A Brew Guide for Essence

ZeroZero

Guest Mr.Greengenes

Yes Greens Horticulture...click the banner top right of this page and it will take you to the Product Support section...where there is a link to the shop. Or just go to Greens

Any idea why the new batch of Essence takes up to 24 hours to produce foam while the old batch foams within a couple of hours?

I am due to buy some more Essence soon, i found the original batch i got from Webby was very effective even when i only brewed it for 10 hours at a time. Just wondering if the new batch will be just as effective after 10-12hours brewing as i get a bit of grief in me earhole about it sat there for for up to 12 hours bubbling away.

I think i may need to wear ear defenders if i was to suggest to my girl that i now have to have it sat there for 24hours with all the associated noise/sound that comes from the set-up/brewing process. :spliff:

Guest Mr.Greengenes

That's not the case in my experience. After 12 hours mine was foaming like a good 'un, even though for the first few hours the temp was building up to the reccomended level and was way below to begin with. (I had the new green type)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You can buy all the stuff for brewing, and full instructions if you look up EM fertilizer. I have this link www.Spam.co.uk. A dutch company called Agriton that now have an outlet in the UK. The reason its not sold ready made up is due to its shelf life - once put in a sealed bottle it will last for a month but once opened it is manly effective if used within 3 days. The dutch claim it ups the thc as well as all its other benefits??

Edited by Owderb

Just about to brew up guys.

Couple of questions:

1: How many gram of molasses do I put in the brew

2: Will GrowthTechnology non-ionic wetting agent do as, er, the wetting agent?

3: Is it just the jug w/molasses that needs to be kept at a constant 32c?

Sorry for the rookie Q's..Hopefully this will do the trick on the lsf shite.

Laz1.0 :mellow:

Edited by lazarus1.0

Couple of questions:

Laz1.0 :mellow:

1) I use about a teaspoon.

2) Don't know - as long as there's nothing in it that would be toxic to the micro-life probably OK.. :wub:

3) Yep - plus don't fret too much if the temp drops a bit lower, do fret if they get any higher....

Enjoy your brew!

Will Growth Technology non-ionic wetting agent do as, er, the wetting agent?

Don't know, email or phone Growth Technology and ask if their spreader has anything in it that would damage a live bacterial/fungal culture you want to spray on some plant foliage.

Will Growth Technology non-ionic wetting agent do as, er, the wetting agent?

Don't know, email or phone Growth Technology and ask if their spreader has anything in it that would damage a live bacterial/fungal culture you want to spray on some plant foliage.

Thanks OT1:

Just rang them and they said it should be fine with friendly bacteria as long as thats all I was using it with.

It says on the bottle: ALSO ASSISTS IN THE APPLICATION OF PESTICIDES & FUNGICIDES

Does that ^^^ make it legit??

Laz1.0

Couple of questions:

Laz1.0 :spliff:

1) I use about a teaspoon.

2) Don't know - as long as there's nothing in it that would be toxic to the micro-life probably OK.. lol

3) Yep - plus don't fret too much if the temp drops a bit lower, do fret if they get any higher....

Enjoy your brew!

Ta Mate!

lazarus, wetters and spreaders are products that reduce surface tension so the whole surface is made evenly wet, they are normally used with foliar feed, fungicides and insecticides so the application is spread evenly over every surface sprayed, there are two natural spreaders yucca and soapnut, both are micro heard safe. They can also be used in making compost so it rewets easily if it ever dries out.

All the others wetters are chemical in nature, ie soft soap or detergent based, some of these are harmful to micro life, thats why I said ask the manufacturer.

lazarus, wetters and spreaders are products that reduce surface tension so the whole surface is made evenly wet, they are normally used with foliar feed, fungicides and insecticides so the application is spread evenly over every surface sprayed, there are two natural spreaders yucca and soapnut, both are micro heard safe. They can also be used in making compost so it rewets easily if it ever dries out.

All the others wetters are chemical in nature, ie soft soap or detergent based, some of these are harmful to micro life, thats why I said ask the manufacturer.

Thanks for the detailed info buddy.

As I said (Just rang them and they said it should be fine with friendly bacteria as long as thats all I was using it with.) they said it is fine with friendly bacteria so should I just go ahead and use it?

Sorry for the confusion, I just want to be crystal before I get o nwith the brew.

Laz1.0