A Brew Guide for Essence

ZeroZero

O'reet plant?...cheers for that bro. :) ...i got this stuff from the hydro shop for wetting agent but its shit to be honest,some kinda soap solution that fuckin bubbled like a twat when ya mix it in!!..:wink:

,some kinda soap solution that fuckin bubbled like a twat when ya mix it in!!..:)

if that horticulture soap , i think it also has fungicide properties !

so if im correct then you shouldnt be using it with essence

hey bart,thanks a million bro,iv not heard that but all info can be usefull info right?

this stuff iv got is 'essential hydroponics,non ionic wetting agent'..not sure if its what you mention??

anyone else know anything about this??

Guest Robert Plant

ok guys ive cocked up :ouch: i was brewing some esscence up and to try and keep it warm i sat the jug in a bowl of hot water, i left it unatended for about 30 mins and when i came back the temperature had risen to 44c AARRRGGGHHHHHHJHH :eek: so in doing so ive killed all the good guys :doh:

can i just add more esscence to it once its cooled to 32c and just leave that bubbling, or do i start over :unsure:

:eek:.:doh:....fuckin ell plant r you brewin up today as well????...hows that for wierd?!!...lol

dude i did exactly the same thing as you but i did it TWICE. :ouch: ...yeh i added more essence at the right temp and re brewed it,all was well man,plants loved it.

hopeyou get it sorted.thats what i did anyway and it worked. :unsure:

Guest Robert Plant

ahh the joys mate, the joys!!! aye ill go and add the rest of the tub( my last may i add :ouch: ) heres hoping i dont cook this lot :unsure:

fuck me im, in exactly the same position bro,the last two gram gone in and its getting spent on mylovely oasis/viper's..:unsure:

later bro,may the force be with you brother.

For anyone who has difficulty in maintaining the correct temperature during brewing, I can't recommend buying an aquarium heater strongly enough :blushing:

I have a small 25w heater with suckers on it that stick to the inside of the jug I'm using. It has an adjustable temperature control that ranges from 18-32 degC and if I have it turned up fully, it keeps the temperature between 32 & 33 degC regardless of room temp.

This means I can start the brew going and leave it - even go out for the day - knowing that the temperature will always be just right. Only a few quid off fleabay...:stoned:

Good one MH, ;) we got a little reptile shop just near us,might have to pile down n check em out,how much you pay for it MH please??

I bought it early november - cost £11.50 inc. postage :wink:

E2a: Just checked and it's a 'Visi-therm'. They do several different wattages, but the smallest (the 25w) is ample for a 2L jug.

Edited by Metal Halide

bloody good prices eh,cheers dude coz i can go down and ask for something specific now,instead of goin in lookin like a naaaana not knowing what im after...:ouch:

which is usualy the case..lol..later dude. :wink:

Thanks ot1 :wassnnme: I can start brewing 8 hours before I need it then instead of 12 :wassnnme:
I spoke to Webby about this after my first brewing attempt and he siad that generally the longer it brews the better. And from experience if it stops foaming it's stopped multiplying and the spores and bateria are dead. Took me 3 goes with cool box, heat mat and air pump to work out the best combo to keep it at exactly 32c. Works perfectly now tho.

And from experience if it stops foaming it's stopped multiplying and the spores and bateria are dead.

I'm not so sure about this claim. I've just added molasses to warm bubbly water and have created a bunch of foam.

And from experience if it stops foaming it's stopped multiplying and the spores and bateria are dead.

I'm not so sure about this claim. I've just added molasses to warm bubbly water and have created a bunch of foam.

I am looking at the same thing right now how strange.

I'm sure Webby's post said that the best time to apply is as the bubbling stops?

Ay Chickenlipssr4 he did...

When you first start brewing the Essence the culture multiplies very quickly, you have a huge surge of activity going on in the mix, they are all multiplying and feeding at a vast rate.

A heaped teaspoon of mollases per litre of mix is adequate, this is ample to feed the culture and sustain it. When the bubbling calms down, this isn't a bad thing. Some people use a drop or two of vegetable oil to actually stop the frothing in the first place. The frothing reduces as the culture has expanded to adequate numbers, almost as if they are nudging each other out of the way. To put into perspective, with each batch (the powder) that is made tests are done and an analysis is sent back from the laboratory. The results are vital to know what is going on and to ensure the numbers are their and in most instances you might see the culture multiply by 10 or 12 times, but you will also recieve a count called "TMT", this is "Too Much To count" i.e. they are by the millions. The TMT reading is when there is no more frothing so in other words one might deem this the best time to apply the mix :yinyang:

Do peeps in the know have any thoughts on how crucial it is to maintain temps at 32C - higher is maybe gonna kill stuff, but is slightly lower gonna slow down production massively?

I've settled on a slightly simpler brew method - 5 ltr bucket with about 2ltr of water in goes into my mum/clones space (ambient temp fairly constant 25C), with an airstone bubbled overnight. In the morning mix a teaspoon of mollases with a pint or so of hot water, add 4-5ml of seaweed extract (i'm using Vitax), and chuck this into the mix. Should feel very slightly lukewarm to the touch. Chuck in 1/2 teaspoon of essence powder about 15 mins later and leave to brew whilst at work. Generally still frothing a little when I get home about 10 hours later, with evidence of 'wild' frothing earlier in the day. Use that evening............ I have no idea what the temp of the brew is throughout the process, but am guessing it's close to the ambient temp in the space - 25C.