A Brew Guide for Essence

ZeroZero

That 2nd pic looks like Granules rather than Essence to me evans mate - no camera atm for pics of mine sorry

e2a - like the guys above already said :stoned:

Edited by Arbuscule

Well i got it from greens if it is i'm pretty gutted cause i've got an outbreak just now and really need to get it applied tomorrow, dont see how it could be granules though, it would mean granules have been put in a tub thats meant to be essence then sealed and shipped plus surely everyone else who got it from greens would have the same stuff.

I'd still give it a go. I think I read Granules contains the same mix of bacteria as Essence so it should still work, just might not be as potent (since Granules is mixed with other stuff) and you'll need to make sure the big bits don't go into your sprayer.

Not nice tho, I just got my Essence from greens and it's the right stuff... I'd have been very annoyed if I got granules.

Anyone have any ideas about the questions I posted 5-ish posts back? Mainly the last question I could do with being answered.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I had read this thread properly instead of speed reading through it lol

I applied essence today, Last time I applied essence was about 7 days ago and tbh I was a bit pissed of when I went to use it as there was no froth left, so this time I used it 9 hours later when it was on full froth mode, now realise the best time is when the froth has de-frothed itself.

I am using too much, 4, seedlings (2wks) 6 clones (4wks) and me mother.. roughly 3 teaspoons of essence in 2 litres of water :rofl: not happy with using the soap flakes as a wetting agent and as I am now out of essence lol I need to get some more and will get the yucca wetting agent.

My plants never looked healthier, leaves praying up to the light the lot lol

Am holding of a foiler spray with the epsoms, they don't look like they need any, but think OT1 said it would not do any harm, but that could be the water feed.. I would sooner not have to be told by the plant that it needs epsom salts, and rather think I can use it as it wouldn't do any harm, believe one teaspoon per litre for foilar spray is okay?

sorry drifting of topic.

Essence... ABSOLUTELY A-FUCKING-MAZING. lol lol lol lol

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if you could use squashed fresh aloe vera as a natural wetting agent or would have to process it in some way? I think it's meant to have surfactant properties.

Edited by tom o'rite

• 1 month later...

I don't understand why there's 2 jugs, can't essence just be made up in one container? it'll be easier for me to maintain the temperature consistently if it can :)

oh and what colour is essence, catalyst and bio-silicon? Iv'e used vitalink silicon or something before and that was clear but all my bottles of plantmagic stuff is brown of varying consistencies/smells :D

what about pH of the water, is that important? mines about 7.6 :spliff:

Don't think pH is an issue Mr. Sparkle....

Edited by BluePixie

• 2 months later...

I have got my essecne now, just a quick question, i will be using an aquarium heater to heat my water, just wondering is it ok to put the heater in the jug with the essence brew to to get the required temp? also the instructions that come with the essence are wicked to follow, i found this guide a bit hard to follow

I have got my essecne now, just a quick question, i will be using an aquarium heater to heat my water, just wondering is it ok to put the heater in the jug with the essence brew to to get the required temp? also the instructions that come with the essence are wicked to follow, i found this guide a bit hard to follow

The heater will be fine in the water with the essence in it mate. I found this guide spot on thanks 420 :unsure::rofl:

wicked thanks budder, my only problem now is getting up at like 5am tom morning :-( so that the essence is ready for lights out at 6pm tom grhhhh :-(

EDIT: also this guide u have to use 2 jugs, the guide that comes with the essence u only need 1 jug, and it gives u the mixture for 1L of water ^_^

EDIT: one thing the instructions dont say is at what pressure to keep the bubler at? its got a hi - low swivel button on the bottom, shall i keep it near to low or near to high?

Edited by tingting44

• 2 months later...