Supercropping

Owderb

I did nt want to try this as some dodgey topping to one of my plants stunted its growth visably for a week and looks like it never really fully recovered, its gets lush new growth but twice as slow as the others I moved it to the middle to try help it along. Anyhow I tried supercropping just one branch (main stem) on 1 real skinny tall thing and I thought Id done the job, the next day it was back upright but with a banana shape in the main stem I dont want to try again as it looks a bit funny and might have weakened it my luck Ill end up snapping the top 8-9" off. S.K

• 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Just wanted to add something I learnt recently ...

One of the plants I supercropped ... came straight back up again; the mistake I made was to try and gently push it back down. Doing this snapped the stem in virtually two!! I used tape to hold it together but alas it never revived again.

So if they come back up after supercropping, you will need to find a different location on the stem to repeat the process.

• Like 1

So if they come back up after supercropping, you will need to find a different location on the stem to repeat the process.

An inch or so above the original bend is ideal.. :yep:

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

is there any limit to number of times you can do this to the same plant at the same time,will snapping too many at once shock the plant or something?

Edited by alton x

I've done it to every top on some plants, and more than once and it never bothered them

Owd

great news,im rapidly running out of headroom,they burst through my scrog net so fast they caught me off guard,need to break some stems and get them heads back under the net.

• 2 weeks later...

First time this grow that I've aggressively super cropped my girls during veg. I normally SC in flower to even my canopy out but this time round I've evened it out before 12/12. Got some nice bushes lol

Only an observation but I reckon it slows up root development. I've just potted into finals and I don't anticipate needing to SC any more so I'll see if root development speeds up a little

T, x

2 weeks into flowering on my first grow, plant was looking amazing so I never super cropped and decided to do that on my next grow.. Then, yesterday, the universe decided I SHOULD super crop and as I opened my tent my lights (400w HPS with euro reflector) dropped straight onto her! Split the plant right down the middle where I topped the first time.. Burned leaves and bent most of the stems. I thought I'd lost her, but my mrs just whipped out the tape and wire and put her back together like humpty dumpty.. I come back in today and now the whole plant is level and actually looking better.... If not more oddly shaped.. But the point is all of the budding sites are receiving light now and it seems to have worked out well... So my technique seems to work.. Just drop shit onto your plants and have a wonderful woman put it back together while you shout and scream at gravity.

• Like 15

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...