A Brew Guide for Essence

ZeroZero

Well it would not be ok to use it mixed with a fungicide as well, if thats what they mean, it seems a daft thing to say. Your question was simple, will your wetter harm a friendly fungal/bacteria solution if added to the mix as a spreader. All they had to say was yes or no. If they say not harmful, go ahead.

Quick question guys. Am brewing up right now, about to add the essence.

Do you still use the airpump for the essence brew after adding the essence or does it bubble away on its own without the airpump? and also, the jug w/water only, do you keep that bubbling away via airpump for the full 12 hours?

Thanks

Laz1.0

Guest Mr.Greengenes

Just bubble the plain water for an hour to get the chlorine out.

Now warm the water: do not EXCEED 33C

Add molasses, bubble for 10 min or so.

Now add the Essence and bubble for 12 hours minimum. It has been suggested that bubbling for longer..up to 24 hours is beneficial, but I can't usually be arsed to wait that long.

Don't forget to add the catalyst after the 12 hours bubbling.

Apply just before, or as the lights go out.

Stuff is fabulous mate! :oldtoker:

All the best

Ok fellas, got my stuff ready to rock and roll. 2 more questions and I am going for it, big time.

1: My heater seems to max-out at 29.6c. Will this be high enough to work?

2: How long after the essence-brew is complete can it sit without being applied, before it loses its "magic"

Many Thanks

Laz1.0 :spliff:

Guest Mr.Greengenes

Not sure about the heater.....

Just bubble it until you are ready to use it...i.e. just at lights out. Earlier in this thread it is actually recommended to bubble for 24 hours!

So what is the MAX temperature the brew can get to before it passes the threshold.

OT1 seems to say up to 35, whereas others are saying 33

Those two degrees could be the difference between success and failiure so please clarify.

Guest The Sheriff

Heya lazarus1.0 , you seem to making hard work of this imho , no one will give you a specific temperature as every microorganisms be it fungi , bacteria trichoderma species etc react ie thrive die or get replaced at vastly varying temps from 7c to 60c . The ones you are wanting as stated many times will be around anywhere between 22 and 40 , i would suggest the cooler one for a fungi dom brew and slightly higher for a bacto .

Ps , im not sure on the added bacteria in the essence from plant magic etc but Ot i belive has been involved in trials of the stuff and if he says 35c is the optimum temps i would gess that would be a safe bet , good luck .

I recommend a start temperature round 30c as ideal for all the species.

I just mix hot and cold water to about 30˚ to 35˚c bubble a bit to dissolve the molasses chuck a level spoon of essence and some seaweed in and put by the boiler and bubble over night, I keep bubbling until I use anywhere between 8 and 24 hrs.

I don't use a heater, although it would probably be a bit quicker, it really is not that critical.

Bubbling at 35˚c over a period of hrs will change the balance the micro heard, ie some will multiply faster than others, its better between 20 and 30˚c

It is important not to let the temperature go above 40c as his was kill some of the species.

Its so simple, been using it for about 4 years

Ha!

Yes, I am maming hard work of it. I guess it comes down to me being somewhat of a perfectionist, trying to do something to the best of my abilities, and learn as much about something as I can, when it is so relevent to the final result.

I know the ranges have been said in this thread, but the thing is different people saying different things will always have someone like me scratching my head and wondering which of the numerous temp ranges to stick to. Besides, isnt the point of an internet forum, exactly for this, questions and answers?

I have been on a really steep learning curve this past few weeks, and yeah, have asked a shit-load of questions, but I didnt think there was anything wrong with that.

Laz1.0

PS: Thanks for the replies.

My brew, which was at 31c this morning around 6am, is now at 28c 6 hours later. Am I right in thinking I can just leave to brew for a few more hours (say 16 instead of 12) that it should still do the trick on the lsf? I am asking this because I read in this thread that if it drops below 29c then its rendered useless.

Sorry for the noob questions.

Guest Mr.Greengenes

I definitely don't agree that it's useless if it drops in temp....the first time I did this I made such a mess of it, but the stuff is really deserving of its name...it's bloody magic!

Don't worry, sounds like you will be fine with how it's going. Try and keep the temps as they are or a little warmer. Is it frothing nicely?

Yes, my friend, it is frothing like something really frothy!!

I am about to go apply the magic, finally!!

Yaaaay!!

Laz1.0

PS: To everyone who helped me get my head arond this, I SALUTE YOU!!

:oldtoker:

• 3 weeks later...

hello :wink:

im going to start brewing my essence in a bit

after reading the leaflet that came in the essence box im a bit confused though, it doesn't say anything about adding extra bubbled water to the bubbled brew, just brew and spray,

2 paths to chose what should i do.. :(:ouch:

also my air pump has only one air tube, when mixing the 2litres of water and 1litre of brew way, would it be ok to put it all in one bucket to bubble and mix?, i was thinking it all ends up in the same sprayer at the end..?

hello :unsure:

im going to start brewing my essence in a bit

after reading the leaflet that came in the essence box im a bit confused though, it doesn't say anything about adding extra bubbled water to the bubbled brew, just brew and spray,

2 paths to chose what should i do.. :rofl::)

also my air pump has only one air tube, when mixing the 2litres of water and 1litre of brew way, would it be ok to put it all in one bucket to bubble and mix?, i was thinking it all ends up in the same sprayer at the end..?

Hi - not sure if it makes a difference adding the extra water or not but if you do the advice is to bubble the extra water seperately before mixing to get rid of any chlorine that might kill the beneficials in the brew.