A Brew Guide for Essence

ZeroZero

This guide is made up from my posts made in Felix's thread [ Fun with Fungi ] (pg19 onwards) to make it easier to find as requested by Arnie :clapping:

start with what you need :band:

A=airstones

B= 2litre jugs

C=molasses

D=Essence

E=Wetting agent.

all sitting in the heated prop i use to keep the brew warm for 12 hrs,its a non thermostated one that can be bought at a good garden center. Just plug it in untill your finished brewing.

I use a yukka extract as the wetting agent but im not sure how available that is so need a replacement wetting agent, maybe horticultural soap but i would need to find out :ninja:

post-5479-1223924265_thumb.jpg

The air pump is one that you can buy in your local aquarium shop and the maxicrop i use,

post-5479-1223924400_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223924839_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldtimer1
clear
  • Like 4

ok first step is to get the 2 litre jugs and fill them with water

x1 with 1 litre of water in

x1 with 2 litres of water in

then i bring the temp of the water up by adding a little hot water from the kettle to get them both warm, about 31C ,this is just to help the temp while its bubbling for the next hr.,but now is to time to add the molasses/treacle while it bubbles for 1 hr to get any chlorine in the water to bubble off and disperse.

post-5479-1223925044_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223925051_thumb.jpg

ok now add the molasses/Treacle to the 1 litre jug of water and mix in well then leave to stand and bubble for 1 hr ( i hope i get these pics in the right order lol )

post-5479-1223925137_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223925144_thumb.jpg

mix well and leave to bubble for 1 hr, dont add any essence yet .

post-5479-1223925420_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223925427_thumb.jpg

ok now its been 1 hr its time to take the molasses 1liter mix to the kitchen and warm it back upto between 30c and 35c NOT above .

35C is max temp otherwise it will kill the essence

as you can see the temp has droped to 24.8C in the last hr

post-5479-1223925650_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223925656_thumb.jpg

Edited by oldtimer1
clear

Weigh out your essence to what your needs dictate. For instance im useing it as a preventative treatment on pretty clean plants so i only need 2 grams but i use 3 grams for luck every 7/14 days .

If you were using it to stop an outbreak you would use 5 grams every 5/10 days

post-5479-1223926102_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223926107_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223926114_thumb.jpg

ok normally this would be it for the next 12 hrs ,

Then you would add the 2 litres of normal water that has been bubbling all night to a spray bottle then add the molasses/essence brew to the spray bottle aswell giving you 3 litres of spray to use.

You would then add 1ml/per litre of wetting agent( so 3ml in all) i use the yukka extract .

then you add 5 ml/per litre of the maxicrop so 15ml in total to the mix and mix well then you are ready to go

BUT

i differ a little ,at the stage of adding the essence i also add 3ml of maxicrop to the essence brew aswell.

then when it come to adding more before spraying i add 10ml so use a total of 13ml Maxicrop rather than the 15ml but its up to you which you do.

and after a few mins you will see it starting to bubble........ then it go crazy lol

if you want to not worry about lsf again then this is the way to do it ,and anyone who has been attacked by lsf will understand how bad it can be but you wont belive your eyes on how good this stuff is when used to stop and prevent lsf ,ill be useing this on my "normal" garden outdoors aswell this yr.

ill put more pics up tomorrow morning when its finished brewing :guitar: and show pics of adding the yukka and maxicrop and also the rules on what NOT to do when useing a pump spray bottle,while spraying the brew.

post-5479-1223926395_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223926404_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223926413_thumb.jpg

ok so this is how the brew looks 12hrs after brewing ,note the mess on the wall it can be cleaned up very easily with soapy damp cloth ;):guitar: advice is to put down a fair bit of newspaper if you not useing a propagator ,even with the prop it gets everywhere :guitar:

i was supposed to treat the carpet, right ??? :guitar:lol

and the spray bottle i just ran out and bought because my other one was crap and broke lol turns out it works sooooo much better than the last one aswell .........higly recommend it.

post-5479-1223926589_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223926595_thumb.jpg

ok now that all in the spray bottle its time to add the 10ml of maxicrop but you can add 15ml if you haven't added any before brewing ....in total i have added 3ml before the brew and 10 ml after giving me 13ml total per treatment.

this is where you could finish and then screw the top on the spray bottle and shake well before using straight away

BUT

I have included a pic of me adding 3ml of yukka extract(wetting agent) so at a ration of 1ml/per litre

its very good stuff and allows the spray to wash over the leaves instead of beading off ,just in case anyone didn't know lol

post-5479-1223926854_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223926859_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223926865_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223926870_thumb.jpg

ready to go

But the rules now are don't pump up the spray alot ...for me it took about 5 full pumps to get the pressure i needed and make sure the nossle of the spray is set on as course a spray as you can otherwise ,

too much pressure will kill the trichoderma etc like a human in a pressure cooker lol and if the spray is too fine then you are likely to kill them by shredding them up before they even hit the plant which you dont want to do ....................................if you want to see the magic that is this brew work, that is :guitar:

post-5479-1223927009_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223927014_thumb.jpg

and then spray everything in veg and i go upto 2 weeks into flower but you could go more ,as far as i know all the way up to harvest if needed but i have never done that myself so don't take my word for it.

Ispray leaves top to bottom and make sure the stems of each plant are also drenched .

post-5479-1223927159_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223927168_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223927174_thumb.jpg

and finally

once complete i leave the lights off,or spray just as lights are going off,then leave them off till its time for lights on and you will be done lol

if you have an attack then i would recommend you repeat this 5/7 days later or if like me your useing it as a preventative then 10/14 days time

Me i will treat again in 14 days now unless i see any slight damage in which case ill do it in 7 days but more likely 14 by the looks of mine im happy that they should be ok till then.

Is it worth it ...............................just ask the people who have used it :guitar:

Edited by oldtimer1
Clear

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Graeto

'Essence' is a mixture of several beneficia bacterial and fungal species. It promotes general plant health and is very effective against fungal infections, such as 'leaf spot fungus'

It's discussed more fully in the pinned thread above this one 'Fun with Fungi'

It can be ordered by pm-ing webby, one of the site mods

Hope that helps

A :smoke:

• Like 1

Do you know of anyone whos used it more than 2 weeks into flower?

I used some earlier this week and I'm nearly 4 weeks in to 12/12 now. AFAIK you can use it right up to the last week of flower. :yinyang:

Edited by Metal Halide