Supercropping

Owderb

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

thanks for that Owd smile.gif

i was thinking of super cropping my Blue Cheese (Barney's) but have read that some of the Cheese variations don't repond particularly well to it.....not sure if its true or if it would effect me

has anyone had any experience of super cropping Blue Cheese?

:yinyang:

hi dotzero. i am going with blue cheese next time. did you super crop them if so how did it go?

hi dotzero. i am going with blue cheese next time. did you super crop them if so how did it go?

my 1st grow dec 2013 was a barneys blue cheese grow,i over crowded and over vegged my plants,had to supercrop them all thru the flowering stage,didnt seem to bother the plants at all

• 4 weeks later...

I am a week from 12/12, last night I tied some tops down. But there was one that I missed. So I tried the old sc on it. Just warmed the spot between my fingers, gently applying pressure, and after a few minutes it was quite plyable and was being bent back and forward, I just kind of bent it over. Would of posted in this thread but I can't with my phone. One is my alum though. I will stop the LST i think as this was a bit easier, and all the string could get in the way when watering.

This has been a great lesson and a great read. Thanks

• 1 month later...

Thought I would give this thread an add on :)

The plants in the pics are renowned for stretching and even though they are 4 days into flowering I needed to reduce the height. Normally a net would be fitted and I would spread under that but these plants are quite woody and bending is very difficult.

So hopefully you can see what I have done. The plants were around 14-16" tall so I went half way down every stem in the tent and dug my nail in in the position I want to bend to and bent the plants down. the plants have already had this done once, some twice, and are now only 8" tall but are very wide. Hopefully you can see it :)

gallery_6338_6585_87584.jpg

gallery_6338_6585_181207.jpg

gallery_6338_6585_118947.jpg

• Like 13

Ooooh, you beast, you! That's no way to treat a lady! :woot:

Nice one Owd, as usual. Now if I did that I would probs snap 'em in two! Question: I always find that when I've bent them down that unless I tie them down, they just form a hard knuckle then return to their former height with extra grow energy ~ am I just not bending them down hard enough, even though they tend to hang their heads limply when I've done this?

• Like 2

Ooooh, you beast, you! That's no way to treat a lady! :woot:

Nice one Owd, as usual. Now if I did that I would probs snap 'em in two! Question: I always find that when I've bent them down that unless I tie them down, they just form a hard knuckle then return to their former height with extra grow energy ~ am I just not bending them down hard enough, even though they tend to hang their heads limply when I've done this?

Getting similar results as Arnold I'm afraid :(lol

Isn't that the plan though? It just holds the height back for the others to catch up and form an even canopy? I thought so, and I may be wrong as I'm hardly an expert, unlike owd!

Isn't that the plan though? It just holds the height back for the others to catch up and form an even canopy? I thought so, and I may be wrong as I'm hardly an expert, unlike owd!

yeah this is my take on SC too, I use it on all my plants as I usually opt for less numbers in my space. It allows other growing tips to catchup and reduces the height by a small amount, this creates wider bushier plants. Supercropping after the stretch has a bigger impact on height imo, although I only do this if I have one or two heads that have stretched too much in relation to the canopy.

I also have some that come back up but it just means you didn't force it down enough. Crush the stem more between finger and thumb is what I do. Sometimes they droop limp down but I just leave em

Owd

• Like 2

Heres a few shots of the plants just 24hrs after being butchered. Its amazing how they recover and hopefully you can see the effect its had :)

gallery_6338_6585_118124.jpg

gallery_6338_6585_122766.jpg

gallery_6338_6585_96474.jpg

gallery_6338_6585_22631.jpg

And a final one on how they look :)

gallery_6338_6585_174216.jpg

Owd

• Like 11

• 2 weeks later...

just started doing this recently and it is crazy the shapes the branches end up

Looks to be like they are never going to hold the buds in full flower unsupported but I'll have faith I'll not have to break out the yo-yo strings. lol