Supercropping

Owderb

its bin 4 to 5 days npw an its still at a 45 degree angle but the end of the plant is lookin fine facing up to the light, wat do u think peeps?

its bin 4 to 5 days npw an its still at a 45 degree angle but the end of the plant is lookin fine facing up to the light, wat do u think peeps?

90 degree angle i ment

• Like 1

Guest thousandyardstare

90 degree angle i ment

Itll be fine, that bend will grow into a big knuckle eventually...

here's a wider shot, both plants had been topped to give two main colas, the one on the left wasn't tied back, the one on the right was.

(smile, with russian in foreground)

lovely plants... what sort of yield r u expecting to harvest of them 2 (dry) ?

kinked 2 top colas miles back just to see n good results , just don,t kink too much or have some sticks at hand :rofl:

Not the best of photos or examples but you can get the idea....

Without supercropping you would see 4 main buds at the top and then you would have all the lower down buds fighting for space lower down.

With supercropping you end up with many more buds at the same level which means more yield and maximum use of space.

post-42763-1277971907_thumb.jpg

Edited by dogzilla

This was a male I played with a year or two ago. Turned it into a helecopter type thing. Far from healthy but that wasn't a concern, I just practised stuff on it. Like that stem bending around the main stem lol If that was a female and I had them lined up nice in a tent, I think that type of training, so the colas grow at the outer edge, would act like those step setups you see. Where you can get the light closer to the main canopy and the buds which would usually be lower on the plant. So you'd get better yield and make better use of the light. Interesting one. When I'm back in the game I'll have to try that out. I'll stick that on my to do list with the million other things I wanna do.

post-20749-1277988976_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah this looks good, my mate was gona give me some Blue cheese and I'm doing Skunk #1 I know they are a bigger plant so thought I'd pass on it, but after seeing this thread I'm gona get them and give them the SC treatment.

Nice one!! :B):

• 4 weeks later...

It's similar in effect to bending. With bending you tie the top of the plant down so that it grows in an arch. The main stem still grows big and strong, but the many little stems along the way stretch out and get more light = more growth. My first ever plant was a single generic Indica I grew in my walled garden in Bahrain. Because I didn't want it to stretch over the wall height I tied the tip to a brick, about 8 inches from the top, and gently shortened the string between plant and brick, over a few of days, so it formed a big arch. After about a week all of the side stems were growing upwards, and it eventually kept me and the missus stoned for about two years.

• Like 4

this is called super cropin eh !!!

iv been doin this for years with out even realisein i was super croppin !!!

i dont bend them untile they snapp though its a bigg no no in my book

bend them and tie them down with flexy wire you dont do any damage and you get even more controlle of how the plant grows !!

dont know what its called what i do but if this is super croppin mine must be super dupa croppin :shutup:

coz its a better techniqe !!!

• 1 month later...

I've just managed to shhnap a BCN Diesel, trying to SC it and didn't read my plant at all well. :skin_up:

I thought i was getting the hang quite well, taped it up ok, wont be happy but will recover, certainly slowed it down a bit. You live and learn, at least the canopy's level now. CC

My plants have stretched to fook last few days, my light can only go up few more inches now because of the cf.

post-16466-1286893572_thumb.jpg

Im only 9 days into flower aswell so im guessing the stretch wont be slowing down anytime soon. You guys reckon it will be better to supercrop them or will it make no difference waiting untill i've ran out of height space for my light? which will probably only be about a day or two anyways :yinyang:.

My best looking girl in terms of leaf size and smell looks like she's trying to supercrop herself with all the bending...

post-16466-1286894227_thumb.jpg