Supercropping

Owderb

And a final shot a fortnight on showing how they looked. Like Ive said don't be afraid to be a bit aggressive with them because you'll be very surprised what they can handle :)

gallery_6338_6585_275878.jpg

Owd

• Like 10

• 5 months later...

I had to do another plant so thought I'd post another example of what I did. The tops are now hanging below the top of the pot :)

Before

gallery_6338_7565_546018.jpg

After

gallery_6338_7565_221555.jpg

Owd

Edited by Owderb
  • Like 5

wow i only have ever pinched the new growth, i wrongly assumed to crop the woody stuff further down the stem was too risky.. i shall be trying this though it will come in very handy :)

cheers owd

Edited by Sancho Panza
  • Like 2

The moral of the story is, don't let your plants tell you what to do and, grow how they want if they branch out and mess up your canopy bend it and lie it down where your canopy is or if your heavy handed :execute: get some yoyo's and tie them down :xmas: :xmas: Happy Xmas

Dizzygoat

Edited by Owderb

• 5 months later...

just wondering.....do you do this in final weeks of veg or can you carry on doing it for first 3 weeks of flower.?

@buddyboy74 Up to the end of the stretch is fine, you can do it later if you need but they wont straighten out as much. I flattened a branch at 5 weeks that was stopping me getting the light where I wanted it and other than growing like a hedge and needing support it was happy enough.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Ive got two power plants who went on a sprint over the others in veg and are now nearly 24 inches tall whereas the rest of the canopy is 15-16 inches. I FIMed the two power plants 6 days ago and moved them out of the 600w grow room and under a 125w CFL just to allow the others to catch up. They recovered from the FIM and have new growth now and Saturday theyll be going back under the 600w as I switch to 12/12. But theyre still too tall for everything else and Im dreading the stretch as Ive got a parabolic which will limit my space.

I think I need to supercrop but when is best to do this, now before 12/12 or when the stretch has kicked off after about a week on 12/12?

edit: thanks as always to Owd for the info

Edited by RATM

Ive got two power plants who went on a sprint over the others in veg and are now nearly 24 inches tall whereas the rest of the canopy is 15-16 inches. I FIMed the two power plants 6 days ago and moved them out of the 600w grow room and under a 125w CFL just to allow the others to catch up. They recovered from the FIM and have new growth now and Saturday theyll be going back under the 600w as I switch to 12/12. But theyre still too tall for everything else and Im dreading the stretch as Ive got a parabolic which will limit my space.

I think I need to supercrop but when is best to do this, now before 12/12 or when the stretch has kicked off after about a week on 12/12?

edit: thanks as always to Owd for the info

i would do it now mate, remember to tie them down or they will just grow back towards the light.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I'm currently scrogging a single plant and its nearly 3 weeksninto flower, the stems are too tough to bend back under the screen now and I've got a couple of high flyers making that canopy uneven.

Would suoercropping the taller ones help me in this situation, I'm hoping it will stall the taller ones so the smaller shoots will catch up, I can also direct the taller ones to the outside edge doing this

Cheers all

If they are too tough to bend then just dig your thumb nail where you want to bend and steadily work it. Another good thing about super cropping is you can choose where you want to bend to :)

Ive even done this 5 or 6 weeks in when I couldn't get the light any higher and the top buds were starting to suffer from heat stress

Owd

• Like 8

Oh I'm not worried I super cropped my last ones with 2 weeks to go because they were nearly touching the light with no movement left in the light. I just didn't know if there was a better method for scrog.

Done it now anyway lol, just pinched them and folded. Too tough to pull back under the screen and probably a little too tall as well.

• 2 weeks later...