Supercropping

Owderb

• 1 year later...

I do this pretty much as soon as the clones root. Gentle at first, more just bending the branches back and forth at several points. Strengthens the plants early although I would not bend it properly until the plants are a few weeks old. This often means that no support is needed. I top plants also so there are plenty of branches and no main big bud, just lots of big buds.

Pinching out all the small side branches on the branches means an easier cropping plus not too much fluffy lower bud. Sometimes I let the lower bud grow out just for the hash and so on.

Cannabis plants can take a hell of a bashing really. I've Gaffa taped snapped branches and had them recover and put out for me.

Will upload some photos when I get a chance.

Some great advice here!

Edited by MyDisplayName2000
Grammar

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
On 10/27/2008 at 11:07 AM, Guest Tyler.Durden said:

I achieved simlar buy tieing the branches down on my last crop, although i can see this being slightly quicker to do, im thinking tieing them down is a better option as it didnt do any damage to the branches?

Also less collective stress which has gotta be like an anti hermi  for the plant

• 11 months later...

I keep cutting the very tips of the emerging leaves upsetting the chemistry of the plant which causes an even distribution of sidearms all as main stems.

Ive took some pictures of me doing it when i figure out how to upload pics il show people.

I dont get much internodal stretch doing it this way. I aim for 6-8 main arms usually and about 6-10oz per plant. It works perfect for both SOG or tree grows, ive done SOG with 1.5gpw yields and about 30minutes trimming thats it. the tree did @ 32 1oz+ main arms yielded 41oz and took 10minutes to trim, only 1gpw tho

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Thanks Owderb! I was nervous about doing this but had no choice as I'm quickly running out of space. After the first one got squeezed there was no stopping, its so easy! Now theres a nice even canopy with an extra weeks worth of stretch. It feels like I've cheated lol

On 16/09/2011 at 7:14 PM, medden said:

just a little tip ive fond for super croping that helps not crack your stems. Take a pair of pliers and wrap the teeth with electrical tape and that way when you find the branch you would like to super crop instead of trying to pinch the stems specially those thick ones with your fingers. BAM you just give it a squeeze and you get a perfect super crop and wont snap you stem less repair/stress for the plant. i supercrop like crazy and sometimes i had plants in flower and i would super crop something and not bend it enough and crack or snap a stem. heart breaking. plants look great. just a little tip to make it easy

Good tip, thank you. I used needlenose pliers with some duct tape. You only need to squeeze lightly with the pliers to get a good bend, I may get myself a new dedicated pair with a spring for this. I think having feedback from the pliers would be helpful.

Supercroppers.jpg

CroppedCanopy.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

After faffing around with tape I came up with an easier way of pinning down fresh super crops. Using a peice of rubber coated garden wire I bent it into an "S" shape, tighter on the bottom. The top bit is then bent into a kind of hook and put at a right angle to the lower part. This can then be slotted onto the branch to stop it growing straight up. Quick and reusable

large.Crop1.jpglarge.Crop2.jpglarge.Crop3.jpglarge.Crop4.jpglarge.Crop5.jpglarge.Crop6.jpg

• Like 8

• 2 years later...
On 12/02/2021 at 11:52 AM, Bloby said:

After faffing around with tape I came up with an easier way of pinning down fresh super crops. Using a peice of rubber coated garden wire I bent it into an "S" shape, tighter on the bottom. The top bit is then bent into a kind of hook and put at a right angle to the lower part. This can then be slotted onto the branch to stop it growing straight up. Quick and reusable

large.Crop1.jpglarge.Crop2.jpglarge.Crop3.jpglarge.Crop4.jpglarge.Crop5.jpglarge.Crop6.jpg

Top tip. I do the same thing. :hippy: