Supercropping

Owderb

would only do if really needed for first 2 weeks of flower no longer as they need the energy for dem buds !!!

Nope IME it almost makes no difference when you do it. the only difference it makes to the buds is the direction of the light because apart from a crushed stem then as far as I can see the vascular transport route should (as long as you don't over do it) stay the same..:yep:

totally agree, ive done this loads of times at various stages of flowering and it doesnt seem to effect the buds at all, although all strains are different, some bounce back a lot quicker than others.

shogun

• 1 month later...

would only do if really needed for first 2 weeks of flower no longer as they need the energy for dem buds !!!

Nope IME it almost makes no difference when you do it. the only difference it makes to the buds is the direction of the light because apart from a crushed stem then as far as I can see the vascular transport route should (as long as you don't over do it) stay the same..:yep:

totaly agree i used to tie mine the day they started 12/12. Edited by cantregister

Couple of questions,

Where would you pinch the stalk, would it be at around canopy level?

Also when they heal,do they remain at the 90 degree angle for the remainder of the grow or do the eventually prop themselves to vertical again?

Couple of questions,

Also when they heal,do they remain at the 90 degree angle for the remainder of the grow or do the eventually prop themselves to vertical again?

you can pinch the stalk where ever you need to, its usually done near the canopy to lower the height of rogue branches. they usually stay more or less at the same angle, it depends at what stage of growth they are pinched, if they are pinched in the veg stage they new growth will try and grow verticaly. trial and error mate, pinch a couple of branches at various stages of growth and watch what happens over the rest of the grow :smokin:

shogun

• Like 1

I generally pinch them at a node so that I lay the branch down to the same level as the growing tips that I have pinched at if that makes sense..

Edited by madgiz
  • Like 1

Couple of questions,

you can pinch the stalk where ever you need to, its usually done near the canopy to lower the height of rogue branches. they usually stay more or less at the same angle, it depends at what stage of growth they are pinched, if they are pinched in the veg stage they new growth will try and grow verticaly. trial and error mate, pinch a couple of branches at various stages of growth and watch what happens over the rest of the grow :smokin:

shogun

Thanks.

Ive got a couple of Bubblegummer on the go and will soon be in flower. Stretch can be x3, so wil defo give this I try if needed :stoned:

Is it worth SC uk orig cheese there at about 20 inches now still in veg was going to veg till this Friday,I've only got 2meters in height to work with😁,I've topped then at the 6th node up a couple of wks ago,does this method increase final yield or just stop the stretch ???

Cheers lads GF08

• 2 weeks later...

hey shotgun hows tricks ? well heres a couple of my plants that are strapped down at moment . i usually start sc them at 3 weeks at that point i usually sc the main stem to make all lataral growth starts to push out the way then week or 2 later strap all side branches down . usually have to rety them every couple of weeks till in bloom but then all i do is adjust some of the strings so to let more light inside but seem to yeild mutch larger super cropping like you shotgun ! peace , be lucky!!

post-67712-0-47291300-1331677813_thumb.jpg

post-67712-0-59157600-1331677868_thumb.jpg

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ive got a few that I fimmed after 2 weeks of vegging then I tied them down, then to top it off I have scrogged them, they look awesome, lotsa bud sites! Tis only my first go at everything, never tried topping etc just the fim (=

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Quick question, I have 3 and half weeks left on my pineapple chunks, would i be ok to SC one of them now? And if so, will it knock back harvest time? The one i was thinking of SCing is like 10" from my light and the light is as far north as it could possibly go...

Quick question, I have 3 and half weeks left on my pineapple chunks, would i be ok to SC one of them now? And if so, will it knock back harvest time? The one i was thinking of SCing is like 10" from my light and the light is as far north as it could possibly go...

yeah you should be okay as long as you dont over do it, try some light bending and tying :stoned: