A Brew Guide for Essence

ZeroZero

IMO you're best off using an aquarium heater to keep a constant temp. Leave it in the water for an hour or so to give it time to stabilise then adjust the setting until you've got it right. Bear in mind that after you add the essence the reactive process will cause the temp to rise by a few degrees ime, so start with it at the bottom end of the advised scale.

You don't need a second air pump/ stone though.

• Like 3

+1 info overload, has the pm essence kit got all i need?

Yes

Is this really has complicated as it sounds?

No, this thread does make it sound more complicated. When you get the essence you get a brew guide with it easy step by step. I've made about 4 batches now i have never heated anything. I start with warm water and keep it in the same room as the grow, seems to do the job all the batches frothed up nicely and did the job!

:yinyang:

Edited by 0ska0
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi knowledgable people.. Ive just ordered essence and it comes with catalyst rather than maxicrop? Is this the same thing or are we talking about totally different products?

When do you add the catalyst to the mix?

Cheers. Jim.

Guest bud_boi

Hi knowledgable people.. Ive just ordered essence and it comes with catalyst rather than maxicrop? Is this the same thing or are we talking about totally different products?

When do you add the catalyst to the mix?

Cheers. Jim.

Alright dude

To answer your questions, yes catalyst and maxicrop are basically the same thing (seaweed extract) so you can use either or.

If i remember rightly, you add the catalyst just before you pour the essence into the sprayer.

BB

spray question.

the finer you can get the spray the easier it is to be sure you've coated everything and the coarser the spray the more difficult (and messy!) it is, but also, obviously, the coarser the spray is, the more you use.

obviously here pressure and nozzle setting are related, but, broadly, what are the parameters/limits...

I dont mind killing a few to be honest if it means less gip in my back so

Q1 How fine a spray can you get away with at a pinch? ...

Put another way: when it says "too fine a spray will kill em" what is "too fine?

Q2I know I'm chancing my arm here but, Any chance of a maximum number in BAR (or PSI) which can be reached without killing significant numbers?

(Yes, I'm an anally retentive boffin-type weedgeek and I like to have exact figures on my clip-board before I put my lab coat on. ahem.)

oh sorry and 1 more thing how do you clean your sprayer? I guess washing up liquid is out?

I just been filling it to brim w/ tap water and leaving to stand.

something dark at bottom but it might just be seaweed stains

cheers

Freda

E2a sorry mods, meant to post that in the PM essence thread, just copied it over, can you delete this?

Edited by Freda Weed

• 4 months later...

^That's a good question...I'm just knocking up my first brew right now so don't expect it to be answered in time but it would be good to see a video of how it's supposed too be used...or someone with a good enough vocabulary to describe it, not really sure how such a thing could be put into words tough :unsure: but maybe thats just my limited intelligence and lack of sleep :russian:

:yinyang: Energy saving tip: Leave your jug of water in the sun for a day or so and this will dissipate the chlorine in it. (obviously the level of dissipation depends on the level of direct sunlight)

^That's a good question...I'm just knocking up my first brew right now so don't expect it to be answered in time but it would be good to see a video of how it's supposed too be used...or someone with a good enough vocabulary to describe it, not really sure how such a thing could be put into words tough :unsure: but maybe thats just my limited intelligence and lack of sleep :russian:

:yinyang: Energy saving tip: Leave your jug of water in the sun for a day or so and this will dissipate the chlorine in it. (obviously the level of dissipation depends on the level of direct sunlight)

Silly question but have you read the start of the thread?

e2a PM Catalyst can substitute the Maxicrop mentioned, around 1 ml per L

There's also a one jug method as included in Essence pack and on PM's website.

Edited by T-800

• 1 month later...

WOW!

Spent most of my afternoon reading all of this topic and shopping for the necessary bits and bobs in preparation for my battle against the LSF! Thank you to everyone for their contributions, there's more than ample information here to do a potentially 100% perfect brew.

I'm already excited about doing my first brew tomorrow, don't think I've ever seen such a huge amount of very high recommendations for a single cannabis cultivation product!

Done the first brew at the weekend, it went perfect! I invested £15 in an aquarium heater (to be later used in a butt or hydro) so was able to keep the temp at 31c over night for 14 hours and there was a tsunami of froth on the living room floor in the morning! :wassnnme:

It seems to be fighting off the LSF, a lot of leaves are easily falling off now - is that about right?

I'm doing another brew tonight and was wondering if I can add PM Bio-Silicon to the spray solution just before spraying?

:smokin:

• 5 months later...