Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Shroom

Need advice on genetics

Hi I’m not sure if I’m posting in the write area but I’m very new to these forums. Could anyone give me advice on some very reliable genetics I don’t care about how much they are. I used barneys farm the last two runs any have had 3 hermie a out of the 6 I’ve grown. If you could link me to any posts on these forums that have info on the good breeders i would really really appreciate it. My nutes, temp, humidity and tent (no leaks I check once a week) have been all on point with no problems and talked to some friends that are very experienced that have said I’m doing everything right.(they do clones so they don’t know any good breeders and too far away for me to get clones from them) and I’ve been told recently how bad barneys farm is for herms. Also are there any strains I should flat out avoid due to being hermie prone? I don’t trust the newer strains as I want more stable gens. So I’m just really looking for the most reliable breeders. And is there a difference on regular and fem seeds herming more than the other? Thank you very much and again I hope this is posted to the right place. Sorry if not 

1 person likes this

My advice is to look through the grow diaries and pick what suits you from there. You can always check strain talk out too

Owd

6 people like this

Hi @Shroom 

If you want reliable & good quality seeds my advice to you is to pay a lifetime subscription fee Here on UK420 for £100 & claim 7 Packs off Far More Reliable & Good/Great Quality seeds....

Sorry to read you already wasted a bucket load off you're time, electric & money on Barney's hermies my advice above is very cheap but also very good. I Guarantee you it'll put a Smile on your face & give you happiness far more often anyway bud.

You can also just subscribe to UK420 for the 1 year "make it a trial" for Only £20 & get 1pack off far more reliable seeds than 20packs off Barney's, read around here & choose wisely mate. All the best. 

Cheers 

6 people like this

Ok mate thanks for the advice. When I have the money I’ll definitely subscribe just broke atm with this covid shit as I still can’t work(bad health conditions) and I’m hoping I can save my current crop. I’ve isolated the main hermie plant but I’ve only found about 20 single nanners no bunches at all and they were all very young ones still green as grass. I just sprayed optic switch on the leafs to hopefully stop the male hormones. Only got 12 days left on the worst one so I know I’ll be able to harvest that thank god haha. But the stress is killing me. I already have anxiety problems enough (and it doesn’t help that I’m currently taking a break from smoking, 1 month off it so far and feel good :D) but I don’t want the stress in the future as I did very good my last run I got the quality I want but didn’t go for a big yield. This time I got the yield and the quality is spot on but obviously will be ruined if it seeds. I think I’m so far along now tho that I’ll be fine if I keep the herms isolated and keep plucking the nanners. Have you heard or used anything from royal queen seeds? I’m looking for some seeds I can get in the next week so I can start some new ones in my veg tent. Just don’t want to wait weeks to get some from the states as I’m trying to keep some what of a perpetual grow. Thanks for the advice much appreciated.

Edited by Owderb
Quote removed
1 person likes this

Which forum on here has info about seeds? Is it the breeders one? 

Edited by Owderb

On 13/02/2021 at 9:20 PM, Shroom said:

Which forum on here has info about seeds? Is it the breeders one? 

There are the breeders helpdesk bits of the forum here with plenty of information on the seed types they sell and also grow diary’s

http://www.uk420.com/boards/index.php?/forum/137-breeders-help-desks/

The current subscriber seed choices are 

Subscribers pics are here

4 people like this

On 13/02/2021 at 6:11 PM, Shroom said:

Could anyone give me advice on some very reliable genetics

Sensi seeds hindu kush regs are very stable and can be much better than the description they give about it. Also its quite cheap compared to some of the newer types you see advertised these days.:lucky:

2 people like this

For what it's worth I am another one who would highly recommend the subbies seed selection here and there are some real belters available at the moment. I am currently growing Animal Biscuits by vicfirth12 and they have been amazing plants easy to grow and by the looks of things they are going to be pretty special once harvested.

My next couple of grows are going to be from the subbies selection as well, I just ordered some of the London lemon haze x MAC1 crosses from buddy13 and the Northern lights x haze cross from Dr. Feelgood.

My reason for choosing the subbies seeds is that most of them come from growers on here who will grow multiple plants before selecting the best to bread with, it saves me so much time from hunting for special plants from regular seed packs, in addition, many of the growers here are much better connected than me and get access to 'elite' cuts which I can only dream off, the UK cheese x gelato seeds are a great example of this. Here was a grower who had access to some pretty special clone only plants who took the trouble to reverse one of them to create pollen and then donated the seeds to the site for subscribers.

Hope you find something you like.

greenie

7 people like this

Hi all thank you for the advice and recommendations. I had a look on the shop on here but not much available as a free member atm. I plan to subscribe ASAP. I’m guessing I’ll get access to a better menu when I do? Cause I only could find two vendors on the shop and most seeds were not in stock it said. I’ve decided to go with seedsman seeds for my next run and use optic switch in the beginning of flower as I’ve heard good things about that. Have any of you personally used seedsman seeds? And also I’ve heard great things about Humboldt seeds so I reckon I’ll try them in the future if I keep hearing good things. Thank you all again. 

4 people like this

Hey @Shroom the store page doesn't have the available strains for subscriptions you need to check the "Current Free Seeds List for Subscribers" thread that was posted earlier by @lildaveham there's not a huge selection but there are some killer genetics there and the value for money is incredible.

None of the stuff that's produced by the members here has a marketing budget but do a bit of digging and you'll see what goodies there are to be had.

I've used seedsman nothing wrong with them, just depends on what you're after from your weed. There's some very special plants to be found if you look in the right places. Take some time to read some of the work of the members here and it'll definitely help you make your decision.

Edited by NezA
Tag
2 people like this

Lifetime subscription, £100

you’ll be supporting the site and provided with genetics that people in the UK have grown, it’s a no brainer you’ll have more seeds than you know what to do with! 

3 people like this

De-stress mate ,worst case scenario you will have to pick a few seeds out before you grind ,it certainly won't ruin your crop. Although he is re-stocking soon and so empty at the moment,UGORG is one of the favoured breeders here . Dinafem and Sweet Seeds are also very highly regarded indeed.

I could be wrong but I'd guess that those 3 between them probably have more grow diaries here than all other breeders combined.

As far as  Optic Foliar Switch goes all I can find is that the ingredients are secret  but something to do with Ethylene gas (which bananas release) so fuck them and then fuck them some more .Given that we grow buds for consumption and not as pretty Christmas decorations anything with unverifiable ingredients is a huge no for me .

With decent genetics ,tried and tested by thousands here, you won't need any witchcraft or potions  and just run the risk of over complicating your grow which gives more opportunities for fuck ups.Grow shops will always try to sell you the latest yank miracle product at redunculous  prices,fuck them too and then fuck them some more 'and this is me in my happy place lol

Gumbo.

Edited by Gumbo
4 people like this