Supercropping

Owderb

The trouble is with growing different vars in the same room is that sometimes one plant is going to outstretch the others

Also it may help those that dont like to top

I knew this one would so i decided at 10 days in flower to slow it down without topping or training, i thought i'd take you some pics

Make sure the plant you are supercropping is on new lush growth and not woody so its less likely to snap

Just gently squeeze the stem inbetween nodes and start to bend it, and try and leave the stem 90 degrees to the main stem

I did all the tallest

post-6338-1225058250_thumb.jpg

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 33

Takes a bit of practice but rocket science it isnt

Once youve done it leave them a couple of days in peace just to recover and they'll be fine

post-6338-1225058366_thumb.jpg

• Like 12

And a final close up

If it does split dont worry as it will heal and form a knuckle, but if you dont do it enough then the stem will be upright in no time

post-6338-1225058434_thumb.jpg

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 11

outstanding Owd! :rofl: Thank you for that! That is just what I need for my garden. My girls like to stretch and due to my use of linear rails adjusting lamp height is a pain.

:smoke:

Thanks for that Owd! I had done this to my Trainwrecks due to their growth spurts... and its worked wonderfully..

Your knowledge is invaluable. :ninja:

hi owd,

nice tip man, i'm growing diff strains an some did stretch more than others.

obviously a bit late now to start super cropping but good to know for future grows.

always been to scared to top so this will be a good alternative.

thanx owd...................tcc

Guest Tyler.Durden

I achieved simlar buy tieing the branches down on my last crop, although i can see this being slightly quicker to do, im thinking tieing them down is a better option as it didnt do any damage to the branches?

• Like 1

I achieved simlar buy tieing the branches down on my last crop, although i can see this being slightly quicker to do, im thinking tieing them down is a better option as it didnt do any damage to the branches?

they recover quickly and grow back stronger :D

nice post Owd lol

thanks for that Owd :D

i was thinking of super cropping my Blue Cheese (Barney's) but have read that some of the Cheese variations don't repond particularly well to it.....not sure if its true or if it would effect me

has anyone had any experience of super cropping Blue Cheese?

lol

Nice one Owd. Never tried this before. If I do them in veg how long should I leave them to recover before flowering?

I was just looking for another thread you made where you showed how you chop all the lower unwanted branches off. I can't seem to find it. I needed some reference before I let loose with the blade. I did go through the topics a few times but I must be going blind. If anyone knows where that thread is could you link me up please?

here you go Blayz'd, i hope this is the one you are looking for :stoned:

Ahh, that's the one mate thanks. I thought it was a thread about it like this one :wink: That's why I was missing it then. Glad one of us was on the ball. Thanks again bro.

A week on so i thought i'd post a pic of the result

As you can see i even split this stem and a couple of others when i bent it but it soon healed and its saved me about 8" in height plus allowed lower buds on the branch to receive more light

In fact i find its best just to do it till you hear a crack or the stem tends to virtually go back to where it was before

post-6338-1225663058_thumb.jpg

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 11