Supercropping

Owderb

I did it perfectly without a snap and it took far less from my height in the end, when it recovered. I pinched it and felt the cruch instead of hearing it, then bent it. I left the bend at 90 degree but when it recovered it's gone to a near 45 angle. So it's probably better to be a bit more harsh with it and get the nice horizontal action going on. They do take a beating though don't they. Impressive technique.

• Like 2

Another 9 days on and although not a great pic you can see the healed bend in the bottom right corner

The branch is also holding itself up, you can also see where the buds that were below the tops have grown upwards and are getting plenty of light

Also the bud formation is as good as those branches that didnt get the treatment so it hasnt held it back one bit as i can see

post-6338-1226444553_thumb.jpg

Owd

• Like 2

Supercropping helps me out regulary over the years if any plants start to strech to far above to others and I have never completely snapped one, as long as you use common sense it is easy enough to do with a little practice.

Peace,

GG

Im thinking of using this technique. I know im gunna struggle for space due to a revegin issue. Im only on day 10 of flowering and theres about 30cm left i can raise the light. 3 questions

Will using this technique slow down the flowering period?

Would it be more sensible to do it now or when they get to big?

When are my plants supposed to stop streching?

Thanks

CM

• Like 1

just like to add for those that fear they may be too heavy handed and snap the branches.

whilst SC'ing a rouge branch a couple of days ago i accidentally snapped it :wink: , not to the point where it came away from the rest of the plant.

But it was only held in place by a bit of (not sure what you call it) but plant matter.

the typical stupid me thought i know i'll repair it with a rizla :wink: like i've done so many times with a snapped ciggy.

needless to say humidity sap from the plant ect ect

i may as well have farted on it.

i was just about to bin the tip and learn from my foolish clumsiness when i spied the selotape.

and hey presto :huh:

i'm not advercating it's ok to go around ham fisted snapping them off willy nilly or that it will work for everyone.

there's always the risk of getting an air bubble and it killing the rest of the branch off.

but it can and does work in some cases.

just my 2p ;)

great thread Owd :smoke:

CT

• Like 2

Thats the fantastic thing about cannabis plants, how they are really resilient to its own environment and how much stick they can take.

Im thinking of using this technique. I know im gunna struggle for space due to a revegin issue. Im only on day 10 of flowering and theres about 30cm left i can raise the light. 3 questions

Will using this technique slow down the flowering period?

Would it be more sensible to do it now or when they get to big?

When are my plants supposed to stop streching?

Thanks

CM

Bump

Anyone?

P.S Sorry if this is hijack thought it was good place to ask the questions

hi

i dont think it slows down flowering

i would do it now :yinyang:

they can stretch for 2 to 3 weeks ,sometimes longer ! (depends on strain )

:soap:

thought id add a pic of one i crushed from the start of 12/12 lol

i didnt bend it just crushed ,it did slow it down lol

post-12504-1226493750_thumb.jpg

Edited by bart

Surely it uses alot of energy over a few days to repair the stem. That's energy which should be going to buds in flower. If I didn't have the space to bend I think I would supercrop in flower if they were getting to big. I think it's best to do all the supercropping just before flower. Give it a few days to repair and then 12/12. Then not as much energy gets taken from the buds in flower. I've never done it in flower but I'd guess it slows growth because it's using some of the energy to repair rather than grow.

I think I would supercrop in flower if they were getting to big.

:rofl: i was having to crush every few days ,they recover quickly

how much yield i lost ,dont know :fuckyou: i was still happy with it lol

I think I would supercrop in flower if they were getting to big.

lol i was having to crush every few days ,they recover quickly

how much yield i lost ,dont know :rofl: i was still happy with it :D

How come you were crushing them mate?

Just to strengthen the stems?