant is facin up to the light but my only problem is my snap is underneath the bend an not on the outside like yours, wil this still heal because its not gettin light like yours is?

It'll heal. You can control where the breaks in the stem happen by where you pinch the stem. When you pinch it you want your thumb to be where your break is now. Then that should split the side and leave the part where your thumb is undamaged. As far as I remember anyway. Wouldn't worry about it though man. I've had clear holes through the stem which have healed. They're tougher plants than we'd think they are. :)