Welcome to UK420

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

InTheSystem

SCOPEX-680 No-Till Rolling Diary | InTheSystem

70 posts in this topic

Subbed...:yep:

3 people like this

@growinggold - Easy mate, nice to see you checking in. Should be a fun log of a new grow room build, lighting, no-till, bug breeding and other bits and bobs. Shall do my best to keep it interesting. 

@Amo - Yes now brother! Cool to hear from you.. Hope your keeping well?! I finally got the Root Brother! Hurah! It's definitely my favorite in the collection thus far structure wise, going to be a game of patience waiting for her as it's one of the personal faves smoke wise haha Looking forward to getting going now, slight delay with the shed build waiting on delivery for panels and skid beams. Feck sake. Oh well, best to take my time and do it properly. I should have a free day next week me and my mate can fire it out. So only a slight delay. Get comfy and enjoy my friend. All the best

@Budelaire - Cheers Dude, definitely need it as you know lollol 

@Notorious B.U.D - Yo Dude! Cool to see you checking in for this next adventure. 

Edited by InTheSystem
6 people like this

Yoo dude,

Nice start and can’t wait to see what comes next!! I’m sure you will do the lights justice :yep:

all the best fella,

:afro2:

2 people like this

The sheds going to be producing plenty of frosty flowers this year.

3 people like this

@lildaveham - Ahoy there matey! Thanks for the kind words. Always great to have fellow No-Till crew in here checking in here and keeping me on my toes. Pushing the boat out for this one man, got myself a Govee hygrometer, Inkbird controllers and looking into soil moisture meters to get everything really on point. Hand/eye has done me fine for years but with the technology available now, I am really keen to embrace and integrate it as tools for dialling in stuff, as I feel that's the stage I am at right now. Leaning towards capacitive soil moisture sensors using Arduino/Rasberry Pi - something that has been suggested by @FarmerPalmersNT - I think he said he has already ordered it and having a play around with a LCD for readings outside the cab, I am sure he will create a topic when he pulls it off! haha Can't wait to get going with everything, got some cool things in plan for this diary.... It will be extremely progressive also with solar and other bits in store from DiyLedUK HQ in the pipeline...

@diyleduk - Main man in da house!!!! This is going to be a cool year......Thanks for involving me rude boi! :D 

Edited by InTheSystem
8 people like this

2 hours ago, InTheSystem said:

other bits in store from DiyLedUK HQ in the pipeline...

Interesting :)

:yinyang:

2 people like this

@Shumroom - BIG tings gwarnin brother! These guys mean business, that's all I will say ;) 

3 people like this

Thanks for your recommendations. I am going to grow Jungle Cake and Runtz so will follow your tips. Stay health) 

Edited by lildaveham
Unnecessary quote please use the @ function
1 person likes this

@greenvertigo - No worries mate, will be a little while before I grow the JC and Runtz out in flower, but they will be the next cycle with the SCOPEX ;) Thanks for the good vibes, stay safe 

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Hey Everyone! Sorry it's been a while on an update. Due to various obstacles and delays I have only got up and running this weekend! The shed build took ages due to waiting for deliveries and my lack of construction skills lol Never the less, she is up! The build is 18mm birch ply, whole interior studded and insulated with 40mm Celotex and the roof with 60mm. The entire interior is 11mm OSB board. It's been a mission but I am pleased with the results. I will do a full update next week, but just thought I would check in again after being inactive a while :) 

In the bed is 2 Jungle Cakes, 1 Root Brother and 1 Ice Cream Cake. The Scope-X is a slick bit of kit.. I am really looking forward to seeing how it performs:

large.IMG_20210314_192025.jpg

large.IMG_20210314_192036.jpga

Big thanks once again to @diyleduk and @Diyleduk Craig - she is a beaut! Catch you all for a full update next week with all the details and finishing touches to the room not pictured ;) 

Good to be back, take it steady :) 

Edited by InTheSystem
17 people like this

Posted (edited)

Rolling in to the first proper update really... Told you I would be back soon enough! ;) So a little background info whats been going on since December... Well, nothing really! The Smart pot has been outside the entire time with the original cover crop having a slow, wet germination. The buckwheat around the perimeter technique is because it grows so vigorous and is an early chop and drop cover. That said, the bed was practically over watered from being outside in the rain a lot, so the original cover crop is a little pale.. I now have the soil moisture reading 80mbar  and rising, so it will all get its colour back quickly. The recent cover crop drop a few weeks ago includes; red clover, white clover, crimson clover, fenugreek, echinacea, dill, cilantro, alfalfa, marigold, calendula, rye grass and probably other stuff haha New addition for me this grow, is the Blumat moisture meter... I have read 100 mbar is the sweet spot for living soil but growers generally tend to let it drift a bit higher I notice. I modified the Blumat meter by taking it apart and applying a seal of silicon and reassembling - friends have advised this to prevent condensation entering and breaking the display. Plumbers PVC tape was also added to the thread to ensure no water/air leaks.  

The cuts were plugged a few days ago when the soil had dried out a little bit which is why they are looking happy enough. They should take off pretty quickly once roots are down:

large.IMG_20210316_190534.jpg

I had to make some minor door modifications involving the jigsaw in the tent going up the wall. Was I feck taking apart the stud.. So any specks is saw dust :D;):P 

large.IMG_20210316_190400.jpg

Root Brother:

large.IMG_20210316_190447.jpg

Ice Cream Cake:

large.IMG_20210316_190415.jpg

Jungle Cake 1:

large.IMG_20210316_190421.jpg

Jungle Cake 2:

large.IMG_20210316_190429.jpg

The cab itself is 176 x 140 x 215cm, 10 inch Mountain Air Carbon Filter, 8 inch exhaust, 6 inch intake on a GSE controller. Climate is controlled my inkbird humidity and temperature controllers hooked up to the appropriate climate control equipment... The humidifer is a DIY one but works well to be honest... Wall mounted air conditioning is a consideration for the summer! See how we go! New extractor and Meaco Oscillating fan is coming to complete it. Also waiting on some of that Orca tape to tidy up the sheeting. Trying to cut the edges with a stanley and cardboard didn't work out for me lollol 

large.IMG_20210316_190543.jpg

large.IMG_20210316_190525.jpg

VPD is fairly in check after an initial fail... RH sits at 60-62% and temps 22-27c the last couple of days now so should be set:

large.IMG_20210316_164221.jpg

I am using fungus imported from india to christen the shed. I will document these at some stage in more detail and dosage. After a few weeks, I will be moving to the eco system. As always, I have Dalotia Corairia (Rove Beetles) breeding tubs at the ready and of course a Persilimis subscription once in flower lollol 

large.IMG_20210316_190657.jpg

There is also 3x Exodus Cheese x Gelato by 4kali which I might flower out with a Runtz... 6l pots up the side or something. Up until this point, it's been plain tap water only - but I will be doing a couple of Korean Natural Farming techniques such as LAD, IMO and FMJ. In addition to this shall do one or two compost dunks from outside forests, fertile land etc to extract microbial life. Will probably brew some botanical teas (alfalfa/kelp in veg for triacontanol and kelp/neem start of flower) to kick start things are being inactive a while. I will probably be updating this diary again fairly soon where I will explain some of these tinctures/tonics and also show off a couple of new toys including the Scope X Led Controller... Woop woop!

So catch you then ;) :yep:

Edited by InTheSystem
16 people like this

Love read your diary, @InTheSystem . As for no-till beginner there is so much valuable info and easy to understand.  

1 person likes this

@Canna Denfour20 - Cheers dude, good to be back posting on the forum and spreading the info. I will keep it coming where I can.. My terrace garden is on form now Spring is here, so I will start talking about mulching using inputs such as Yarrow, Dandelion, Nettles, Comfrey, Horsetail, Hemp Shiv etc. I am trying to get away from even botanical teas soon, as it's unnecessary in an established bed. Where I have had 4 months out, it does need a boost haha I was surprised the worm population is so dense, the pot got flooded in the rain many times being outside lol 

3 people like this

On 3/18/2021 at 11:42 AM, InTheSystem said:

@Canna Denfour20 - Cheers dude, good to be back posting on the forum and spreading the info. I will keep it coming where I can.. My terrace garden is on form now Spring is here, so I will start talking about mulching using inputs such as Yarrow, Dandelion, Nettles, Comfrey, Horsetail, Hemp Shiv etc. I am trying to get away from even botanical teas soon, as it's unnecessary in an established bed. Where I have had 4 months out, it does need a boost haha I was surprised the worm population is so dense, the pot got flooded in the rain many times being outside lol 

WOW! That`s Great! Use Mother`s Nature gifts is amazing!  

1 person likes this

@Canna Denfour20 - You know it mate! Shall be back again next week for an update with some info on everything... Things are ticking along nicely now ;):D 

4 people like this