A Brew Guide for Essence

ZeroZero

Any one know if a few drops of photography wetting agent will be ok ilford ilford or would this be harmfull,if not will washing up liquid do as the wetting agent.I can get some essentials or growth technology wetter on the flea,.Also i have a small square black water fountain pump that was used to pump water in a water feature ornament, do you think this could work in place of an airstone?,it produces bubbles when submerged although the bubbles wont be as fine as an airstone.I was looking to buy the essence alone as i already have catalyst although its the same price as the starter kit on the flea.

Edited by NuVista

Any one know if a few drops of photography wetting agent will be ok ilford ilford or would this be harmfull,if not will washing up liquid do as the wetting agent.

...most washing up liquids, chem and environmentally friendly, are bactericidal ie have some bacterial killing properties. I would suggest not using them, better to just spray without, the essence will still work but the cover is not so good.

No idea about the ilfotol, personally I'd not use it

If the pump you want to use is an impeller type, it's no good, it will shred the beneficials.

You need an air pump and an air stone.

If i can explain the pump ,its like a small box with a tube pretrubing from the top like a pencil which produces the air flo.

I could just order an airstone and tubing and use the pump i already have to run that i think?

Edited by NuVista

If it's a submersible pump like this...

wa65hi.jpg

the no, it's no good for what you need.

If it's a submersible pump like this...

wa65hi.jpg

the no, it's no good for what you need.

Ok thanks..they are pretty inexpensive on the flea.

• 4 months later...

Once the mix is made and used can the rest can be stored at room temperature in the spray bottle until used again and again.

Also I assume PM Bio wetter is good with this instead of the yucca

Ok I have read in the thread to use the mix all up in one go to get the best from it or am I wrong?.seems a lot of spray for one application.

I am wondering if dutch pro leaf green would suffice instead for a novice to try first?

Edited by NuVista

• 1 year later...

^ I usually use it within one hour after the airstone is taken out. Once you stop bubbling it slowly loses dissolved oxygen and the bacteria and fungi start to suffer and/or die.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

Simle and cheap but extremely effective way to brew compost is: GO TO AMAZON.COM THEY SHIP WORLDWIDE FOR FREE after $50 spent! Buy some Bu's Biodynamic Compost tea for 10 bucks for 4 tea bags each bag brews 5 gallons! I simply use 1 bag per gallon to make it concentrated! I DO NOT DILUTE!!! U SHOULDNT HAVE TO DILUTE TEA IF IT IS DONE RIGHT! No matter how many nutes you put in it, if you brewed it right the beneficial mykos will act as a buffer for so many different problems from an imbalance in your soil with PH to Nute burn if you brewed it right it should act as a buffer and fix this! I ADD NO NUTES TO MY TEA! It costs me 36$ to brew 4 gallons of HIGHLY CONCENTRATED MICROBES... I use Bu's Biodynamic Compost tea 1 bag per gallon

Extreme Gardening MYKOS a large handful per gallon or however much u want!

Wholesome organics Unsulphered Molasses

SIMPLE RECIPE WORKS AWESOME I EVEN USE IT ON NEW SEEDLINGS AND SEEDS THAT JUST CRACKED WITH EXCELLENT RESULTS LITERALLY A COUPLE HOURS AFTER APPLYING THEY SHOOT UP A HALF INCH TALLER AND START THROUGHING MORE LEAVES! ALso will make ur greens greener and ridges ridgeyer!lol ALSO MAKE UR ROOOTS EXPLOOOOODE I Have some that have tap roots growing on the outside of the pots after it blasts thru the bottom!

All a true AACT is, is a compost based tea used to activate or inoculate your soil with beneficial micronbes! Or a combo of both! So you are adding more microbes to a soil thats dormant but has microbes in it, the water is used as the carrier for these microbes the oxygen helps them stay alive, When these oxygen filled microbes hit your dormant ones in the soil it activates them by supplying them with oxygen and by the thousands of microbes u just brewed! I spray twice once 8 hours after start of brew then after 24 hours that way I can get the most out of it by letting the soil dry in between sprayings! Just remember for longer brew use molasses and have it air hoses in it!

Also a good pump made specifically for brewing is Active Aqua also found on amazon for $25dollars and it has (4) outlets for hoses and i believe they make other ones with ever more outlets remember more oxygen in your water the more microbes will be activated!

• 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 10/13/2008 at 1:08 PM, ZeroZero said:

This guide is made up from my posts made in Felix's thread [ Fun with Fungi ] (pg19 onwards) to make it easier to find as requested by Arnie :clapping:

start with what you need :band:

A=airstones

B= 2litre jugs

C=molasses

D=Essence

E=Wetting agent.

all sitting in the heated prop i use to keep the brew warm for 12 hrs,its a non thermostated one that can be bought at a good garden center. Just plug it in untill your finished brewing.

I use a yukka extract as the wetting agent but im not sure how available that is so need a replacement wetting agent, maybe horticultural soap but i would need to find out :ninja:

post-5479-1223924265_thumb.jpg

The air pump is one that you can buy in your local aquarium shop and the maxicrop i use,

post-5479-1223924400_thumb.jpg post-5479-1223924839_thumb.jpg

Make fast compost all the way to humus if you want using aerated aerobic liquid composting (AALC). It's the same basic idea as aerated aerobic septic systems, only you're using fruits, vegetables, wild dynamic accumulators, etc. Unlike making worm castings where well over half of your inputs go to growing worms, with aerated aerobic liquid composting you get back everything you put in, In fact, you get more out than you put in due to an accumulation of all of the airborne fungi, bacteria, etc., in your AALC. That's all free added nutrition. (Link to forum on this topic removed)

Edit: Wrong thread. Meant to post in http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/topic/180964-vermicompost-worm-farm/

Edited by STRaggl3R
Edited to ad info and remove external forum link